Striker options?

Well we can't because we don't have the money for either of them.
Wasn't talking about this winter, also he's currently injured. More for the summer when we sold some players and with Martial gone.

This. Remember how hard some members were on Goncalo Ramos and Kolo Muani and both haven't impressed at PSG yet. The CF market is so dire atm. I'd count Osimhen to the top 3 though.
I have no idea why it hasn't worked out well for him at PSG, but just because it hasn't doesn't necessarily mean that he is a bad player or that he would have failed here.

I still think he is a good striker and would love if we could take advantage of their impatience. But, we probably won't of course.

Should we perhaps be looking at Benjamin Šeško again who apparently has a £43m release clause?
I didn't watch but I read a quick writeup about his game yesterday and they said he played really well and was tormenting the CBs. He's another one I would love to be in a United shirt.

I didn't watch but I read a quick writeup about his game yesterday and they said he played really well and was tormenting the CBs. He's another one I would love to be in a United shirt.

Apparently Utd had scouts watching him last Saturday.

Last edited:
Apparently Utd had scouts watching him yesterday
That would be peak United, having the scouts arrive to watch him the day after the match :lol:

But seriously, I don't feel like he showed anything suggesting he is ready for the next step. I mean, he is not even a clear starter for Leipzig (though that might change considering he started the last two matches).

I have no idea why it hasn't worked out well for him at PSG, but just because it hasn't doesn't necessarily mean that he is a bad player or that he would have failed here.

I still think he is a good striker and would love if we could take advantage of their impatience. But, we probably won't of course.
Isn't he a bit like Lukaku? Good physique, good shot and fast, but very bad on the ball?

Has anyone followed Girona? What type of forward is Artem Dobvyk? Seems to be a main factor for their success this season and his camp should have a great relationship with Berrada (and City obviously don't need him).
He's having a monster season. Girona might just be the perfect match for him. Might be a late bloomer, but I would like to see him do this at the top level for more than 6 months before jumping on him.
He spent three seasons in his early 20's not making it in Denmark....

Brobbey is a big no, and would be the final nail in the coffin for ETH if he actually goes for him.

He's having a monster season. Girona might just be the perfect match for him. Might be a late bloomer, but I would like to see him do this at the top level for more than 6 months before jumping on him.
He spent three seasons in his early 20's not making it in Denmark....
Yea he's not for sale now anyway. Would be an interesting player to keep track on. He seems to have everything a good CF needs.

Any new striker coming in, will have to complement Hojlund. Adding a second young learning CF might not be the best way to go for the balance of the squad.

But I guess it depends on the individual player more so than the age.

For example would a Hojlund and Sesko partnership work? I've never watched Sesko for 90 minutes so I have no idea.

Isn't he a bit like Lukaku? Good physique, good shot and fast, but very bad on the ball?
I refuse to believe that the few highlight comps that I've watched would mislead me, but he seems to have quick feet in what I've seen. In fact one of the first highlight comp I saw was him against Liverpool in a preseason friendly I think last year and he had a few moments of twinkle-toed magic.

In all honesty I have no idea if he is or not. But who cares!! Have you seen that left footed volley against Sweden? Its incredible! Sign him up just for that and bring back Wayne to try to recreate the RVP Villa goal.

Any new striker coming in, will have to complement Hojlund. Adding a second young learning CF might not be the best way to go for the balance of the squad.

But I guess it depends on the individual player more so than the age.

For example would a Hojlund and Sesko partnership work? I've never watched Sesko for 90 minutes so I have no idea.
I don't think we need to worry about a striker partnership since almost every club plays with one up top. The old 4-4-2 days are over!

Which makes me think that maybe the type we should look to bring in is more of a striker/winger hybrid. I am thinking someone like Gabriel Jesus who can lead the line, as shown at Arsenal, but can also be devastating from the wing, as he was at City.

So, ETH, its pretty straightforward: sign someone like Gabriel Jesus, only better. And it better be for less than 90M or we will all hate him from the off.

I refuse to believe that the few highlight comps that I've watched would mislead me, but he seems to have quick feet in what I've seen. In fact one of the first highlight comp I saw was him against Liverpool in a preseason friendly I think last year and he had a few moments of twinkle-toed magic.

In all honesty I have no idea if he is or not. But who cares!! Have you seen that left footed volley against Sweden? Its incredible! Sign him up just for that and bring back Wayne to try to recreate the RVP Villa goal.
I'm pretty sure there's a legit reason why Goncalo Ramos hasn't impressed at PSG so far. A great goal doesn't say much. I'm still not so convinced of him tbh based on the games I have watched.

We should let the new board figure out the best CF target once we have our DoF.

Ohsimen said he's made his decision. Looks like it's the Premier League so see whose got him.

A young striker we should be monitoring is George Ilenikhena. Quick, athletic and skilfull, scoring at a good goals/mins ratio for Royal Antwerp. I don't think Hugill will make it with us in the long term and there doesn't seem to be any outstanding no 9 prospects coming up in the Academy. We could buy him and let him stay at Antwerp for another year or loan him to Nice, where he can continue to get game time. He can come in and provide the Mathys Tel role for us, giving us a spark from the bench. If we buy him, we can then bring in a older striker like Mehdi Taremi who will serve us for a year or two and then back up Hojlund until we're ready to bring in Ilenikhena and give him some minutes.

If Sesko indeed has a release clause at ~€40m I’d probably go with him.

I like Toney as a player, but on character I’d rather not, especially after the last couple of years’ soap opera.

Whilst I could see Fergie doing it, I personally wouldn’t throw 100+ million on Osimhen at this point and aside from those there’s not alot of compelling options out there.

Sesko and Højlund can fight it out and develop as we rebuild the rest of the team from the ground up, and if they don’t make it they should still have som resale value when the time comes.

A young striker we should be monitoring is George Ilenikhena. Quick, athletic and skilfull, scoring at a good goals/mins ratio for Royal Antwerp. I don't think Hugill will make it with us in the long term and there doesn't seem to be any outstanding no 9 prospects coming up in the Academy. We could buy him and let him stay at Antwerp for another year or loan him to Nice, where he can continue to get game time. He can come in and provide the Mathys Tel role for us, giving us a spark from the bench. If we buy him, we can then bring in a older striker like Mehdi Taremi who will serve us for a year or two and then back up Hojlund until we're ready to bring in Ilenikhena and give him some minutes.
Ilenikhena looks like the next big thing. We should be monitoring him as close as possible and if possible get his signature before he really blows up.
His stats are phenomenal. Great movement, can finish, physical....a 17 year old who manages to get 0,84 non penalty xG/90.....and outscores it in a top10 league. 10 goals in 640 minutes including a CL goal against Barca. An extremely rare thing.
Would be interesting to see if he could share minutes and do a job for us already.

There is no need to get in more old stop gaps. Taremi found his level and already looks past it. He will only cost money for nothing.

Last edited:
Ilenikhena looks like the next big thing. We should be monitoring him as close as possible and if possible get his signature before he really blows up.
His stats are phenomenal. Great movement, can finish, physical....a 17 year old who manages to get 0,84 non penalty xG/90.....and outscores it in a top10 league. 10 goals in 640 minutes including a CL goal against Barca. An extremely rare thing.
Would be interesting to see if he could share minutes and do a job for us already.

There is no need to get in more old stop gaps. Taremi found his level and already looks past it. He will only cost money for nothing.

I agree that we should be avoiding old stop gaps but we probably need someone inbetween Hojlund and Ilenikhena for at least a year or two. Taremi could do a job but it could also be someone else. Agreed with you on Ilenikhena, he is showing elite movement and anticipation in the box. Really like him. I think he could very well come in and share minutes plus I think he's also a United fan. My only thing is that he probably needs more minutes than we can provide at this stage, that's why I think another year at Antwerp or Nice would be good for his development. Hojlund also needs minutes to get sharper and more in tune with the rest of the team, we still need to invest in him considering how much we spent on him and his age. Antwerp seem to have a good scouting network as they have a couple of gems in their team, including Mandela Keita and Arthur Vermeeren (someone I also think we should be targetting but looks like he's heading to Atletico).

Hard to believe we're looking at the next 3 months with just one striker. We will have no plan b other than shifting rashford up top

Hard to believe we're looking at the next 3 months with just one striker. We will have no plan b other than shifting rashford up top

That's why I feel we need someone just to give us another striker option until May

I see my man Gift Orban has got a move to Lyon for 12M euros, may have been worth a punt but he went off the boil I think at Gent after an amazing start.

damn.. In this case I would rotate Rashford with Hojlund and keep Amad to use him as a RW more often. McT or Bruno as a false 9 would be idiotic.

Never expected to sign anyone in January, at least we should be able to get through the remainder of the szn with Hojlund or Rashford up front since it's 1 game a week.

We arnt signing anyone this window

Wish they'd feck this financial fair play thing off now, City are miles ahead anyway and created enough commercial revenue to go with their prize money to keep their allowed spend miles ahead now.

How are you supposed to compete if you can't buy players during the windows.

In a serious note I agree fully on your assessment regard Ferguson. Unfortunately I cannot see us spend 120m on a young striker
Neither can i, especially under INEOS. And rightly so, we shouldn’t need to spend 100m on a player. We need to identify them quicker or come up with payment plans that work.

Neither can i, especially under INEOS. And rightly so, we shouldn’t need to spend 100m on a player. We need to identify them quicker or come up with payment plans that work.

FFP seems to be real so I very much doubt that we could have signed the guy irrespective of ownership. I am gutted that we lost on gift orban. At 12m euros he was quite a steal

We can't spend some 60m on a striker. I think that Santiago Giménez would be an interesting prospect.He's quite technically gifted, a hardworker and he's got a very good eye for goal

Just found out that Dovbyk reportedly has a release clause set at £26.5m. I could imagine that Omar Berrada could try get him next summer.

With a bit of luck we can probably get by until the summer with Hojlund and Rashford. It's not ideal though.