Summer Transfer Tweets 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoo

Something is seriously wrong when we're celebrating the potential loss of a player as if its some sort of giant leap ahead for the club.
Because he is one of LVG's darlings according to some.

pacifictheme

Something is seriously wrong when we're celebrating the potential loss of a player as if its some sort of giant leap ahead for the club.
Agreed. But with the sale of him it'll be one less something wrong. Don't get me wrong there are very few players, if any, i've wanted out the club, but he is one. I've never taken to him, he comes across as a bit of a twat and hes not very good at football. Hes a sauad player at best, and a pretty shit one, i'd rather he was sold so TFM or CBJ can get games.

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
True, but money wise Fellaini is the bigger disaster.
It's not a disaster if he is performing well and helping us win points. We discard the money factor when buying players as we seem to have loads of it but when the player supposedly fails then everything comes down to the transfer fee and his wages.

Norris

Selling Rojo doesn't make sense since we really don't have adequate cover (Unless the likes of TFM, Tuanzebe or Williams can make the step up or we buy some one else). He should probably get another season.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Selling Rojo doesn't make sense since we really don't have adequate cover (Unless the likes of TFM, Tuanzebe or Williams can make the step up or we buy some one else). He should probably get another season.
From the M.E.N. Samuel Luckhurst.

Mourinho's defensive plans
Expect United to sign another defender this summer, with Mourinho said to be keen on one Euro 2016 player he was refused the funds to sign while he was Chelsea manager. All I’d say is it’d be a bizarre move.
It would be a shock if United don’t sell a couple of defenders at this rate. They have quantity in defence but the quality is suspect. On the M.E.N. last month, fans voted to sell Phil Jones and Marcos Rojo.

Mihai

Expect United to sign another defender this summer, with Mourinho said to be keen on one Euro 2016 player he was refused the funds to sign while he was Chelsea manager. All I’d say is it’d be a bizarre move.
It would be a shock if United don’t sell a couple of defenders at this rate. They have quantity in defence but the quality is suspect. On the M.E.N. last month, fans voted to sell Phil Jones and Marcos Rojo.
If this is true, than the defender we'd be after would cost a fortune (since he was denied funds at Chelsea) and would be a starter (probably replacement for Terry). Were there rumors of Bonucci to Chelsea last season?

Norris

Mourinho likes to have two players for each position. If Smalling-Bailly were to be first choice, Rojo-Jones were likely to be second choice (Let that sink in for a moment). Jones is always injured and Rojo being sold means we're still two back-ups away from his ideal preference. That player must be Stones then, hopefully not true.

bucky

Sounds like bollocks.

Mihai

Mourinho likes to have two players for each position. If Smalling-Bailly were to be first choice, Rojo-Jones were likely to be second choice (Let that sink in for a moment). Jones is always injured and Rojo being sold means we're still two back-ups away from his ideal preference. That player must be Stones then, hopefully not true.
Oh, I absolutely forgot they were heavily linked with Stones. Really hope we are not after him, as I think he has at least a big mistake per game (and Mike another!).

Norris

Oh, I absolutely forgot they were heavily linked with Stones. Really hope we are not after him, as I think he has at least a big mistake per game (and Mike another!).
He's decent no doubt, but I think there are better CB's for that kind of price.

Reynoldo

Your dead right, couldn't have the two of them at it.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Agreed. But with the sale of him it'll be one less something wrong. Don't get me wrong there are very few players, if any, i've wanted out the club, but he is one. I've never taken to him, he comes across as a bit of a twat and hes not very good at football. Hes a sauad player at best, and a pretty shit one, i'd rather he was sold so TFM or CBJ can get games.
Rest assured that if he leaves, it won't mean more chances for TFM (who should be in midfield) or CBJ. It will mean playing time for Bailly and whoever else Mourinho decides to buy.

Devil may care

Interesting, I have no faith in Jones or Rojo so I certainly wouldn't mind another CB coming in.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Smalling, Bailly, Blind, and then TFM \ Tuanzebe \ Roshaun battling it out for the fourth spot should be adequate. I see no point in wasting squad space on Rojo or the perma-sicknote Jones.

Due to Jones being from Ingurland and the influx of cash the PL will see this summer we can probably recoup a fairly decent amount for him. I wouldn't put it past a few clubs spending £10-12m on him.

What I outlined above probably won't happen though since Mourinho won't trust Blind, even as a backup for Smalling and Bailly. Also relying as heavily on youth as I outlined probably won't happen.

CM

Stones :nervous:

I don't see that he wouldn't name the player if he had some kind of scoop though. Calling bullshit.

peridigm

True, but money wise Fellaini is the bigger disaster.
I disagree. Fellaini was instrumental in us getting top4 in LVG's first season. Rojo has not been in the squad consistently in his two seasons here. If it was down to keeping one, I'd pick Fellaini every day of the week over Rojo. Rojo is not a great player for us.

Bruno8

Because he is one of LVG's darlings according to some.

LvG was also planning to sell him this summer and giving him game time was basically putting him in the shop window as he would say. Ever since the passport-gate the relationship went south and was not helped by the frequent injuries Rojo got.

On Jones its a bit tricky because we need English players, not just homegrown, in the squad.United is the biggest teamin England and should lead the way in terms of English players whether people like it or not. We cant be another City/Chelsea

Last edited:

MThomas

Figo: In Spain we called Benitez 'píldora para dor
I disagree. Fellaini was instrumental in us getting top4 in LVG's first season. Rojo has not been in the squad consistently in his two seasons here. If it was down to keeping one, I'd pick Fellaini every day of the week over Rojo. Rojo is not a great player for us.
Instrumental ? In no way was he instrumental. He had a couple of great performances, a few good ones, mostly mediocre at best. Considering the money spent on a premier league proven player, he's been a huge disappointment.

pacifictheme

Rest assured that if he leaves, it won't mean more chances for TFM (who should be in midfield) or CBJ. It will mean playing time for Bailly and whoever else Mourinho decides to buy.
Well i can hope.

edit: and to be honest i would be happy wirh bailly or a tbc defender getting eojo's game timw.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Possibly why we're looking for another centre back. That said, I don't think Rojo is that bad for a squad player. He can also cover two positions.
We have enough cover and enough average squad players to cover the left back and centre back position. Rojo is the first player I hope we sell this summer.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Mammana set to join OL from River Plate for about €10m

Lyon rejects Napoli €26m offer for Tolisso.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
What if the new manager doesn't want the players? Maybe they have a new manager and they have talked. Les Reed is probably a good judge if he has been involved with past purchases.
Southampton have that kind of structure which they expect their manager to adhere to. No one gets full control there. But it seems to work for them.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Southampton have that kind of structure which they expect their manager to adhere to. No one gets full control there. But it seems to work for them.
It has, but you wonder if they will fail eventually. The wrong choice of manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.