Suarez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan's Beard

Probably doesn't have a career as a comedian
I'm not saying that we will finish above Arsenal, I'm saying it's not an unrealistic aim- it's not like I'm saying we can challenge for the title. Why is the point in playing football if you start the season with absolutely no ambition?
There's a difference between having no ambition and being overly confident to the detriment of your club (Leeds, anyone?). If you keep Suarez solely to get into the top 4 and he ends up being a cnut all season then forcing a move it could set you back even further.

If it was nailed on that he'd knuckle down and play well for you you'd be right in hanging on to him I think but if he's going to be as much of a moany, pentulant, scummy twat as we all know he can be then you might be better off rid, is all I'm saying.

Phurry

Furry Fecker
What happen to his value if he stays and does something else ridiculous? Or just plays like a sulky twat all season?

Saoirse.

Liverpool Fan
There's a difference between having no ambition and being overly confident to the detriment of your club (Leeds, anyone?). If you keep Suarez solely to get into the top 4 and he ends up being a cnut all season then forcing a move it could set you back even further.

If it was nailed on that he'd knuckle down and play well for you you'd be right in hanging on to him I think but if he's going to be as much of a moany, pentulant, scummy twat as we all know he can be then you might be better off rid, is all I'm saying.

Spurs kept Modric for one more year when he wanted out and they achieved 4th, if Arsenal had kept RVP and he had scored 25 league goals there's every chance Arsenal would have been challenging for the title. It's a risk but it's worth taking. As I explained above its not in Suarez's interest to sulk- it'll harm him more than it'll hurt Liverpool.

By the way, I'm not overly confident but you need to have some optimism- what do you think Liverpool's aim should be this year? Europa League? I think we should try to aim higher than that, even if it's not that likely there's no harm in aiming high.

Ryan's Beard

Probably doesn't have a career as a comedian
Spurs kept Modric for one more year when he wanted out and they achieved 4th, if Arsenal had kept RVP and he had scored 25 league goals there's every chance Arsenal would have been challenging for the title. It's a risk but it's worth taking. As I explained above its not in Suarez's interest to sulk- it'll harm him more than it'll hurt Liverpool.

By the way, I'm not overly confident but you need to have some optimism- what do you think Liverpool's aim should be this year? Europa League? I think we should try to aim higher than that, even if it's not that likely there's no harm in aiming high.
In all honesty though Suarez doesn't seem like the pragmatic sort of character that would put his own crying aside to crack on. I could be wrong but I just don't see him giving his all for you. You're right that it's not really in his best interests to sulk but it's not in his best interest to bite people either, he's not the most sensible boy.

I think Europa league is your level at the moment really, yeh. There's no harm in aiming high but if you do something silly and short term blinded by an unrealistic target that seems just within your reach it can Traveller you for years to come.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Sulking and refusing to co-operate will obviously hurt Liverpool but it'll hurt Suarez a hell of a lot more, what good team in their right mind would want a player who throws a bitch fit and refuses to play?
The guy is as thick as two short planks. Again - did you not see him at all in preseason?

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
That self satisfied smirk as he walks off saying "You said steady" would be worth the price of admission alone.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Seems like the mouthpiece of Arsenal, John Cross, is the tear ducts of Arsenal tonight. Poor, deluded idiot (avec savant)

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
ODB2010 in the Newbs':

Suarez has apparently told Uruguayan media that he's staying at Liverpool.
From Speedloafer too:

@GrantWahl Luis Suárez has told top Uruguayan journalist @MartinCharquero he will not be leaving Liverpool.

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Interesting if true, also talk of changes to his contract.
I reckon he will still be off next season.

Club have been spot on in all this.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
The striker’s U-turn is a significant fillip to the club who have been insistent all summer that the forward not be sold at any price.
"For now, because of all the affection of the people, I will be staying," Suarez told El Observador from Tokyo, where the national side are set to face Japan
A.K.A, my agents and I were retarded not to know the right interpretation of my contract and Liverpool have told me that they aren't going to sell to Arsenal.

soapythecat

As much as I don't care for Liverpool FC in the slightest, I'm quite pleased he is staying with them. Maybe because of the Rooney saga at United, I think it's good that clubs are really digging their heels in and not succumbing to player power. Rightly, the transfer window hasn't closed yet and both Suarez and Rooney could end up playing for other clubs, but for now i'm happy that the clubs are really making it difficult for them. Far too many times in the past have players secured their moves away despite protest from the club.
As much as the bloke is a prize twat, I think Suarez is one of the best players in the world and easily in the top 2/3 in the prem. He will do well for LFC again this season and they will need that to keep competitive. Whatever your thoughts on him, he is an absolute joy to watch.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Was 'Steady' on that list of phrases banned by the scousers?

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
See I am of the opposite opinion, Suarez had an outstanding season and have had one mediocre European club interested in him, in order to garner interest from better teams he needs to put on an exhibition of football and good behaviour next year. Sulking and refusing to co-operate will obviously hurt Liverpool but it'll hurt Suarez a hell of a lot more, what good team in their right mind would want a player who throws a bitch fit and refuses to play?

I'm delighted with the hard line stance Rodgers has taken, it's about time we stopped pandering to Suarez.
Apparently we do according to the press :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.