Striker options?

daba

Why isn’t Moratas name mentioned at all?
He’s doing pretty well for Athleti I think. Don’t think they’d want to loan him out and to buy him (even in summer) would probably require a figure we’d be unwilling to pay for player of his age (I hope).

DJBillRemfry

Supports
West Ham United
Arnautovic was another Ten Hag target.
The Arnie we sold to China was a fantastic player. The thought of him with Kudus, Bowen and Paqueta playing alongside him.....sweet dreams.

Still, I am surprised that Isak's name hasn't been mentioned. As an outsider, he seems to solve most of the #9 problems that Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea have.

If Newcastle don't make the Champions League, that could get very awkward for the Toon.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
The Arnie we sold to China was a fantastic player. The thought of him with Kudus, Bowen and Paqueta playing alongside him.....sweet dreams.

Still, I am surprised that Isak's name hasn't been mentioned. As an outsider, he seems to solve most of the #9 problems that Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea have.

If Newcastle don't make the Champions League, that could get very awkward for the Toon.
Bit hard to buy from an oil club though isn’t it?

DJBillRemfry

Supports
West Ham United
Might find themselves in a slightly awkward situation if they finish 8th or 9th, and the player fancies a crack at the league or Champions League.

SAF is the GOAT

Genuine question: What are our future options in #9 considering we want an established player that won't cost more than half of our budget and considering we need bunch of players in different positions?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Genuine question: What are our future options in #9 considering we want an established player that won't cost more than half of our budget and considering we need bunch of players in different positions?
A large budget and Osimhen

davidmichael

I’d love Isak at United and I think he’s very underrated as an all round striker and seems hungry to improve,
he has pretty much everything in his game and is probably still a few years away from his prime years.

Whether we could get him though is another matter as I’d imagine Newcastle would be difficult to deal with even if they don’t get a top four spot seeing as they have long term ambitions on being a consistent trophy winning club.

gajender

How much would Solanke cost? Been impressed with him this season.
60 m minimum I believe , English relative big money signing for Bournemouth approaching his Prime and contract till 2027 I think United would be priced out of the move unfortunately .

Remember the geese

Shocking state of affairs, but Kane and Haaland are the only two genuine top quality centre forwards in world football. So your options are paying a pretty penny for an established 'B Rate' striker or once again investing in potential.

aeh1991

Shocking state of affairs, but Kane and Haaland are the only two genuine top quality centre forwards in world football. So your options are paying a pretty penny for an established 'B Rate' striker or once again investing in potential.
This. Remember how hard some members were on Goncalo Ramos and Kolo Muani and both haven't impressed at PSG yet. The CF market is so dire atm. I'd count Osimhen to the top 3 though.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
We should have signed Isak before Newcastle got him. Was and is a top ST

Remember the geese

This. Remember how hard some members were on Goncalo Ramos and Kolo Muani and both haven't impressed at PSG yet. The CF market is so dire atm. I'd count Osimhen to the top 3 though.
As good a player as he is, I don't consider Osimhen to be on the level of Haaland or Kane. It would require good scouting, but I'd probably rather we take a chance on another young player to provide competition for Højlund, as opposed to paying an eye-watering sum for a good, but not great centre forward. Spending top money on a player who is less than top quality is just depressing.

aeh1991

As good a player as he is, I don't consider Osimhen to be on the level of Haaland or Kane. It would require good scouting, but I'd probably rather we take a chance on another young player to provide competition for Højlund, as opposed to paying an eye-watering sum for a good, but not great centre forward. Spending top money on a player who is less than top quality is just depressing.
I agree that Osimhen isn't on the level of those two yet, but he's still top class and currently the third best no.9 in my opinion (considering Benzema and Lewandowski are past their primes, while I wouldn't count Griezmann or Mbappe as classic strikers).

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
How good is Giminez from Feyenoord? Can't say I have watched him but his goal record is interesting

Remember the geese

I agree that Osimhen isn't on the level of those two yet, but he's still top class and currently the third best no.9 in my opinion (considering Benzema and Lewandowski are past their primes, while I wouldn't count Griezmann or Mbappe as classic strikers).
In that case we are saying pay the £112m for Osimhen? I just don't want to see a situation where we find ourselves paying £80m+ for the likes of Watkins or Toney.

Laurencio

Lautaro Martinez remains the forgotten man. 18 goals in 18 matches compared to Osimhen's 7 in 13. Better on the ball, better defensively, better dribbler, better creator. 26 years old, seasoned international, and could easily play with Hojlund in a two man forward line. Yet no one remembers he exists.

luke511

Lautaro Martinez remains the forgotten man. 18 goals in 18 matches compared to Osimhen's 7 in 13. Better on the ball, better defensively, better dribbler, better creator. 26 years old, seasoned international, and could easily play with Hojlund in a two man forward line. Yet no one remembers he exists.
He was a bit of a donkey for Argentina in the World Cup, probably why no one rates him.

Woziak

Might find themselves in a slightly awkward situation if they finish 8th or 9th, and the player fancies a crack at the league or Champions League.
Then he’s definitely not coming to us we should seriously look at D Solanki, Bournemouth might be nervously looking at FSP and a deal for £45-55m is a serious option, he’s 26 and maturing.

croadyman

Then he’s definitely not coming to us we should seriously look at D Solanki, Bournemouth might be nervously looking at FSP and a deal for £45-55m is a serious option, he’s 26 and maturing.
Take it you mean in the summer

daba

Why would he ?
He’d be perfect for Spurs or Chelsea right now.
Yeah he would have been a great signing for Spurs. Can cover for Maddison’s creativity when he’s out, cover Kulu on the right as well as a central striker dropping a bit deeper.

Instead they got Werner, good luck to them.

AjaxNL

Brian Brobbey is developing really well this season (in an extremely poor Ajax). Quick, powerful, good link-up. His finishing is very iffy though, although the last month have been a vast improvement compared to earlier this season. If he keeps this up, he will be at a topclub in a few years time.

aeh1991

Brian Brobbey is developing really well this season (in an extremely poor Ajax). Quick, powerful, good link-up. His finishing is very iffy though, although the last month have been a vast improvement compared to earlier this season. If he keeps this up, he will be at a topclub in a few years time.
We should start considering "Ajax" and "Eredivisie" red flags.