Striker options?

Not developing as quickly as the initial promise suggested imo.
Which means United could possibly get him for a lower fee, albeit it’d still be a lot and that’s the issue. How much can the club realistically spend this summer?

Like Hojlund he is still a project. We need a ready made striker.
He’s far more rounded than Rasmus, at £45m he’s going to go down as one of the signing of the seasons, nothing changed Sir Jim is flirting with the fans but in reality, he’s trying to force the Glazers to give him more share percentage for more investment and to be fair you can’t blame him, the Glazers have made this club a complete laughing stock on and off the field. We should have done this deal but clearly the club has no cash?

Toney seems to be the only option that fits our reported criteria of being English, PL proven and in the last year of contract.

Can't see it unless there is no truth in that Ratcliffe thing about signing no players over 25

Joshua Zirkzee would be the prototypical false number 9 in ETH system, if he is still the manager.

Joshua Zirkzee would be the prototypical false number 9 in ETH system, if he is still the manager.

So would Sancho except for their fight.

I think Zirkzee looks better being managed by Motta than he actually is.

If Motta came here and played Sancho as a False 9 there would be no need for a forward like Zirkzee IMO.

I like Cunha. He’s going to cost bit expensive for transfer fees but he probably won’t ask high wages as his current wages is only around 60k and O’Neil already stated that wolves will need to sell before they can buy some players, which means wolves will be open to sell Cunha.

He meets the profile we need. Still 25 years old and already proven PL, Aggressive striker, versatile forward, offers high press, and has skill and technique to play in possession based team. He offers something different to Hojlund and his versatility as forward allows him to play alongside Hojlund when required.

He’s far more rounded than Rasmus, at £45m he’s going to go down as one of the signing of the seasons, nothing changed Sir Jim is flirting with the fans but in reality, he’s trying to force the Glazers to give him more share percentage for more investment and to be fair you can’t blame him, the Glazers have made this club a complete laughing stock on and off the field. We should have done this deal but clearly the club has no cash?

Lot of assumption there.

What about Calvert-Lewin?

Got 1 year left on his contract. 27 years old. Homegrown.

I like Cunha. He’s going to cost bit expensive for transfer fees but he probably won’t ask high wages as his current wages is only around 60k and O’Neil already stated that wolves will need to sell before they can buy some players, which means wolves will be open to sell Cunha.

He meets the profile we need. Still 25 years old and already proven PL, Aggressive striker, versatile forward, offers high press, and has skill and technique to play in possession based team. He offers something different to Hojlund and his versatility as forward allows him to play alongside Hojlund when required.

Yeah we would need to show negotiation skills IF there is actually any concrete interest of course

I'm sure he's already been mentioned, but Jonathan David looks like a smart buy. He's in the last year of his contract, has just come off a 26-goal season, and can play off the striker as well as up top. Roma are heavily linked with him, so Lille can't possibly be expecting that big a fee for him.

The guy is crap every time I happen to watch him though, so I'd probably have to switch off every time he was on the pitch.

There is a Belgian striker at RB Leipzig called Lois Openda who we have previously been linked with who might be a good option, he is 24 and scored 24 in 34 league apps this season, he has a release clause of around €70m but it isnt valid until next summer.

Sesko Sesko Sesko.

He will improve Arsenal massively if they can get him.

Hopefully they go for over priced Osimhen and we can nick Sesko.

Sesko Sesko Sesko.

He will improve Arsenal massively if they can get him.

Hopefully they go for over priced Osimhen and we can nick Sesko.
Bothers me that Arsenal's business is so good and we aren't even going in for these players.

People will say Rice was overpriced, but he was affordable if United hadn't blown money needlessly on Mount. And he was as close to a sure thing as you can get.

I've never known it to get to June with absolutely no strong indication on who we'll be signing too. Hopefully we have some tricks up our sleeve

Yes we always seem to target the wrong players, like Branthwaite or Olise. We first need to sort the RCB, DM, CF and LB positions before we buy a backup LCB or a RW (first sell Greenwood and Sancho before we get another). Sesko for 55m would be great as he would normally cost more than 80m.

Can't finish for toffee though... is he more of an attacking midfielder? Or CF at least?

At that age, Zirkee is straight up competition. Not back up. I see no issue with fierce competition for the starting cf berth personally. Once upon a time we had 4 men fighting 4 two starting slots.

The only thing I'm against is signing an experienced player who is better than Rasmus. That would ensure Rasmus never plays.
Normally I would think that fierce competition is good for the squad and that professional sports is a tough business so if Rasmus loses his place to someone experienced, then so be it. Its up to him to fight and earn it back. But..... I really like Rasmus for some reason and really want him to succeed here, so I worry about stunting his development!

Basically after some reflection my thoughts are determined by how much I like the player. If its Rasmus, then lets please be careful about his development and not signing someone that will hijack that. If its someone I don't necessarily like or think is very good, then I believe in cut-throat competition and no mercy given if someone loses their spot to a new signing.

To that striker end, I think Sesko is brilliant and could be a monster for Arsenal, but I also think he would ensure that Rasmus gets relegated to a backup role. Same thing for Rodrigo Muniz at Fulham. I think he is excellent and could certainly step in here and claim the starting spot as a number 9.

So maybe the swap deal of Greenwood for Joao Felix is the way to go. Joao Felix can play a Rashford-ish role of attacking wide player, with the ability to be a number 9 or false 9 if needed.

Sorloth had a good season in La Liga. Near top scorer for Villareal (All his goals came from open play, whereas the top scorer had a good number of pens to add to his tally). 4 goals gainst Real Madrid

If this is accurate then we should be in with an offer for that young Brazilian CM they have. Or that attacking LB that can run all day, who's name escapes me.

If this is accurate then we should be in with an offer for that young Brazilian CM they have. Or that attacking LB that can run all day, who's name escapes me.

Ait-Nouri. I really like him too, but it's notable that O'Neil only plays him when they go 5 at the back. When they play a 4, Toti is moved to fullback and Ait-Nouri goes to the bench. I wonder if that would be a problem for us - maybe not; maybe we can get away with having a fullback that attacking in a way Wolves can't?

João Gomes looks like a straight up ball winner. I'm not sure he would offer us enough in possession.