Summer Transfer Tweets 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil may care

Mitrovic ? I'm sure there must be some cheap relegation release clause. He's basically EL or lower level UCL level and can easily get him for a bargain.
He was the striker for the team that did get relegated though, one of the reasons being that he hardly scored any goals and is a walking red card waiting to happen..

Norris

He was the striker for the team that did get relegated though, one of the reasons being that he hardly scored any goals and is a walking red card waiting to happen..
That doesn't mean he's not PL Quality. Newcastle have several good players who can easily play above the level they did last season. Mitrovic had almost no service in the penalty box. He started playing much better when Benitez took over. There's a good player there somewhere.

Donut

Mitrovic ? I'm sure there must be some cheap relegation release clause. He's basically EL or lower level UCL level and can easily get him for a bargain.
Are you Serbian? Mitrovic is pure shit.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Don't know what everyone is laughing about. That's just the kind of price you have to pay for a PL proven player these days. He'd fit in well in their tactics as someone that can head to ball into a faster players path. 13 goals and 8 assists in the PL last season, that's very good. lolzy
Edit: white text noone bit :(

Last edited:

Devil may care

That doesn't mean he's not PL Quality. Newcastle have several good players who can easily play above the level they did last season. Mitrovic had almost no service in the penalty box. He started playing much better when Benitez took over. There's a good player there somewhere.
He is a striker that didn't score many goals in the PL, that suggests he isn't PL quality, I mean he came from a 4th tier league so it's not that surprising, plus he's a liability with his headcase nature.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He is a striker that didn't score many goals in the PL, that suggests he isn't PL quality, I mean he came from a 4th tier league so it's not that surprising, plus he's a liability with his headcase nature.
It was his first season tbf

Devil may care

Bonucci is one of the top 5 CB's around, tough as nails but also great on the ball, and at 29 he'd be an ideal partner for Smalling. I imagine he'd cost £40M if Juve were willing to sell.

lysglimt

Scout

Stupid Leicester or Stupid Watford????
Watford don't need the extra money - they just find it hilarious that someone makes a high bid for him - so they are sitting their laughing, waiting for a new bid!

RedRover

Watford don't need the extra money - they just find it hilarious that someone makes a high bid for him - so they are sitting their laughing, waiting for a new bid!
They're mad to turn down that sort of money.

United Pro

Bonucci is one of the top 5 CB's around, tough as nails but also great on the ball, and at 29 he'd be an ideal partner for Smalling. I imagine he'd cost £40M if Juve were willing to sell.
No chance he's leaving. Absolute class CB though. If there was any hope, I'd assume we'd involve Darmian moving the other way.
Talking about Darmian, but Steve Bates just wrote an article that Mourinho wants to swap Darmian for Matic, which would free space for us to sell Schneiderlin (who Everton want) and Arsenal want Blind if available.

Devil may care

No chance he's leaving. Absolute class CB though. If there was any hope, I'd assume we'd involve Darmian moving the other way.
Talking about Darmian, but Steve Bates just wrote an article that Mourinho wants to swap Darmian for Matic, which would free space for us to sell Schneiderlin (who Everton want) and Arsenal want Blind if available.
Would Juve want Darmian? I guess they might see him as a replacement for Lichsteiner. That stuff from Bates all seems very unlikely, that would be an unusual amount of movement between top PL teams and I am still not convinced Jose would want Matic after he folded so badly when the pressure was on at Chelsea.

LonelyFire

I like Steve Bates but the chances of us selling Darmian, Schneiderlin, and Blind are quite slim. People forget LVG played with a small squad. Mourinho not daft and won't weaken us unnecessarily.

The more important factor is Mourinho needs to hit the ground running, if he comes in all guns blazing and moves players on, he unsettles the dressing room. I think you will see a small amount outgoing but nowhere near the amount people are predicting.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
How the hell can they exchange 'for' for 'bon' in the headline? Jesus fecking christ, they should be ashamed. Getting paid for that shite.
I thought they exchanged 'one'

United Pro

How the hell can they exchange 'for' for 'bon' in the headline? Jesus fecking christ, they should be ashamed. Getting paid for that shite.
No I think they exchanged "one" rather than "for" for "bon". But it's just tacky either way.

Anustart89

They didn't Bon is in place of One.
I thought they exchanged 'one'
They didn't. It's ONE for BON. Not exactly rocket science.
Think it's one
No I think they exchanged "one" rather than "for" for "bon". But it's just tacky either way.
Wow, inbox really exploded there. Thanks for the replies. I somehow read "in bon a hell of a fight'. My bad.

United Pro

Would Juve want Darmian? I guess they might see him as a replacement for Lichsteiner. That stuff from Bates all seems very unlikely, that would be an unusual amount of movement between top PL teams and I am still not convinced Jose would want Matic after he folded so badly when the pressure was on at Chelsea.
Yeah I'd reckon they would. He is or rather was good enough to consistently get into Italy's first team, and considering Lichtsteiner is getting on a bit now, I'd reckon he'd be a good fit. But, yeah I agree, I don't think Mourinho would sell so many players. And with regards to Matic, I reckon there's been too much reported in Matic to United for there to be nothing in it. And Conte is clearly a big fan of Darmian, so who knows tbh.

Von Mistelroum

Bonucci, is he any good?
He's my favourite defender. Won't happen though. On the subject of Juventus though, they are demanding Madrid pay 160m Euros? What is wrong with Madrid? They already have probably the best midfield anywhere in Kroos, Modric, Isco (not to mention Kovacic) and they are pursuing a £100m+ midfielder who might end up on the bench?...

PvsNP

Arsenal and Chelsea face competition to sign €25m-rated Sofiane Boufal from Lille

zlatan_ish

juventino
Supports
La Vecchia Signora
Yes, we would 'want' him but no way we will swap for Bonucci.

Also, I'm pretty confident Lich is staying plus we might get Dani Alves also. So, I don't think we would be in for Darmian.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
I can't get my head around this, i can't tell who has gone more mental, Leicester for bidding that amount of money for him or Watford for turning it down! madness!

Status
Not open for further replies.