Film Suicide Squad (2016)

Hamadovich86

Looks shite especially Joker and Will Smith both look out of place so far. Margot is the only good thing going for this movie.

Melvyn

prostate examiner
Harley Quinn looks like she's going to be amazing. Can't wait!

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
It's looking a lot like Assault on Arkham imo
I liked that animated movie, wouldn't mind if this was pretty much a live action version. Although if that were the case, I'd hope that Ayer tones down Batman's presence considerably, or does it away with it altogether.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
Looks shite especially Joker and Will Smith both look out of place so far. Margot is the only good thing going for this movie.
Will Smith is the only piece of the ensemble I'm not 100% sold on, but the trailer has got me pretty hyped for Leto and Robbie as Joker and Harley.

And I'm still hoping that Cara Delevingne's Enchantress looks better on screen than she did in that group pic that was released a while back.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
I liked that animated movie, wouldn't mind if this was pretty much a live action version. Although if that were the case, I'd hope that Ayer tones down Batman's presence considerably, or does it away with it altogether.
I'll put this in spoiler tags in case anyone hasn't seen AoA

I've been thinking it's going to basically be AoA but without the Riddler part of the story. Suicide Squad to find and disarm the dirty bomb (probably not in Arkham), the fact it's Joker's doing is held back from the team and it all goes tits up when that's realised etc. Doubt it'll be that closely related but replace the dirty bomb with a different task and the plotline will be similar enough

Those were my thoughts when the film and casting was initially announced.

Zen

Cheesy and shit dialogue, not overly convincing acting......could be an awesome b-movie comic film as long as it doesn't go all serious at some point

Most places seem to be completely missing the Joker being in the middle of the trailer too

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
I'll put this in spoiler tags in case anyone hasn't seen AoA

I've been thinking it's going to basically be AoA but without the Riddler part of the story. Suicide Squad to find and disarm the dirty bomb (probably not in Arkham), the fact it's Joker's doing is held back from the team and it all goes tits up when that's realised etc. Doubt it'll be that closely related but replace the dirty bomb with a different task and the plotline will be similar enough

Those were my thoughts when the film and casting was initially announced.
Yeah, the fact that Joker is in it leads me to think it'll be a similar story arc too. One difference to the structure could be various flashbacks of each Suicide Squad member, to flesh them out more. We see Cara Delevingne without all Enchantress makeup and costume, as well as Harleen Quinzel and Floyd Lawton in civvies right.

One thing I liked about Assault On Arkham was that they weren't all chummy pals at the end, or a family or whatever. Villains can have depth and still stay villains. I hope they don't feel the need for face turns just because there's a bigger heel.

EDIT: wrote Attack On Arkham before. too much Shingeki No Kyojin for me.

Last edited:

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
I don't see the Joker being in this film much to be honest. He isn't part of the suicide squad, so I can just see him building up Harley Quinn's story, and will become more prominent in future films.

With Ben Affleck saying he wants to do a standalone batman film (which I very skeptical about considering it is so soon after the successes of Nolan's work), then I can see him featuring in that.

I know the Justice League will be done, but not so good with the comics, so would anyone who is good say if this is they what they are aiming for:

-Batman, Superman, Wonderwoman and Aquaman plus other superheroes (Ant-Man?) to form the justice league
-Suicide squad to play a part in the film too? With the Joker.

An explanation in spoiler would be great as to what you think/ know the format will be.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Yeah, the fact that Joker is in it leads me to think it'll be a similar story arc too. One difference to the structure could be various flashbacks of each Suicide Squad member, to flesh them out more. We see Cara Delevingne without all Enchantress makeup and costume, as well as Harleen Quinzel and Floyd Lawton in civvies right.

One thing I liked about Attack On Arkham was that they weren't all chummy pals at the end, or a family or whatever. Villains can have depth and still stay villains. I hope they don't feel the need for face turns just because there's a bigger heel.
Basically agree with all that, yeah. I'm skeptical of Smith as Deadshot but that's balanced out by my childlike excitement for crazy Joker so overall I'm definitely looking forward to this.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
I don't see the Joker being in this film much to be honest. He isn't part of the suicide squad, so I can just see him building up Harley Quinn's story, and will become more prominent in future films.

With Ben Affleck saying he wants to do a standalone batman film (which I very skeptical about considering it is so soon after the successes of Nolan's work), then I can see him featuring in that.

I know the Justice League will be done, but not so good with the comics, so would anyone who is good say if this is they what they are aiming for:

-Batman, Superman, Wonderwoman and Aquaman plus other superheroes (Ant-Man?) to form the justice league

An explanation in spoiler would be great as to what you think/ know the format will be.
The Joker will be a big part of the move. WB and Ayer are treating Leto like he's got top billing, and not Smith or Robbie. Plus, even though he's not in the Squad, he'll probably function an adversary or a third party with his own motivations, à la Assault On Arkham.

And the last Nolan movie was 2012, and the soonest the Affleck Batman solo movie could be is 2017, so that's enough time for sure right.

As for The Justice League, it's building up with Batman v Superman to introduce Wonder Woman and Aquaman (in a small role, or maybe even just a cameo), then a Wonder Woman solo film, then Justice League Part 1. By then I'm assuming Cyborg and The Flash will have been shown, and now a part of the team. The Suicide Squad members will probably barely feature in Justice League movies right. You're confusing DC with Marvel by the way; Ant Man isn't in his universe. He's with Captain America and Iron Man etc, different world.

Godfather

The trailer is weak.
Thought so too... Will freaking Smith looks completely out of place. He just doesn't have a lot in his locker at all.

This is coming form a DC fan. Marvel with their over comedic and ironic way of approaching things have annoyed the shit out of me for way too long.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
Take it that'll be her transformation from Dr. Harleen Quinzel to Harley Quinn.
Yep, or a part of it at least. I'm pretty stoked that they aren't shying away from the abusive aspect of their relationship, really adds shades to this version of The Joker that other versions in cinema haven't had.

Sylar

Think Flash will get its own movie too (and is going to be part of Batman vs Superman I believe). I think DC are taking the approach where they introduce the characters in the big stories (and then they all have their own movies)

Only thing I didnt like about Will Smith in the trailer was him saying "lets go save the world" like it was independence day haha.

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
I'm skeptical of anyone who think's Ant-Man is a part of the Justice League. Screams "Nolan Bandwagoner" to me, and those are a breed who actually don't know much about what goes on in the source material.

As far as teaser trailers go I think that was excellent and it's created quite a buzz so it's certainly done it's job.

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
There's actually a front view of Batman in the trailer, looking at Affleck's suit it's obvious Suicide Squad had a smaller budget

Mystry

Friendship is magic
The batman mask was the highlight for me. It's hard to get really excited just from the trailer but it wasn't bad except the Joker car which looked incredibly shit.

MJJ

Ant man doesnt deserve to be even near the justice league. Am hoping they keep the original six.

Superman
Batman
Flash
Green Lantern
Hawk Woman
That Alien dude whose name I can never remember, going with The Martian

(And yes I know aqua man was part of the group in the comics)

Last edited:

Sylar

I think you missed his joke.
Nah, I got his joke. I tried to make him facepalm by going the serious route with the ?! included. :P

Also are people confusing Ant Man and The Atom? Or am I really missing a joke there?

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
Ant man doesnt deserve to be even near the justice league. Am hoping they keep the original six.

Superman
Batman
Flash
Green Lantern
Hawk Woman
That Alien dude whose name I can never remember, going with The Martian

(And yes I know aqua man was part of the group in the comics)
Close, it's Martian Manhunter. And I doubt he'll be in the Justice League, not in the next 5 years anyway. Which sucks, I'd way rather have him than freaking Shazam.

Sylar

Does everybody hate Shazam? :lol: Havent read one good thing about Shazam.

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
Fecks sake Ant-Man is MARVEL! :lol:

Isn't The Rock meant to be playing Shazam or have I totally made that up?

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
The Rock is playing Black Adam, Shazam's main villain, and an actually interesting character.

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
Ahhh got you now! I remember The Rock said he'd be playing a DC character and the initial rumour was Shazam before it turned out to be Black Adam evidently.

Sylar

Yeah, he probably read about Shazam and hated it as much as all of you haha

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
Yeah, he probably read about Shazam and hated it as much as all of you haha
:lol:

Wait, are you a fan? The caf finally found something about comics we all agreed on man.