Summer Transfer Tweets 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesperjaap

Interesting, I have no faith in Jones or Rojo so I certainly wouldn't mind another CB coming in.
Well last year we could say the same about Smalling. Here is hoping Mourinho can have a similar effect on Jones as LVG seemed to on Smalling last year. Smalling seemed to be injured a lot before and really didnt look like fullfilling his potential, I thought he was very good for the majority of last season...and Jones was the better defender when we signed each of them, Smalling stood still until last year, I would say JOnes has actually gone backwards and was a better player by far at Blackburn.....injuries obviously played a part in stunting progression, make or break year for him really.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
From the M.E.N. Samuel Luckhurst.

Mourinho's defensive plans
Expect United to sign another defender this summer, with Mourinho said to be keen on one Euro 2016 player he was refused the funds to sign while he was Chelsea manager. All I’d say is it’d be a bizarre move.
It would be a shock if United don’t sell a couple of defenders at this rate. They have quantity in defence but the quality is suspect. On the M.E.N. last month, fans voted to sell Phil Jones and Marcos Rojo.
My random guess is Pepe, despite what Jose said about not buying Portugese players :p Id love Bonucci but can't see him choosing us ahead of Chelsea because of Conte.

binary bot
From the M.E.N. Samuel Luckhurst.

Mourinho's defensive plans
Expect United to sign another defender this summer, with Mourinho said to be keen on one Euro 2016 player he was refused the funds to sign while he was Chelsea manager. All I’d say is it’d be a bizarre move.
It would be a shock if United don’t sell a couple of defenders at this rate. They have quantity in defence but the quality is suspect. On the M.E.N. last month, fans voted to sell Phil Jones and Marcos Rojo.
Some journalism that

prath92

My random guess is Pepe, despite what Jose said about not buying Portugese players :p Id love Bonucci but can't see him choosing us ahead of Chelsea because of Conte.
Actually I think he only said that he won't buy players from the Portugese league.

I hope it's not Pepe simply because his thread will be yet another 'he is just what we need' vs 'but he is 34'

Sparky Rhiwabon

Chelsea were linked with Germany's Howedes last year - at Schalke, aged 28

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Yeah ffs not Howedes. Could be Stones. Maybe even Varane though not sure we could get him.

ReDDHDevilS

They're just throwing out some random names as usual. There is no reason for us to go for Draxler.

it'd be an utterly disappointing signing.

Devil may care

Fair play with that example, however history shows that you can't continue like this forever. More importantly, only the future will tell whether a departure of their world star Simeone will harm them or they are simply that good and can replace him or anyone without much hassle. Maybe he's their answer to Ronaldo, their ying to yang. This time it's not the player, it's the coach. We'll see, mate.

It's always depending on the state of the club. For United Ronaldo was the exceptional talent, but for Aston Villa Benteke was the star man. From my knowledge a lot of clubs suffer after the loss of a such a talent. I simply wouldn't take the risk when it's not necessary. We're still talking about a football club, i take talent over money, but perhaps i'm a bit delusional, i know that some clubs have been run like a business. :( Agree to disagree!
I don't actually disagree with you mate in principal, I just don't think the nature of the modern football world makes it a viable business model for most teams.

People saying it is Stones. Why would that be a bizarre move? Surely it is someone from left field that people either haven't thought of or might be horrified at.
Bizarre after the crap season he had and the fact Jose supposedly wants an experienced CB? The thing that makes me wonder if it's Stones is they said Jose was denied the funds to buy the player last summer but Chelsea made several high offers for Stones. Not sure who else it could be though in truth.

Well last year we could say the same about Smalling. Here is hoping Mourinho can have a similar effect on Jones as LVG seemed to on Smalling last year. Smalling seemed to be injured a lot before and really didnt look like fullfilling his potential, I thought he was very good for the majority of last season...and Jones was the better defender when we signed each of them, Smalling stood still until last year, I would say JOnes has actually gone backwards and was a better player by far at Blackburn.....injuries obviously played a part in stunting progression, make or break year for him really.
I'd say Smalling has been living up to his potential for a solid 18 months now, and the biggest difference for me is that it's not just the injuries with Jones, it's the fact he's thick as a brick, lots of his injuries come from rash actions that wouldn't be needed if he played with more composure and smarts.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Massive news breaking everyone see this. Best source available - COCKS OUT

Status
Not open for further replies.