g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Summer Transfer Tweets 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Interesting, perhaps they feel the transition from Guardiola to Ancelotti might give them a chance at sneaking the title. It seems both players want to leave but fair play to Dortmund if they are going to try and keep them. Would be surprised if both left but I think one of them will end up getting their wish.
Yeah, Ancelotti is just a rubbish manager only good at cups. He's basically Harry Redknapp with a fancier name.

Fahad Jawaid

Sell their best defender to a direct rival to make them stronger but won't sell players who want to leave because they want to challenge for a title. Rofl
So true, thats exactly what i am thinking, in fact i would go on and say it again, what if we sign another RW, and are not interested in him anymore and Bayern sign him for free next year. How stupid would they look, not only they have rejected some 30 to 40 million Euros which is alot for them lets be fair, except that they would only have strengthened their rivals even further, and made to look like Bayern's bitch again, surely all the other teams and their fans laugh at Dortmund for their supposed tough guy stance, when they have already sold their club Captain to them.

Ottawa MLS Fan

Really good signing that for Spurs. Last few games showed that if they lose Dembele and Alli then they don't have adequate backup. So having Wanyama as some midfield steel should be good for hard fought games.
Good signing for Spurs, but I don't see it from Wanyama's perspective. He is more than good enough to play every game for most PL teams, but may sit on the bench at Spurs waiting for injuries or league cup games.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Spurs with clever business yet again. While everyone is fighting for Kante, they quietly try to get in a proven force like Wanyama. Not sure how he figures into their plans though. They have lots of options in that position, figured they could use a back up to Kane more than anything else.
This is not the case. Dier is the only true DM at Spurs, so Wanyama would provide proper competition/cover for him.

It's a signing that makes sense. He's settled in England, already adapted to the Prem and Pochettino knows him well. The price is not expensive and he's young enough (soon to turn 25) to be with Spurs for years to come.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Valencia sporting director Suso stops the march of Gomes to United. They are resisting Mendes.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Last season was the first time I really watched him and I'm not impressed. Granted, the team was shite but I don't think we will sign players out of form especially for big money.

Norris

What the feck is going on with all the clubs blocking moves for players. They can't do anything in Gomes's case anyways, he has a release clause. Pretty high though.

This is not the case. Dier is the only true DM at Spurs, so Wanyama would provide proper competition/cover for him.

It's a signing that makes sense. He's settled in England, already adapted to the Prem and Pochettino knows him well. The price is not expensive and he's young enough (soon to turn 25) to be with Spurs for years to come.
I didn't even realise he a true DM. Thought he was a CB at first, before Poch played him at RB and then at CDM. Bentaleb can do a half decent job can't he, though he's more of a box to box player. Dembele can play that position as well. It makes sense for spurs of course, but probably not for Wanyama, if he's going to be second or third choice for that position.

RedStarUnited

What the feck is going on with all the clubs blocking moves for players. They can't do anything in Gomes's case anyways, he has a release clause. Pretty high though.

I didn't even realise he a true DM. Thought he was a CB at first, before Poch played him at RB and then at CDM. Bentaleb can do a half decent job can't he, though he's more of a box to box player. Dembele can play that position as well. It makes sense for spurs of course, but probably not for Wanyama, if he's going to be second or third choice for that position.
ITs been said a few times but...Those clauses are only good for Spanish teams.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
£10m for Michael Keane. £20m for Troy Deeney. Football has lost the plot and needs capping pronto.

Irrational.

£10m for Michael Keane. £20m for Troy Deeney. Football has lost the plot and needs capping pronto.

Is that our ex-player Michael Keane?

If he was still at the club, I guarantee you we'd have got £1.60 and a used condom wrapper for him.

Hopefully that'll change now that Mourinho's in charge. Still can't believe I'm saying that. :drool:

Norris

Bayern paid the clause if I am not wrong
They did, but the poster said that those Buy-out clauses are only applicable for Spanish teams. I'm assuming he meant, that those clauses can only be activated by spanish teams ? I googled it and didn't really find anything to support that.
ITs been said a few times but...Those clauses are only good for Spanish teams.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Bayern paid the clause if I am not wrong
It was a bit like our Herrera transfer wasn't it? They paid the clause by going straight to the Spanish FA and covered all taxes due which is normally how Bilbao delay a deal.

Walters_19_MuFc

Doubt that be the price, but would be such a good move for him.

As for Troy, 20M is steep, but the team pays what they value the player.

Troy would fit slot into the Leicester team behind Vardy perfectly. Not only is he a goalscorer, but he creates chances and works very hard, which is indicative of a Leicester side.

cyberman

Yeah, on paper. But the buying club pretty much transfers the money to the player for the deal to be done.
Yes but legally the Spanish FA cannot prove where that money came from. Thats why the player himself pays it.
If United went in and paid it they would say no.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
They did, but the poster said that those Buy-out clauses are only applicable for Spanish teams. I'm assuming he meant, that those clauses can only be activated by spanish teams ? I googled it and didn't really find anything to support that.
Yes,those clauses only exist in Spain and I am not sure if Belgium too. It can be activated/paid for any team trying to buy the player,from Spain or abroad.I don't know if it's exactly what you asked :)

Last edited:

Norris

Yes but legally the Spanish FA cannot prove where that money came from. Thats why the player himself pays it.
If United went in and paid it they would say no.
Yeah, I remember the Herrera deal went down like that. They gave a pretty informative article on the club website at the time.

Yes,those clauses only exist in Spain and I am not sure if Belgium too. It can be activated/paid for any team trying to buy the player,from Spain or abroad.I don't know of it's exactly what you asked :)
Aah ok, the way the poster I quoted phrased it made me think only Spanish teams had any right to activate the transfer. Just needed to be sure :)

RedStarUnited

Yeah, I remember the Herrera deal went down like that. They gave a pretty informative article on the club website at the time.

Aah ok, the way the poster I quoted phrased it made me think only Spanish teams had any right to activate the transfer. Just needed to be sure :)
Sorry I meant its straight forward for Spanish teams but not for non Spanish teams. Which is why teams can be hard headed about it.

Yeah, on paper. But the buying club pretty much transfers the money to the player for the deal to be done.
That becomes an income on the players part for tax reasons.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
It was a bit like our Herrera transfer wasn't it? They paid the clause by going straight to the Spanish FA and covered all taxes due which is normally how Bilbao delay a deal.
Yes,exactly the same.I think that in both cases they tried to demand the VAT

Norris

Sorry I meant its straight forward for Spanish teams but not for non Spanish teams. Which is why teams can be hard headed about it.

That becomes an income on the players part for tax reasons.
Aah ok, but from what I read (Just now), the buying club pays the tax as well on behalf of the player. So if we wanted him, we just need to match his clause, one way or the other. I think it is around 60m Euros though, very high.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Well, I bloody hope not. What if Pogba doesn't want to come back? Why would we just let a very good CM in Pjanic go to Juventus without any real security of Pogba being available?

Saf94

Didn't Pjanic want to sign for Juventus anyway?

Mou: Pjanic? Forget him I only want Pogba
Woody: I don't think he wants to sign for us anyw....
Mou: I SAID FORGET HIM WE DONT WANT HIM

AndyJ1985

Pogba is going to be this summers "saga" isn't it? The predictable yearly drama that drags on and on and inevitably ends in disappointment.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Pogba is going to be this summers "saga" isn't it? The predictable yearly drama that drags on and on and inevitably ends in disappointment.
It won't run for too long. Juve have his replacement in place and the Pogba deal will move along once his Euros have concluded.

CM

Is that our ex-player Michael Keane?

If he was still at the club, I guarantee you we'd have got £1.60 and a used condom wrapper for him.

Hopefully that'll change now that Mourinho's in charge. Still can't believe I'm saying that. :drool:
Don't we get a percentage of the fee from Keane's next move anyway?

Andy_Cole

Pogba does have family and friends here in Manchester (I know his cousin) so it is possible he wants to move back.

Von Mistelroum

I really hope that this isn't true. He's not going to come back here, his price will be astronomical and Madrid will pay it. He's not choosing us over them, so if there's an alternative we're considering, we certainly shouldn't let them go elsewhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.