Television Stranger Things (Netflix Original) | CONTAINS SPOILERS

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Also the new “bully” isn’t convincing. Not because he can’t act, but ‘cos he looks like Zac Efron in a comedy wig doing an SNL bit.
Yeah, I couldn't get over how much he looked like Zac Efron.

Nevermind those girls at the dance, Dustin.

They don't deserve you.
That was so sad.

Watched Season 1 two years ago. Was surprisingly easy to be spoiler free from Season 2 until I watched it in the space of a couple of days just now.

Can understand the gripes, though with those who talked about it being annoying how stuff keeps happening to Will - it actually made sense to me that he had to be what this stuff happened to with the final(?) scene in the first season with him chucking up Dart down the sink. He was possessed from his time in the upside down but now the smoke monster has left his body he theoretically shouldn't be used as much next season.

For me, Will was one of the weaker characters in the first season and Noah Schnapp wasn't great but in the second season he did much better.

Not seen any potential spoilers for the upcoming season but from what happened this season, the obvious main plot points will probably focus on:
Papa, Eight and other experiments, the smoke monster (damn Lost flashbacks)... so while this season revolved around Will with Eleven being an afterthought until the last few episodes, I think the next one will see her be the main focus

As always, Gaten Matarazzo stole the show. I agree with others that Dustin's relationship with Steve was great this season. Mike was so damn annoying.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The new season is gonna need something properly gripping going on to keep a lot of people interested. We need mystery and cliff hangers

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Absolutely adored season 1 and 2 and will happily watch season 3 with a big grin on my face. Bring it on.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Both of the previous seasons have had those things.
First season in abundance, second less so in my opinion. The mystery wasn't as fun. I'm confident they'll do it though.
I don't think there was much mystery in season 2 to be honest. They gave you everything up front: "Here's the big shadow thing", "these are the demo-dogs" and so on. In season one you didn't really know the monster for a long time I felt and it came out of the walls and all that.

I'm not looking forward to season 3 to be honest. I felt season 2 was a real letdown after the homerun that was season 1.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I don't think there was much mystery in season 2 to be honest. They gave you everything up front: "Here's the big shadow thing", "these are the demo-dogs" and so on. In season one you didn't really know the monster for a long time I felt and it came out of the walls and all that.

I'm not looking forward to season 3 to be honest. I felt season 2 was a real letdown after the homerun that was season 1.
I think they'll start to concentrate more on the other "number" people, see how their powers are different etc. The monster can slowly grow in the background.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Finally got around to watching this and binged the first 4 episodes of season one. While I'm enjoying it so far, was anyone else annoyed by Winona Ryder's overacting?

Havak

Pokemon master
Might be an unpopular opinion, but I am looking forward to Stranger Things season three as much as I am for Game of Thrones' final season. Season one was amazing, season two was still very good but not quite at the heights of season one. I think this show thrives on mystery and it was obviously harder to achieve that in a follow up season and it'll be even harder still in a third. I maintain that the first episode of Stranger Things was the most gripping thing I've ever watched. Never have I had a bigger urge to watch the next episode as immediately as possible as when I first saw that. It was great stuff.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Might be an unpopular opinion, but I am looking forward to Stranger Things season three as much as I am for Game of Thrones' final season. Season one was amazing, season two was still very good but not quite at the heights of season one. I think this show thrives on mystery and it was obviously harder to achieve that in a follow up season and it'll be even harder still in a third. I maintain that the first episode of Stranger Things was the most gripping thing I've ever watched. Never have I had a bigger urge to watch the next episode as immediately as possible as when I first saw that. It was great stuff.
Yep it thrives on mystery, which is why it was mind boggling they decided to give everything away at the earliest opportunity in season two.
I absolutely loved the first season but I don't think I'll even bother with the next one. Unless it's getting rave reviews from people who didn't like the second installment.

afrocentricity

I do think this show is slightly overrated. It's good fun and a nice slice of nostalgia but it's a 7.5/10 show. Last season was a bit weak. I'm down for season 3 tho*...

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
I do think this show is slightly overrated. It's good fun and a nice slice of nostalgia but it's a 7.5/10 show. Last season was a bit weak. I'm down for season 3 tho*...
Got to say I agree.

As it happens, I thought the first season was great. Stylistically it was a respectful homage to 70s / 80s sci-fi fantasy movies like E.T., Back to the Future and even Star Wars, which were all essentially coming-of-age family films wrapped up in other-worldly concepts. Sure, you have scary aliens and government criminals chasing children in Stranger Things but it's ultimately a nostalgic, warm show about how the relationship between five children (and their families) overcomes the odds to save their own neighbourhood before Christmas. It wasn't groundbreaking but it was sentimental and ultimately about the people whose lives we were welcomed in to. As a self-contained story I'd highly recommend that first season.

Season 2 was disappointing, though. Beyond the financial gain, and other than satisfying little curiosities that could have been answered by taking a quick glance at the Stranger Things Wikia, there was no real need to go back to Hawkins. Don't get me wrong, it's still a watchable season of TV that I didn't waste any of my time with, but it survives entirely on its initial aesthetics, the pre-established charm generated by the central characters, and the introduction of a couple of new dynamics to the main group (Max and Bob, for instance). It hits too many beats that are virtually identical to original story, to the point where it becomes clear that the writers simply re-staged the first season on a larger scale, and their attempts to deviate don't work to well (do we talk about The Lost Sister, or?).

Will likely check in on season 3 once the reaction has died down but it's not on my list at present.

Oldyella

Looks good. Seem they are back to focusing on the kids and the sheriff a lot more. Hopefully skipping all the other stuff on 11 and her back story.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
I feel like we've all been sold a lie and Stranger Things is just and always has been a big load of well produced nothingburger.

afrocentricity

I think the feedback for 'that' episode in season 2 was loud and clear. We might see Kali again but doubt that side of things will be delved into too much.
It's telling that I can't even remember what you lot are talking about.

Kapardin

Season 2 was cack. They better bring it back to basics with this one. I want more of Winona Ryder's open mouthed, wide eyed nervy stares for one.

Twins

"Everybody loves a golden shower"
The trailer looks ok, lets hope they manage to improve on season 2.

Donk87

Supports
Arsenal
Doesn't look like there's much to build. Where's the fun in it?
There's more than 2,000 pieces! This is a pretty large set by Lego standards though if you're a fan of building you tend to enjoy regardless of size. Part of the fun is the display piece you end up with anyway. Well, that and waiting to see if the price skyrockets in retirement.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
There's more than 2,000 pieces! This is a pretty large set by Lego standards though if you're a fan of building you tend to enjoy regardless of size. Part of the fun is the display piece you end up with anyway. Well, that and waiting to see if the price skyrockets in retirement.
Jeez. Didn't look like it! Just realised the different floors are sandwiched etc though.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Didn't know people disliked season 2. I enjoyed it. It wasn't as great as the 1st season but very enjoyable all the same.

Sylar

Yeah, I enjoyed season 2as well. It was a fun binge watch and worked well to progress the story to the next step.

El-Manos

This show is very overrated in my opinion. It’s a decent watch with some nice nostalgic elements.