Suarez bites | "sorry for falling into him and biting him and that"

Rudie

Mentary
the twist on biting being almost subhuman and so much worse than an elbow or headbutt is odd.

There wasn't a single game of rugby when I wasn't bitten at least once. I don't consider rugby dirty,
You were bitten playing rugby? Did the players not wear guards!? I played a lot also and was not once bitten. Also how can you still see that biting someone is socially unacceptable, as is spitting on someone, as is pissing on someone?

Ruht

Madrid or Barcelona, it will suit one them perfectly. He is a cheater, diver and a nut case, Madrid has a nut case and a few divers, Barcelona has divers, he will fit perfectly in either of the 2.
He's probably down for some Paella as well.

Zak Smith

It's an unpredictable situation. His playing career is at it's absolute peak, so from that perspective his value will never be greater than it currently is. However, this incident would surely affect the valuation, but not as much as another incident would in say, 12 months if he is still at Liverpool and his playing career is faltering as a result.

I think this is the perfect time for Liverpool to sell, whilst he still holds his value, and provided someone is interested. They can't continue to rely upon someone who is clearly unstable, and they can't let this incident overshadow their summer. They really need investment in the squad to compete adequately in all competitions next season.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
@antohan I don't know why Uruguay fans get so affronted by any Suarez criticism. Even with 3m people you're going to get a few odious wankers, you can't do anything about it. Criticize him and support the rest of the team.
I'm not affronted, he is a fecking idiot, I've spelt it out enough times. I'm more pissed off than any one of you because he quite clearly has let himself and the side down, putting our chances on the line on a stupid and unnecessary act.

I do however find biting is suddenly almost like beheading someone, people wanting bans until a psychologist guarantees he won't bite anyone... Maybe Roy Keane, Dennis Wise, Michael Brown, Ben Thatcher, etc should have had similar treatment since they did far far more dangerous things. It's blown out of proportion. I agree FIFA should ban him, and maybe take into account it's a repeat if they regard it as their remit, just like with any assault cases. I think missing 4 games will do more than enough damage in terms of him having to have a rethink about it all.

I only just saw the Tabarez press conference but, as I was saying earlier, fecking predictable. Three English reporters start asking him about Suarez, biting and suspensions. Last time he met a press conference in the same conditions was in South Africa after Ghana and he was well and truly pissed off that instead of celebrating victory after 120 minutes of twists and turns and penos it all was about that single incident and some sort of moral issue around it. I'm not surprised at his reaction, particularly since he said he hadn't seen it and, frankly, no one at the stadium noticed it and there was no talk about it outside the stadium until about half and hour or more after the game. I can see why he started pointing fingers and saying he would support him to the end.

Lugano is a different cup of tea. The way he plays he thinks that is part and parcel of the defender/striker contest. Football is for gladiators and all that. I like that competitive side of football but sometimes you have to draw the line somewhere. Yes, Chiellini is a twat and acting like a bad loser because that was not the defining moment of the game in any shape or form, but Suarez should know better and can blame no one but himself. He could do with hearing that from his captain, at least privately.

Ultimately, there's no room for them to do any public condemnation, so I'd rather they shut up, get on with it (and any suspension) and handle it internally/privately.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
First, was there a bite?

Maybe already posted, but this camera angle is amazing:
Definitely.

Secondly, should he be punished?
Let's assume it was Alex Buttner biting another player for the third time, after already being banned for 17 games in the past for a similar offence. What would FIFA do? Hand him a serious ban, definitely. The only difference between Suarez and Buttner is that one is a world-class player, and the other is not. Why should that change the nature of the punishment? In fact, shouldn't it increase the seriousness of the crime, considering the sort of worldwide negative publicity the incident has garnered?

Thirdly, what sort of punishment?
Well, 7 games when he did it at Ajax, and 10 when at Liverpool. The man doesn't seem to care for such, so give him something serious in order to put him in place. A lifelong international ban should do it. He's been a disgrace to spirit of the sport in the WC, and a disgrace for his country and teammates, whether the latter publicly accept it or not. Should he banned for club, too? Dunno, I don't think FIFA would do that, and I wouldn't blame them if they didn't.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
That's exactly what they are doing. I used to think Real were bad, but the likes of FCBarca has shown us all how entitled and holy Barca really believe they are! :lol:

I almost hope he fecks them off for Madrid now.
You will suddenly read FCBarca telling us how Suarez is a vile creature and fits into the capital club etc etc. On the other hand if he joins Barca....

The Man Himself

dippers are having emergency talks later today. Apparently.
Must be about the design of t shirts with Suarez face which Brenton and co. will wear prior to their first PL game next season. They can't have the same one which Kenny used. Need something classy now.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
That's exactly what they are doing. I used to think Real were bad, but the likes of FCBarca has shown us all how entitled and holy Barca really believe they are! :lol:

I almost hope he fecks them off for Madrid now.
Drama, drama, drama...advertising your inferiority complex for all of us

Mali_Zeus

I think missing 4 games will do more than enough damage in terms of him having to have a rethink about it all.
4 games?

You must be kidding..

And oh poor Tabarez needing to answer why has his main man bitten another player instead talking about all that great football we saw last night..

antohan

Yes some rubbish on the lines of how these things happen at the heat of the moment and should not be further complicated or something.
Really? That's an improvement on previous reactions though. He is trying to dismiss it but not denying it. Progress. Liverpool style.

surf

I'm not affronted, he is a fecking idiot, I've spelt it out enough times. I'm more pissed off than any one of you because he quite clearly has let himself and the side down, putting our chances on the line on a stupid and unnecessary act.

I do however find biting is suddenly almost like beheading someone, people wanting bans until a psychologist guarantees he won't bite anyone... Maybe Roy Keane, Dennis Wise, Michael Brown, Ben Thatcher, etc should have had similar treatment since they did far far more dangerous things. It's blown out of proportion. I agree FIFA should ban him, and maybe take into account it's a repeat if they regard it as their remit, just like with any assault cases. I think missing 4 games will do more than enough damage in terms of him having to have a rethink about it all.

I only just saw the Tabarez press conference but, as I was saying earlier, fecking predictable. Three English reporters start asking him about Suarez, biting and suspensions. Last time he met a press conference in the same conditions was in South Africa after Ghana and he was well and truly pissed off that instead of celebrating victory after 120 minutes of twists and turns and penos it all was about that single incident and some sort of moral issue around it. I'm not surprised at his reaction, particularly since he said he hadn't seen it and, frankly, no one at the stadium noticed it and there was no talk about it outside the stadium until about half and hour or more after the game. I can see why he started pointing fingers and saying he would support him to the end.

Lugano is a different cup of tea. The way he plays he thinks that is part and parcel of the defender/striker contest. Football is for gladiators and all that. I like that competitive side of football but sometimes you have to draw the line somewhere. Yes, Chiellini is a twat and acting like a bad loser because that was not the defining moment of the game in any shape or form, but Suarez should know better and can blame no one but himself. He could do with hearing that from his captain, at least privately.

Ultimately, there's no room for them to do any public condemnation, so I'd rather they shut up, get on with it (and any suspension) and handle it internally/privately.
Why not? The Uruguay FA could have regained the high ground by immediately sending him home, before he was charged by FIFA. It wouldn't have been any loss since they must have known he was going to be missing the rest of the tournament anyway.

antohan

Actually they look like they are about to bite each other !
My brother and I were actually wondering last night how many people he must have actually bitten. There must be other cases that just got on with it. There sure is an "I was bitten by Luis Suárez" exclusive waiting to happen.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
My brother and I were actually wondering last night how many people he must have actually bitten. There must be other cases that just got on with it. There sure is an "I was bitten by Luis Suárez" exclusive waiting to happen.
That's a T-shirt waiting to happen.

cj_sparky

Sky Sports News said Suarez's lawyer has apparently said to Uruguayan radio that European football has a campaign against his client. Said he has no doubt that it is only happening because it is Suarez and because Italy got eliminated. That the Italians and English are putting pressure on Fifa and that they are planning a defense.

Said Suarez will not be at the meeting with Fifa and they will look to ban him, but it was such a casual play and that if the evidence is a scratch then Luiz has a bruise and nearly closed eye. Also mentioned that if players start showing their injuries that open inquiries it will all get complicated in the future and they are going use every argument so Suarez gets out in the best possible way.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Must be about the design of t shirts with Suarez face which Brenton and co. will wear prior to their first PL game next season. They can't have the same one which Kenny used. Need something classy now.
They've opted to tattoo Suarez's face on each of their own faces. That's the only way he'll stay at Anfield

Moriarty

Why not? The Uruguay FA could have regained the high ground by immediately sending him home, before he was charged by FIFA. It wouldn't have been any loss since they must have known he was going to be missing the rest of the tournament anyway.
When it's a choice between taking the moral high ground and potentially losing out on the world's biggest tournament (and the massive financial benefits that flow from it), well it's not really much of a choice at all.

A1X

The Liverpool fans praying he doesn't get a domestic ban are hilarious. And slightly paranoid and terrifying.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
It's a big story too here, but people don't seem to be quite as outraged or demand as strong sanctions as I what I see in the British sphere.
Trust me, everyone is talking about it, and everyone is demanding FIFA to give him a severe punishment. After the game last night, this incident was the only thing that was being discussed in the Swedish media. I don't think the Brits are any harder on him than the rest of the world is.

louvega

They should have acted right after the game. Send him home, have him give a press conference with apologies and assume any punishment will be deserved. The denial and photoshop claims... :lol:

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Drama, drama, drama...advertising your inferiority complex for all of us
Actually, you've just demonstrated your childish ways yet again, well done. It's easy to get you to show your true colours, ridiculously so.

Then again coming from the mind that thought that poorly written piece on Suarez was 'powerful', I probably should pick targets with a challenge. So I'll leave you to your petty mindset :lol:

andyp

potentially another angle here:

Suarez is sponsered by Adidas
World cup 2014 is sponsored by Adidas

Conflict of interest for FIFA?

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
You were bitten playing rugby? Did the players not wear guards!? I played a lot also and was not once bitten. Also how can you still see that biting someone is socially unacceptable, as is spitting on someone, as is pissing on someone?
Hey now, it's only socially unacceptable if the person doesn't want to be bitten, spat or urinated on. Let's be fair to the fetishists here.

Moonred

Really? That's an improvement on previous reactions though. He is trying to dismiss it but not denying it. Progress. Liverpool style.
He is not denying that there was an incident, nothing about biting. In anycase it was interpreted in English so I wouldn't really know for sure.

And yes every cloud has a silver lining for liverpool fans. Trying to spin some positive out of this.

antohan

No one gives a shit about the high ground. It's a World Cup, you want to play it to the best of your abilities and that includes Luis Suarez.

I know what all the follow up messages will read like, but I guess we will never agree. No, it's not about cheating, it's not about being an Ethics Professor either, it's football, it's more important than life or death. Period.

The Man Himself

Actually, you've just demonstrated your childish ways yet again, well done. It's easy to get you to show your true colours, ridiculously so.

Then again coming from the mind that thought that poorly written piece on Suarez was 'powerful', I probably should pick targets with a challenge. So I'll leave you to your petty mindset :lol:
Let's go one-o-one in next WW game right from the start. *feck yeah gif*

x42bn6

Have FIFA ever applied a ban at club level too though?

I just can't see it happening myself.
I found one on another forum: Slobodan Rajković. He spat at a referee at the 2008 Olympics and FIFA banned him from all football for 12 months, although it was later reduced to international matches only on appeal. So it does look like they have the power to do so if they wanted to.

Mick1991

What is he claiming happened to his eye? From the bite incident when Cheillini swung around or another time in the game?

Aporkalypse

Suarez lawyer, Uruguay FA board member Alejandro Balbi, on #URU radio:

"We don't have any doubts that this has happened because it's Suarez and secondly because Italy was eliminated,
"There's a lot of pressure from England and Italy. We're polishing off a defence argument."
"There is a possibility that they ban him, because there are precedents, but we're convinced that it was an absolutely
casual play
, because if Chiellini can show a scratch on one shoulder, Suarez can show a bruised and almost shut eye."
"You shouldn't forget that we're rivals of many and we can be for the organiser (hosts Brazil) in the future.
"This does not go against what might have happened, but there's no doubt that Suarez is a rock in the shoe for many."
"We're going to use all the arguments possible so that Luis gets out in the best possible way."

all via. https://twitter.com/Masters_JamesD

(Bolding is mine, because that's just hilarious)

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
How can you even think of biting sb?:lol: It has never crossed my mind to do that anywhere, let alone on a football pitch. Kicking out, lunging in and whatnot are often dangerous acts but it happens from time to time in the heat of the moment (esp. as a revenge). You lunge in, you get a yellow/red if you miss the ball. Or a ban. but biting? It's not even like Chiellini or Ivanovic had kicked the shit out of him beforehand.

How can the Uruguayans defend that? Scousers are one thing but antohan here is having a bit of a shocker. I don't know but if they think it's being blown out of proportions, perhaps biting sb is similar to hard challenges for an Uruguayan? Or are they simply shit-scared of losing Suarez?

The guy is clearly sick. Needs help. Ban him from football for a year and teach him how to behave among civilized people and if it doesn't work - ban him from football altogether is what FIFA should do but what they will do is probably a warning and Suarez will play in the last 16.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Suarez lawyer, Uruguay FA board member Alejandro Balbi, on #URU radio:

"We don't have any doubts that this has happened because it's Suarez and secondly because Italy was eliminated,
"There's a lot of pressure from England and Italy. We're polishing off a defence argument."
"There is a possibility that they ban him, because there are precedents, but we're convinced that it was an absolutely
casual play, because if Chiellini can show a scratch on one shoulder, Suarez can show a bruised and almost shut eye."
"You shouldn't forget that we're rivals of many and we can be for the organiser (hosts Brazil) in the future.
"This does not go against what might have happened, but there's no doubt that Suarez is a rock in the shoe for many."
"We're going to use all the arguments possible so that Luis gets out in the best possible way."

all via. https://twitter.com/Masters_JamesD
Short man syndrome.

"The world is against us, so we have to lie and cheat to get on equal terms".