Sturridge a free agent

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
According to an article on Skysports this morning.

Must not be liking life in Turkey.

So he's a free agent now.
Cheeky offer?:nervous:

Spaghetti

Mom's
According to an article on Skysports this morning.

Must not be liking life in Turkey.

So he's a free agent now.
Cheeky offer?:nervous:
He can only sign for teams in countries which have their transfer window open.

In a nutshell, he’s going to China or Inter Miami.

krautrøck

Supports
FC Bayer 05 Uerdingen
Agent: "Hey Dan, we have just revcieved a top top offer from INTER Miami"

TsuWave

Would have preferred this to Ighalo but I don’t think we can sign him now anyway

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
he was handy when Bitey McSuarez was with him. He was really good.
He's still only 30.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Did decently well 7 in 13 over there. Shame his body never held up and he lost his most devastating assets. Great player for us when fit which was never.

he was handy when Bitey McSuarez was with him. He was really good.
He's still only 30.
For one season, when the entire back line was busy chasing Bitey McSuarez around the pitch instead of worrying about where he was going to take his 40 yard pot shots from. One of the most overrated players I've seen in the last decade.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
It must be devastating to be a 24/25 year old footballer (As he was in 2014/15) and realise that after your best ever season in football you realise your body is broken. He could've been a fantastic player for Liverpool and would probably still be there now. Great player but he lost his best attributes with the injuries.

DVG7

It must be devastating to be a 24/25 year old footballer (As he was in 2014/15) and realise that after your best ever season in football you realise your body is broken. He could've been a fantastic player for Liverpool and would probably still be there now. Great player but he lost his best attributes with the injuries.
didn’t Gerrard say in his book that Sturridge basically feigned injury quite often?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
didn’t Gerrard say in his book that Sturridge basically feigned injury quite often?
I think that the injuries clearly impacted Sturridge mentally which it probably can do to some players. I think Gerrard said that someone like Suarez would play through injury and in terms of Sturridge he woudn't. Personally think he's a bit of a cock for saying that as he doesn't know what Sturridge is thinking or his body is like, only Sturridge does. I know if I had a few bad injuries and I was out after having a great season I'd feel a bit down and struggle too.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
What a thoroughly below average career for someone so talented, that played for City, Liverpool and Chelsea.

Don’t know anything about his character and application, but he really could have been a player.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I think that the injuries clearly impacted Sturridge mentally which it probably can do to some players. I think Gerrard said that someone like Suarez would play through injury and in terms of Sturridge he woudn't. Personally think he's a bit of a cock for saying that as he doesn't know what Sturridge is thinking or his body is like, only Sturridge does. I know if I had a few bad injuries and I was out after having a great season I'd feel a bit down and struggle too.
Really feels like some players can get the wrong manager and team at the wrong time.

Not drawing a comparison with Ruud in terms of talent, but the way that PSV, United, and Fergie managed that situation after a potentially career destroying injury, is a case study in how to get it right. At no point were we guaranteed that he’d come right, but the way all parties have spoken about it, feels like every single person was invested in what was best for him, every step of the way.

Maybe that was down to Ruud. Maybe he got lucky. But so few players seem to get that perfect storm of support.

TsuWave

I stated my opinion, which it is that i disagree with you. That's all. I thought that's what people do in forums.
I said “would have preferred this to Ighalo”. That is not a disagreeable statement. Hence my confusion with your reply.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Really feels like some players can get the wrong manager and team at the wrong time.

Not drawing a comparison with Ruud in terms of talent, but the way that PSV, United, and Fergie managed that situation after a potentially career destroying injury, is a case study in how to get it right. At no point were we guaranteed that he’d come right, but the way all parties have spoken about it, feels like every single person was invested in what was best for him, every step of the way.

Maybe that was down to Ruud. Maybe he got lucky. But so few players seem to get that perfect storm of support.
I always forget about that. Testament to the amazing job that everyone did in that scenario. Also amazing that Ruud was that good after a serious injury like that.

Are there any Dutch football watchers here from that era? Was he the same player after or did it change his style?

stepic

‘In a video posted on Instagram, Sturridge said: “I am going to continue to campaign for professional footballers to be able to speak to their families and close friends freely without the real risk of being charged. I feel … the betting companies and the practice of people being able to place bets on players moving clubs has to be stopped.’

:lol:

hey dickhead, no one is stopping you from talking to your family about career decisions. Just make sure they don’t go and fecking bet on it. blaming the betting companies, laughable. They didn’t force his brother to bet based on insider knowledge did they?

‘In a video posted on Instagram, Sturridge said: “I am going to continue to campaign for professional footballers to be able to speak to their families and close friends freely without the real risk of being charged. I feel … the betting companies and the practice of people being able to place bets on players moving clubs has to be stopped.’

hey dickhead, no one is stopping you from talking to your family about career decisions. Just make sure they don’t go and fecking bet on it. blaming the betting companies, laughable. They didn’t force his brother to bet based on insider knowledge did they?
Nar, I agree with him.

Betting on players moving clubs creates an awful scenario, no player can hide everything from their family and nor can they prevent them from doing something stupid with that information. The practice on betting on this should be stopped, it won't though cause $$$$$

Bojan11

Why is he a dickhead?

I assumed he gambled. But now it’s saying he told his family was moving and they were the ones who bet. How can you control that? Maybe his brother had addiction or something? Why is he a dickhead or getting punished for that? Racism gets punished for less, but please don’t piss off these gambling companies.

stepic

Nar, I agree with him.

Betting on players moving clubs creates an awful scenario, no player can hide everything from their family and nor can they prevent them from doing something stupid with that information. The practice on betting on this should be stopped, it won't though cause $$$$$
it's only an awful scenario if your family actually uses the insider information when they clearly shouldn't.

Why is he a dickhead?

I assumed he gambled. But now it’s saying he told his family was moving and they were the ones who bet. How can you control that? Maybe his brother had addiction or something? Why is he a dickhead or getting punished for that? Racism gets punished for less, but please don’t piss off these gambling companies.
if he suspects his family may in any way bet using the information he provided, he shouldn't have confided in them. or he tells them with the strictest confidence not to use the information. it's like any kind of insider trading.

it's not the betting companies fault if his brother went and used insider information to try and make some money. and it ultimately comes back to Sturridge if it was him who provided the information.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
It sucks in your 40s, too. Even when you've never played at a decent level.

UnrelatedPsuedo

Why is he a dickhead?

In all jobs you are responsible for sharing the I formation you have, that could be monetised by a third party.

Just don’t tell people confidential things. I have that responsibility every day.

He’s a moron if he can’t keep his mouth shut around untrustworthy people.

UnrelatedPsuedo

“Please stop me and my friends/family being dickheads because I can’t stop myself”

Irrational.

In all jobs you are responsible for sharing the I formation you have, that could be monetised by a third party.

Just don’t tell people confidential things. I have that responsibility every day.

He’s a moron if he can’t keep his mouth shut around untrustworthy people.
Spot on.

If you suspect any friends or family are going to illegally profit from information you give them and use that information for their own financial gain, here's a tip - keep your trap shut.

Good riddance to that eye bleach celebration too.