Striker options?

croadyman

Yeah he would have been a great signing for Spurs. Can cover for Maddison’s creativity when he’s out, cover Kulu on the right as well as a central striker dropping a bit deeper.

Instead they got Werner, good luck to them.
Maybe they will revisit later in window

croadyman

Underrated post

I’d really fancy a player in his prime and not with a super high profile, but rather strong work ethic and experience in the league. Solanke fits the bill, so does Toney.
Solanke certainly more affordable

RedRocket9908

Moise Kean is apparently joining Atletico on loan, we should be looking for deals like this instead of focusing on 36 year olds.

Von Mistelroum

Looking for a striker to play in a team where there's no service from elsewhere seems a little pointless.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Bundislga or Ligue 1 experts thoughts on Lois Openda ?
Quite good young striker, really hit the ground running this season after his move to Leipzig. His impact is the reason they send Timo Werner on loan, so already has won the "better than a Chelsea striker" award.

Considering that he was just bought in the summer for almost 40m€ and signed a five year contract, he would be pretty expensive at the moment. Wouldn't be surprised if Leipzig would ask for a similar price than Frankfurt did for Kolo Muani last summer.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

May think that ship has sailed now we have Hojlund, but maybe we go back in for him this summer?

daba

May think that ship has sailed now we have Hojlund, but maybe we go back in for him this summer?
Not sure he’s even been that good at Leipzig has he?

Could maybe see Chelsea or Arsenal going for him though at that price.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Not sure he’s even been that good at Leipzig has he?
His numbers and performances are actually decent (a goal or assist about every 100 minutes is absolutely fine for a young striker I think). Problem is that he is only third choice and got only about 700 minutes so far. Openda is just the better striker, and Poulsen is kind of a club legend and their captain, so it's not easy for him to get starts. At least he was ahead of Timo Werner in the pecking order which is why Werner now is on loan.

Rojofiam

Similar profile to Hojlund, just way less talented.

I wouldn't say no to a loan, but Ajax won't have any reasons to agree to that. He's their top scorer and one of the first names on the team sheet.

Would surely be better than Martial, though.

BuzzKillington

Similar profile to Hojlund, just way less talented.

I wouldn't say no to a loan, but Ajax won't have any reasons to agree to that. He's their top scorer and one of the first names on the team sheet.

Would surely be better than Martial, though.
How about if we offer them our entire summer transfer budget for him? That feels pretty on brand for EtH.

Rojofiam

How about if we offer them our entire summer transfer budget for him? That feels pretty on brand for EtH.
I don't think that will happen under our new owners. But it's not like ETH makes the call on the transfer fees either.

niima

Supports
United
If the rumors are true, ETH should be investigated of a secret contract with Ajax.

Oranges038

He is a better option than a 36 year old that failed at Stoke
Is he really? Neither of them are anywhere near good enough. I have no idea how they are they anywhere near top clubs, it just shows there's a real lack of semi decent strikers knocking around at the minute.

aeh1991

We could try getting Victor Boniface. Looks like a player who could succeed in the EPL (or anywhere): fast, tall, strong, clinical, good link-up play. Much younger than Toney too for a similar or even lower price.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Brobbey makes sense. He’s a ten Hag player, they know each other and it would be a big statement of intent in supporting our manager. He had managed him before too so knows very well what to expect.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Brobbey makes sense. He’s a ten Hag player, they know each other and it would be a big statement of intent in supporting our manager. He had managed him before too so knows very well what to expect.
If I didn't knew what you really think I would now rip into you for how stupid this take is, well done :lol:

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Daylight brobbery

OleGunnar20

What about that fella af Frankfurt who was doing well & had a £17m release clause? Surely we could find that down the back of a couch?

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
What about that fella af Frankfurt who was doing well & had a £17m release clause? Surely we could find that down the back of a couch?
I believe you might be talking about Stuttgart's Guirassy? The release clause value would fit him... what happened is that his release clause expired for this winter and that he has confirmed that he has no intention to leave.

Frankfurt are actually still trying to get a new striker for themselves after selling Kolo Muani to PSG in the summer.

Zed 101

Until we have a set up and system that supports a striker then it doesn't really matter who we play as a number 9, yeah ok we would probably be scoring more with Kane but then it's Kane and he plays much deeper than a 9 so we would effectively be playing without an out and out striker, and a player like Kane would either be in the same space occupied by Bruno and which ever other 10 ETH plays, McT or Mount for instance, or he would be behind them.

The problem is the system, Rasmus is plenty capable of scoring but he is living on scraps, until that changes there is no point talking about a striker, to play with or instead of him

OleGunnar20

I believe you might be talking about Stuttgart's Guirassy? The release clause value would fit him... what happened is that his release clause expired for this winter and that he has confirmed that he has no intention to leave.

Frankfurt are actually still trying to get a new striker for themselves after selling Kolo Muani to PSG in the summer.
That's the one, thanks for the info. I guess that's him chalked off the list.

aeh1991

Has anyone followed Girona? What type of forward is Artem Dobvyk? Seems to be a main factor for their success this season and his camp should have a great relationship with Berrada (and City obviously don't need him).

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
We could try getting Victor Boniface. Looks like a player who could succeed in the EPL (or anywhere): fast, tall, strong, clinical, good link-up play. Much younger than Toney too for a similar or even lower price.
Well we can't because we don't have the money for either of them.