g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Suarez bites | "sorry for falling into him and biting him and that"

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Because what he did was extraordinary. It will go down as one of the most shocking moments in WC history. It's now the biggest talking point of the whole tournament, over shadowed the football, which has been excellent from an entertainment point of view. FIFA will not be happy with his actions, the reaction from his coach, captain and his comments after.

On top of that, it's his 3rd biting offence. It really is amazing. Three times he has bit another player.

Like I said earlier, I think FIFA will hammer him. I might be wrong but I have a feeling it will be severe.
Its almost certain that they will. People are naive to think FIFA wont want to punish him severely. The pressure from sponsors will be huge. They are not happy at all.

JulesWinnfield

West Brom Fan
Brazilian media were giving it for granted he may be suspended. They are not making a massive meal of it though.

20 mins should be judged relative to the fact all channels are doing fotball non-stop around the clock. If the caf is anything to go by, Britain is on Suarez round-the-clock with a smattering of what else happened at the World Cup.

Very convenient for Hodgson and his shower of shite display against CR. That's what I find funny. The last thing the Uruguayan media would give two shits about is something from another team, they would be busy with the post mortem, that's all Uruguayans would really care about/consume.

Ever since the handball thing they have been at odds, not surprised.
I'm pretty sure a big controversy at the world cup of a player who can't stop biting people is in fact big news across the world.

You seem to make it a good thing if the media is insular and ignores other events. And are you really trying to make out the media here won't make a big deal of the England team!?

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Uruguay are probably only defensive towards English media because Suarez plays in England and has most of his criticism coming from there, but the issue itself is widely discussed everywhere. Portugal has no relation to Uruguay, Suarez or Liverpool, yet it is a big story in every newspaper's sport section, as well as widely discussed in social media.
It's a big story too here, but people don't seem to be quite as outraged or demand as strong sanctions as I what I see in the British sphere.

Plugsy

What won't go in his favour is what we saw happening at Liverpool happening with Uruguay, that is the manager and players and the player himself coming out and denying, dismissing and trying to deflect blame onto someone else for the incident. I bet the FIFA disciplinary panel won't be too impressed by comments coming out of their camp over the past 15 hours or so.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Brazilian media were giving it for granted he may be suspended. They are not making a massive meal of it though.

20 mins should be judged relative to the fact all channels are doing fotball non-stop around the clock. If the caf is anything to go by, Britain is on Suarez round-the-clock with a smattering of what else happened at the World Cup.

Very convenient for Hodgson and his shower of shite display against CR. That's what I find funny. The last thing the Uruguayan media would give two shits about is something from another team, they would be busy with the post mortem, that's all Uruguayans would really care about/consume.

Ever since the handball thing they have been at odds, not surprised.
Yeah, it's definitely somehow Britain's fault Luis Suarez bit a player in a match between Uruguay and Italy and FIFA are considering a ban.

This is exactly why he thinks he can get away with it, every time.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
What sponsors?
I can't imagine companies associated with Suarez being too happy with his behavior but World Cup sponsors certainly won't care. If anything drawing attention to the competition for whatever reason is going to benefit them, and this has certainly drawn attention in loads.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Actually, a hypocrite's agenda is to ignore the facts...like coming to baseless conclusions
and what are these 'facts' and what are the 'baseless conclusions' in this case? Please elaborate.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
It's a big story too here, but people don't seem to be quite as outraged or demand as strong sanctions as I what I see in the British sphere.
That is true, I doubt we'd see screams of "outrageous" around here if he gets a 5-match international ban or something.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
He already tried to bite Chiellini in the confed cup last year :smirk:

SalfordRed1960

Its almost certain that they will. People are naive to think FIFA wont want to punish him severely. The pressure from sponsors will be huge. They are not happy at all.
Uruguay FA should take action before FIFA. Something that Liverpool and Ajax should have done when it happened when he wore their shirt. It will be surprising what Liverpool's owners now think. You can imagine the negative press coverage next season when Liverpool are on the box with PL or CL.

Best scenario for PL now, is for Barca and Real to drop interest in him, thus his value drops. He gets p*ssed off that the whole world is against him and does a Tevez. Liverpool don't have the dosh to strengthen their team, so no Sanchez ...etc. Lol.

Sarni

What won't go in his favour is what we saw happening at Liverpool happening with Uruguay, that is the manager and players and the player himself coming out and denying, dismissing and trying to deflect blame onto someone else for the incident. I bet the FIFA disciplinary panel won't be too impressed by comments coming out of their camp over the past 15 hours or so.
They are working very hard to become the most hated team in the competition, honestly. Normally I have nothing against Uruguay and without Suarez they might actually be a likeable team, currently there is little about them to like however.

Rudie

Mentary
Where is 'here'? The fact that he's a high profile Liverpool player who has had a high profile biting incident within the English game previously may go some way as to why it's bigger news here than say Palau or somewhere or maybe biting is just more acceptable in other countries (like racism seems to be).

Last edited:

Thomas#7

If FIFA are not prepared to hand him a severe punishment then they should at least force him to seek psychiatric help. Otherwise he'll just do it again and again.

The guy is fecked in the head.

Sarni

Uruguay FA should take action before FIFA. Something that Liverpool and Ajax should have done when it happened when he wore their shirt. It will be surprising what Liverpool's owners now think. You can imagine the negative press coverage next season when Liverpool are on the box with PL or CL.

Best scenario for PL now, is for Barca and Real to drop interest in him, thus his value drops. He gets p*ssed off that the whole world is against him and does a Tevez. Liverpool don't have the dosh to strengthen their team, so no Sanchez ...etc. Lol.
This will put a lot of attention to deal with on Liverpool and Suarez in the coming months. His bites on Bakkal and Ivanovic might have fell under the radar for a lot of people because they occured in domestic competition. This one has got worldwide recognition, people at my work - even females - have talked about it today.

JulesWinnfield

West Brom Fan
If FIFA are not prepared to hand him a severe punishment then they should at least force him to seek psychiatric help. Otherwise he'll just do it again and again.

The guy is fecked in the head.
Suarez will never change his behaviour until those who guide him actually hold him accountable for his actions. Whilst he's made the victim in every wrong-doing he does his persecution complex will only ever grow.

I said it earlier but whilst the teams he plays for are totally reliant on him they will continually bend over backwards to accomodate his behaviour. That's the situation Suarez has been in right since he was a kid, back in Uruguay and since his many examples of poor behaviour have only ever led to those who manage him going to desperate lengths to cover up his actions. He basically thinks he can get away with anything.

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/sto...nner-luis-suarez-soccer-most-beautiful-player

This is a very interesting article on Suarez and goes someway to showing why he never learns. Even at 16 the guy got away with headbutting a referee! That's stuff that at minimum should lead to a years ban, but back home people go to extraordinary lengths to cover it up and even pretend it didn't happen. If someone isn't made accountable for their actions, they never will be.

R'hllor

He is sick,mentally unstable or he has on/off switch on rabies.The force he uses when he bites,zombie on steroids mode.He needs help, some kind of therapy, until psychotherapist gives a green light and he passes tests proving that he has it under control,he has no place on the football pitch.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
But what do you expect? Suarez plays in England. He's done most of his ridiculous terrible actions in England. How can you not understand that this was always going to be the case? Also, is it really a surprise after the comments made about the British media by Suarez only a matter of days ago?

Stop trying to detract from what he has done. First it was other challenges are worse, then it was no one really cares other than the British. Get a hold of yourself.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
It is definitely big news in the USA. They are outraged.
Americans outraged :lol: When aren't they outraged when it doesn't apply to something they're doing themselves?

The things that go on in after/during tackles and in pileups in American football would make biters run

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
And judging by That Mirror report of your media (likely just as subjective as the Caf) I find it funny they're pretending he didn't do it, and using a 50 year old poor linesman call to compare with a day old meditated assault from a player who's a repeat offender and a racial sledger to lay some modicum of responsibility on a country not even involved! So yeah, distraction certainly does seem the name of the game.

For once it actually seems like our media's the less devious.

Interesting what different people find funny.

Fwiw I don't think he should be banned for life or anything ridiculous like that, but the lengths both Uruguay & Liverpool go to ignore Suarez's culpability in any situation where he's clearly no one else to blame but himself are getting absurd. And only contribute to his mindset in the long run. The fact anyone's even discussing the British press is daft. What have they done but comment?

Last edited:

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
@B20 Typical Liverpool fan. Not only is he stupid enough to find anything to maybe take some shine off the fact Suarez is a disgusting vile human being, he has the arrogance to assume the British media are the only ones who care about this. As if you've been around the world and read every single newspaper article.

I hope one day you realize that your behavior is exactly why Liverpool fans are hated, not just by us, but by most fan bases in the country.