Gaming Street Fighter 6

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Couldn't find a thread. Releases friday and 9.2 on Metacritic. Time for the caf to cave each other's heads in.

Who's getting it?!

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Street Fighter 6 is as good a Street Fighter game as I could hope for. I've already put about 50 hours into it, and I can see it lasting me years. With the story done and dusted I am now free to grind in ranked, sweating through match after match after match until... damn, where did the time go? This is a Street Fighter with more than a modern control scheme - it is a modern take on the genre. It is welcoming, accessible and progressive. It is social, silly and spectacular. And it is very special indeed.

Eric_the_Red99

Might dabble, but simply don't have the time nor patience I used to have for trying to master these anymore
Fighting games used to be among the very easiest games to get the hang of, albeit still taking a while to truly master.

But nowadays it seems you have to devote hours and hours of gameplay simply to understand the basic game mechanics, which are multiplying with each iteration. So now you just have the options of basically random button mashing, or taking a three year online course to understand the latest Street Fighter game.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Fighting games used to be among the very easiest games to get the hang of, albeit still taking a while to truly master.

But nowadays it seems you have to devote hours and hours of gameplay simply to understand the basic game mechanics, which are multiplying with each iteration. So now you just have the options of basically random button mashing, or taking a three year online course to understand the latest Street Fighter game.
This time it has a huge single player part and very comprehensive and fun training stuff though.

Obviously they won't make you pro, but who cares.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
So good to see this getting stellar reviews. One of the most iconic series in gaming.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I really wish I was good at fighting games. You just need to put so much time and effort in to get good at them. I've been watching reviews and gameplay footage, and it looks awesome. It actually makes me wanna buy it. Then I remember I absolutely suck at them!

amolbhatia50k

Btw how good are Capcom these days?

RE4 remake
RE7 :drool:
RE2 remake
SF6
DMC5
Monster Hunter

All in the space of the last 5 or so years

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I’m tempted.
I’ve been watching a lot of the MK tournaments lately and got the urge to pick up a fighting game.

Is this crossplay? As I’d be on the PC

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
After a certain age I just can't find pleasure playing fighting games, 1-2 hours max is the most I'd go with this types of games.

I bought Injustice 2 and barely spent 15 minutes playing it. So I'll probably just see the gameplay from Youtube and that's that.

I'm a solo player, it might be fun if you have mates to play with.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.

I competed in tournies for 2,3 and some of 4, and yes they definitely took a lot to master even without the endless combos and specials you get these days. I must say I did prefer the old school of making your own combos from nothing though, but they couldn't keep it that way.

I'm glad to see this one smashing the reviews, from the moment I first played 1 in an old arcade to paying £125 for an import of 2turbo on Snes and the various versions since, I've loved SF.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I play my 8 year old daughter at SF5, so we are looking forward to 6. She’s just started beating me on a semi regular basis, making me feel incredibly old in the process.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604

That's basically every game these days.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
After a certain age I just can't find pleasure playing fighting games, 1-2 hours max is the most I'd go with this types of games.

I bought Injustice 2 and barely spent 15 minutes playing it. So I'll probably just see the gameplay from Youtube and that's that.

I'm a solo player, it might be fun if you have mates to play with.
It has a 20 hour Yakuza like story mode for single player.

Though if you don't really like fighting games, I imagine it's not very interesting.

amolbhatia50k

It has a 20 hour Yakuza like story mode for single player.

Though if you don't really like fighting games, I imagine it's not very interesting.
Excellent then. For a long time I’ve felt that Yakuza is the formula fighting games need to go in focusing on for solo gamers.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I'm really sad. I only have switch but my bread and butter was Street Fighter and Tekken.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I competed in tournies for 2,3 and some of 4, and yes they definitely took a lot to master even without the endless combos and specials you get these days. I must say I did prefer the old school of making your own combos from nothing though, but they couldn't keep it that way.

I'm glad to see this one smashing the reviews, from the moment I first played 1 in an old arcade to paying £125 for an import of 2turbo on Snes and the various versions since, I've loved SF.
No way, me too! I learned the frame data and smashed everyone in my town then came up against nerds that knew it in depth on international tournaments and that was my peak. Miss those days!

Third Strike was my favourite Street Fighter game!

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord

Playing Street fighter 2 in the local Arcade are some of my best childhood memories. I'm not as good as I used to be either. No time to study the frame data and practice enough to consistently land everything.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
No way, me too! I learned the frame data and smashed everyone in my town then came up against nerds that knew it in depth on international tournaments and that was my peak. Miss those days!

Third Strike was my favourite Street Fighter game!
Yeah, locals compared to nationals was a leap and a half. I did once finish 3rd at the Trocadero, the only non-Japanese player anywhere near the top 10

Playing Street fighter 2 in the local Arcade are some of my best childhood memories. I'm not as good as I used to be either. No time to study the frame data and practice enough to consistently land everything.
Those were definitely the days. I used to love holding court in my local sweet shop and letting people pick my character and betting for Mars bars.

Of course loads would pick Zangief. Huge mistake :lol:

Andy_Cole

I play my 8 year old daughter at SF5, so we are looking forward to 6. She’s just started beating me on a semi regular basis, making me feel incredibly old in the process.
My now 5 year old loves street fighter 5. We’re both really excited for 6.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
My now 5 year old loves street fighter 5. We’re both really excited for 6.
That game is PG 12 you maniac. I have reported you to the authorities.

I had my 3 year old play Zelda, but he is infuriatingly bad at it, so I turned it off.

Andy_Cole

That game is PG 12 you maniac. I have reported you to the authorities.

I had my 3 year old play Zelda, but he is infuriatingly bad at it, so I turned it off.
Haha yeh I figured I was playing SF2 at that age and I turned out okayish.