Summer Transfer Tweets 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
Like the one LvG used at the beginning of his career with us, I think. 3-5-2.

Striker - Striker
AM
CM - CM
WB--------------------WB
CB - CB - CB​
Who will be the two midfielders?

Nicklas

But it seems like Conte is after another CM though, are you guys going to sign Nainggolan?

Bruno8

Still not convinced Pogba is available for sale and 120m is a rip off regardless of talent. What will be the justification of such a massive fee

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
Of your current squad I would think Fabregas and Matic, with Hazard in front of them.
They are too vulnerable in a midfield two and struggles to gain control of the ball. Fabregas needs two energetic runners around him to create space for himself. Matic is too slow to be in a midfield 2. Hazard doesn't do enough defensively to cover them either.

Conte also likes a midfield three and prefers box to box players like Marchisio

saivet

Like the one LvG used at the beginning of his career with us, I think. 3-5-2.

Striker - Striker
AM
CM - CM
WB--------------------WB
CB - CB - CB​
So potentially something like:
Costa, New guy
Hazard
Cuadrado, Matic, Cesc, Willian
Cahill, Zouma, Ivanovic
Not sure this even suits their players. Imagine they will look to bring in another wingback, CM and another CB.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Still not convinced Pogba is available for sale and 120m is a rip off regardless of talent. What will be the justification of such a massive fee
I agree with you and also don't think Pogba has justified his billing so far. Especially when we have seen other players come from the Italian league and bomb with big reputations (cuardado, Jovetic excuse my spelling) but the other side of the coin is Bale and Ronaldo were outrageous at £80m+ but now look like a bargain now. We have to take this kind of punt or something similar like Madrid do (James, Bale, Ronaldo) to safeguard our standing in the game imo. Worst case scenario we can resell him for £50-60m like Di Maria who we incidentally should have kept.

itso 7

I agree with you and also don't think Pogba has justified his billing so far. Especially when we have seen other players come from the Italian league and bomb with big reputations (cuardado, Jovetic excuse my spelling) but the other side of the coin is Bale and Ronaldo were outrageous at £80m+ but now look like a bargain now. We have to take this kind of punt or something similar like Madrid do (James, Bale, Ronaldo) to safeguard our standing in the game imo. Worst case scenario we can resell him for £50-60m like Di Maria who we incidentally should have kept.
The second part is right and more so if you look at the extent big clubs are going to keep their prized assets with them, reasonable fees that many are shouting about won't get you a player that can singlehandedly transform a team - which is what we need or else we have to waste just as much money taking punts on average talent like Herrera and Schneiderlin. We have spent more than a hundred million on Herrera, Schneiderlin, Fellaini and Blind - midfielders that can't even get a spot on our team as we speak so why not just go the distance and get the top quality that we know will transform the team right away?

AndyJ1985

We can't keep claiming to be the biggest club in the world when we can't even sign the best players. Signing Pogba for £100m sends out a statement to the rest of the world. Players will take notice and in future when we get linked with the next superstar, people will be less cynical and pessimistic about our chances of signing them.

Woodward understands the importance of landing a marquee signing. It's not only important for our team, but also to our status and brand value.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Nobody had even heard of Bailley three days before we announced the signing...
And links pointed towards Arsenal for Mkh up until two weeks ago. You pay close attention to your own clubs dealings and all rumours involved.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
So juve sign pjanic and benatia and Alves on huge wages and will ask madrid for morata. Do they have this much money or they accounting for sale of some players.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The second part is right and more so if you look at the extent big clubs are going to keep their prized assets with them, reasonable fees that many are shouting about won't get you a player that can singlehandedly transform a team - which is what we need or else we have to waste just as much money taking punts on average talent like Herrera and Schneiderlin. We have spent more than a hundred million on Herrera, Schneiderlin, Fellaini and Blind - midfielders that can't even get a spot on our team as we speak so why not just go the distance and get the top quality that we know will transform the team right away?
I agree with you! We need to get to the stage of buying a blue chip every 2 years imo but we need 2-3 to help us out just now (Pogba-Zlatan) and hopefully Martial Memphis and others step up to become so called blue chip players.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
So juve sign pjanic and benatia and Alves on huge wages and will ask madrid for morata. Do they have this much money or they accounting for sale of some players.
Haven't they always been a financially stable club?

Woodenlung

Juve are pretty well off these days. A few years ago they may have looked to go for clubs who wanted rid of a player or players nearing the end of their contract, but they're quite flush with cash now. Spent £30 odd million on Dybala last summer and a lot on Mandzukic.

MartialsBeard

Gomes to Barca:

Barcelona out of the Pogba race......Andre Gomes is naturally the next top available ACM (Attacking Central Midfielder) that is available and willing to move.

About Juve Spending:

Juve are financially very stable and could easily afford him and a couple more if they wanted, they have a fantastic squad, winning multiple titles and making it pretty far in the CL giving them cash windfalls and of course they know at some point Pogba will go for a record fee. Essentially operating like United in 2008.

United Pro

Gomes to Barca:

Barcelona out of the Pogba race......Andre Gomes is naturally the next top available ACM (Attacking Central Midfielder) that is available and willing to move.

About Juve Spending:

Juve are financially very stable and could easily afford him and a couple more if they wanted, they have a fantastic squad, winning multiple titles and making it pretty far in the CL giving them cash windfalls and of course they know at some point Pogba will go for a record fee. Essentially operating like United in 2008.
I just can't see Barca spending the 60m euros required to get Gomes. I mean, they've been debating whether to pay the 18m euro release clause of Nolito's for the last 18 months and they still haven't decided if he's worth it.

Hammerfell

I just can't see Barca spending the 60m euros required to get Gomes. I mean, they've been debating whether to pay the 18m euro release clause of Nolito's for the last 18 months and they still haven't decided if he's worth it.
Can they even afford 60m at this point?

The red panther

princess transfer emo
Meunier has a release clause of €6 million, so will be a very cheap transfer for PSG

Always hoped he would move to united

Status
Not open for further replies.