Straylan and Kiwi politics

WPMUFC

Unvaccinated french backpacker has brought it into WA from QLD. Likely visited multiple nightclubs on the weekend and in the community for a week infectious. Likely delta.

@Wibble

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
NSW just did a huge backflip on the back of infections virtually doubling overnight.

QR codes are back, masks indoors are back, 1 person per2 sqm rule is back for hospitality is back. Shame we didn't just delay removing g these measures a week or so ago as I think the suege of infection would have been at least somewhat tempered.
You and everybody else could see this but dumb feck liberals couldn’t.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
You and everybody else could see this but dumb feck liberals couldn’t.
So fecking frustrating that everyone with a brain, barring Domicron and #scottyfrommarketing, could have predicted it.

Last edited:

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
NSW had over 21k positive tests yesterday - 14.25% of those tested. Many couldn't get a test either.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Scotty is that inept and useless as a leader.

Worst Prime mister of my lifetime by a long way
Agreed and that is really saying something when Tony Abbott was PM not that long ago.

Here in NSW Domicron is giving him decent competition mind.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
I understand Scott is widely derided as an idiot, but I struggle to believe he can match Johnson's sheer ineptitude and laziness, let alone arrogance, self-entitlement and flagrant cronyism.

Maybe a debate for another thread.
To follow up from this Scotty has told Australians who cannot afford RA' tests that they can do without, yes they are not even free in this nation because his parties donors want to gouge us for money.

He has palmed off his federal governments constitutional responblity to the states, rorted off the top of my head about 100 billion AUD over the last 3 years, gave our backs 150 billion bucks to sit there, is owned by the mining lobby, gutted medicare, covered up rapes. There is a lot of evil in the Morrison government.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
To follow up from this Scotty has told Australians who cannot afford RA' tests that they can do without, yes they are not even free in this nation because his parties donors want to gouge us for money.

He has palmed off his federal governments constitutional responblity to the states, rorted off the top of my head about 100 billion AUD over the last 3 years, gave our backs 150 billion bucks to sit there, is owned by the mining lobby, gutted medicare, covered up rapes. There is a lot of evil in the Morrison government.
Amazingly, #scottyfrommarketing is more incompetent than Bojo. It is the state governments that have been the adults in the room throughout this. The Feds have been an utter disaster.

InfiniteBoredom

The US provides RATs free of charge.

Just take a second and let that sink in, we are worse than a country renowned for being shit when it comes to social welfare in the developed world.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
The US provides RATs free of charge.

Just take a second and let that sink in, we are worse than a country renowned for being shit when it comes to social welfare in the developed world.
Yeah but why won't you think about poor gerry harvey and other liberal party donors.

I need to get citizenship so I can vote this wanker out.
And remember to get your democracy sausage too when voting.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
Supply lines are stuffed as well because we do not have enough testing and despite being warned in September that this will be an issue.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
#scottyfrommarketing fecks up yet again.
Its almost like clockwork
  1. Gets warned about an issue
  2. Does nothing about the issue
  3. Said issue turns into a crisis
  4. Some crappy announcement
  5. Does not follow up on announcement
  6. Crisis has gotten worse
  7. State governments work overtime to fix it, media works overtime to cover for scotty
  8. Repeat process 1-7

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
  7. State governments work overtime to fix it, media works overtime to cover for scotty
  8. Repeat process 1-7
  7. Blames Labor/Dan Andrews
  8. State governments work overtime to fix it, media works overtime to cover for scotty
  9. #scottyfrommarketing says "How good is "issue" ".
  10. Repeat process 1-7

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
NSW Premier Domicron Perrottet announced yesterday that anyone who didn't reports a positive RAT test would be fined $1000.

Journalist: If someone doesn't report it how will you know to fine them?
Domicron: Erm?

You couldn't make this shit up.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Turnbull putting the boot in (quite rightly). We have a massive shortage of RAT tests yet government inaction means an Aussie company who makes them had to seek markets overseas and has now commited most/all production to export when we can't import enough.

#scottyfrommarketing couldn't organise or plan for the sun rising in the morning. The sort of bloke who could throw a ball in the air and miss.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Barnaby Joyce confirming he couldn't buy a clue.

The Guardian said:
The deputy prime minister Barnaby Joyce raised some eyebrows earlier this morning when he told Nine’s Today that people should not panic about Omicron as it was like a “mild flu” for the double vaccinated.

"Joyce: It’s everywhere. It’s in Queensland, NSW, it’s – the place is alive with it. We are lucky it’s a mild case ... for people who have been double vaccinated. And I’ve had it and it’s like a 2.5 out of 10 flu for a couple of days. That’s how I experienced it.

Presenter: That is not for everyone, though, deputy prime minister. It’s a lot worse for a lot of people.

Joyce: I know. I know. For some people ... And, yeah, and for some people it can kill you. I am not putting aside the seriousness of it for some people.

But, you know, why do I say that? I say that so we don’t have this sort of complete panic because it’s – I’d be worried if the flu breaks out because a lot of people haven’t had the flu for a couple of years. We haven’t been in touch with it. And, you know, that will have a serious effect as well but we can’t shut down the country over that and we’ve got to move on.
With rapid antigen tests, we are bringing in tens of millions of these rapid antigen tests.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
I stopped going out to eat or drink between Christmas and New Year and now only run in to Coles for food twice a week and a bottle shop on Saturday.
Pretty much doing the same.

Only time I go out is to get a kebab now and then.

InfiniteBoredom

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...-say-omicron-wave-more-damaging-than-lockdown

Meanwhile in the real world with real people.

The country is shutting itself down
Yep, my workplace is a bit better off as we provide catering service to a few sport teams, but foot traffic for the cafe side is absolutely horrendous and we’ve been stood up by 3 trials already this week. The last 18 months outside of lockdown the kitchen were run by just 3 people and none of us could ever take a sick day because that would mean fecking over the others.

The business managed to recovered to 70% of the income level pre-Covid last December, but now it’s as bad as it’s ever been and now the owner is contemplating closing down the cafe and only do catering, which would feck over most of the FOH staffs. It’s pretty fecking grim atm.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
  8. Repeat process 1-7
I think this is missing point 3.5, where Scotty goes on holiday just when the issue-turned-crisis starts to reach its peak.