Suarez bites | "sorry for falling into him and biting him and that"

Thom

absolutely SHAMEFUL-DESPICABLE-CRIMINAL DECISION

1 should have been ONE match and then no more than 10.000 bucks, and that's about it

clearly the scapegoat of the british frustration, I feel ashamed

FIFA: gangsters, Blatter, please die
:lol:

That was what Bendtner got for showing a bit of clothes. Bit of perspective please..

Hemil

Supports
Chelsea
Pool fans feel they are the victims again. When have they ever been victimised before?

Rednotdead

Liverpool's getting very hard done by with this situation, but it is Suarez' fault. I sure as hell wouldn't pay him those four months and even fine him for it.
They can sue him if they can show financial loss, in the same way Chelsea sued Adrian Mutu.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
My jimmies are seriously rustled right now.

I might go bite our intern. French rather than Italian, but close enough.

Revan

Assumptionman
Heavy, for me. The 9 matches was already too much but a 4 month football ban as well? Can't say I am surprised, it is FIFA
No, it wasn't. It is the third time he is doing it so it was quite expected that the punishment will be more severe than on the second time.

I think that it would have been more just if they would have banned him for at-least one year (probably two) from International football (meaning no Copa America which would hurt him a lot) but no ban for playing for Liverpool. While they directly aren't responsible for what he does on Uruguay shirt and so might say that the ban for them is unjust (Suarez loses more games for LFC than for Uruguay) still they know what type of lunatic they have, so they can't complain.

If you support an idiot, well, be prepared for the consequences.

Mister_Stubbs

Liverpool's getting very hard done by with this situation, but it is Suarez' fault. I sure as hell wouldn't pay him those four months and even fine him for it.
I tend to agree though as someone rightly said on SSN earlier "he is representing Uruguay, Liverpool and himself at the World Cup".. You guys know what he is like (or should do by now) so this really should come as no surprise.

Lewy89

I'd be livid if I was a Liverpool fan. How can a player be that stupid again? If I was Rodgers, I wouldn't pay him for those four months out. He doesn't deserve it and it's all his fault that he can't play for them. It's ironic as Liverpool really are the victims this time!

Oh well... I'll get over it!
yep, i hope we dont pay him, or sue him for lost revenue

bishblaize

Im in two minds. At one level it feels harsh to give a punishment that hurts Liverpool more than Uruguay (at least in terms of numbers of games, though I guess he'll miss the whole of next year's Copa America).

On the other hand if I drink and drive, get an unusually long prison sentence, lose my job and my house and my wife and child suffer are made homeless, they shouldn't blame the magistrate. They should be blaming me for not fulfilling my responsibilities.

Member 39557

Their stupid antics over the Evra incident have come back to ahem Bite them on the arse. I have no sympathy.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
The absolute cherry on the top of all this will be the reaction when he leaves Liverpool.

He will just blame the English media and they will lap it up.

:lol:

MoskvaRed

It's a shame his goals in the WC can't be retrospectively chalked off....On a serious non-England note, I do wonder how much his antics contributed to Italy's lack of concentration at that crucial corner. Hopefully Colombia now put them out. Fair play to the old guy who played in the 1950 final for condemning him but, on the whole, Uruguay has come out of this looking very small time.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
They can sue him if they can show financial loss, in the same way Chelsea sued Adrian Mutu.
Yes, but I don't think they will take it that far, at least not if they feel he still has a future in Liverpool :) But I can imagine Rodgers, Gerrard and co not being too happy about this. You work all year for a place in the CL and being able to attract better players in general, and all that gets blown away in less than five seconds when something snaps in your star player's brain..

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
Might go and put a cheeky tenner on Suarez biting someone during next season.
Now, which centre back to choose?

bishblaize

No training for 4 months? I find that a bit hard to believe. That's pretty much rule out most of his season, 4 months off football at all.
No running, or even light jogging. No kicking tin cans in the street. He's not even allowed to think about the number 433.

Revan

Assumptionman
No training for 4 months? I find that a bit hard to believe. That's pretty much rule out most of his season, 4 months off football at all.
He can't train with Liverpool (or any other club). I guess that he can train privately on his garden.