Straylan and Kiwi politics

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
#scottyfrommarketing must be getting worried. Greens on 11% was higher than I expected. So many marginal seats that even with Labor in the lead it is hard to predict the outcome. While there are quite a few marginals that the Libs/Nats might well lose there are a few very marginal Labor seats that could go the other way with a very small local swing. And with the Greens a couple of percent above their normal peak of 9% and strong support in a few urban seats - Melbourne in particular - we might just see them holding the balance of power in a minority government.

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/fed...irst-time-resolve-survey-20220117-p59orf.html

Last edited:

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
So Scottyfrommarketing has asked the states to let kids drive forklifts.

I thought I was reading the chaser when I saw that

WPMUFC

WA Premier calling a night time press conference....oh boy.

EDIT: rumoured to be border opening delay.

Last edited:

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Yeh likely the right decision and think the majority still on board with it, though lots unhappy about it.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
Richard Colback the minster of aged care decided to go to the cricket for 3 days when a hearing about his negligence that caused the deaths of hundreds was being conducted.

What a piece of scum

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Richard Colback the minster of aged care decided to go to the cricket for 3 days when a hearing about his negligence that caused the deaths of hundreds was being conducted.

What a piece of scum
Probably get him promoted given the moral vacuum that is our federal government.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
My new favourite hobby is watching boomer business owners on LinkedIn try and call her out while all the millenials remind them that the office of prime minister doesn’t guarantee you respect. It’s earned not given
And the pathetic bleating about it being his house. It is the PM's official residence FFS.

In general I assume people deserve respect until they prove otherwise and #scottyfrommarketing has repeatedly proven otherwise on almost every issue you can think of.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Even if Ben Roberts-Smith wins his defamation action (which is looking more doubtful by the day) I suspect the court of public opinion will have destroyed his reputation if indeed it hasn't already. The 2 who have given evidence so far must have undermined his case hugely.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...th-brs-ordered-shooting-of-unarmed-afghan-man

And his reliability as a witness can't have been helped by the judges comments when he lost a related case against his ex-wife.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...e-over-ex-wifes-access-to-joint-email-account

Last edited:

WPMUFC

The scary part is, I'm not sure that Joyce sent those texts when drunk as feck or during his very brief moments of sobriety
can we also bask in the knowledge that the LNP are genuinely trying to sell this as "because I wasn't the Deputy PM, i didn't know the person Scomo was at the time". As if the entire incestuous Canberra scene, one, doesn't know each other like family, and two, Joyce was deputy PM when ScoMo was a minister :lol:

Bondi77

can we also bask in the knowledge that the LNP are genuinely trying to sell this as "because I wasn't the Deputy PM, i didn't know the person Scomo was at the time". As if the entire incestuous Canberra scene, one, doesn't know each other like family, and two, Joyce was deputy PM when ScoMo was a minister :lol:
I often wonder are politicians born liars or is it something they realise they have to start doing early on when entering politics and then how long it takes before the conscience is numbed.

WPMUFC

I often wonder are politicians born liars or is it something they realise they have to start doing early on when entering politics and then how long it takes before the conscience is numbed.
When i read the Westminster thread and watch some of the LBC talk show clips on twitter / tweets posted in the thread, i do tend to believe we call out bullshit better than the British. I really hope this is another chance to do that and they don't let this one rest. They idea that joyce can claim a 180 based on "not being Deputy PM" insults even the politically-dumb in this country.

I so hope this is a death spiral for #scottyfrommarketing
David Speers pointed out that the NSW Libs are in open faction revolt. They haven't even pre-selected members to run in NSW. My bet is more leaks from NSW, especially if the "moderates" :lol: don't get their way on gutting the Religious Discrimination Bill

InfiniteBoredom

I can't see how they could get in again but I thought that last time.
Depends if they decide to do another tax cut, don’t think it’s quite feasible though.

I also have a gnawing doubt that the reason they have been holding back on business support, especially in retail and hospitality, is to time it with the election for maximum impact, but on the other hand people are pissed because of the inaction so most likely it’s just Libs being useless as usual.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
They might propose bringing the cuts due in 2024 forwards if they are desperate.