Summer Transfer Window

Giggsy13

First offer for Hojlund was apparently £30 million, tells everyone our budget is probably about £100 million. I’m not expecting a very good summer.

croadyman

First offer for Hojlund was apparently £30 million, tells everyone our budget is probably about £100 million. I’m not expecting a very good summer.
Yeah hard to be optimistic especially seeing him struggle to make impact tonight

Appletonred

IF Qatar indeed are the imminent new owners then given the investment promised I suspect there might be a statement signing, actually would not
rule out Mbappe, but realistically, maybe Neymar/Joao Felix on loan, certainly a new GK, Rabiot, Mount, and a defender.

croadyman

IF Qatar indeed are the imminent new owners then given the investment promised I suspect there might be a statement signing, actually would not
rule out Mbappe, but realistically, maybe Neymar/Joao Felix on loan, certainly a new GK, Rabiot, Mount, and a defender.
Don't think Jassim IF it's him is gonna be in place to make a statement signing this window

L1nk

Not sure how many times it needs to be reported before you understand that even if SJ took over and said here’s 1 billion go spend it, we cannot actually do that. The investment promised is for things like the Stadium and the Infrastructure, it will not affect our summer window this season, even if he had taken over prior to the window

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
by the time the takeover is finalised, I fear it will be too late to invest in new players. we will be lucky to hang on to 4th spot and with out the Champions League we will not attract the calibre of players we need. Sorry if that sounds pessimistic but thats how I feel right now. F*** the Glazers. They are hanging on to get the best possible deal for themselves, have no thoughts about the club or the fans. Just leeches.

Giggsy13

It’s early days but you do get the sense that Arsenal, Newcastle and Liverpool will get their business done early. City also will wake from their end of season celebration and get to business. They’re already being linked to Kovacic and Gvardiol. Last thing we need in yet another pivotal summer is falling behind. It’s a shame that the ownership situation remains unresolved given that clearing the debt may have given the club additional funds to spend or more flexibility in working around FFP.

Last edited:

gaffs

It’s early days but you do get the sense that Arsenal, Newcastle and Liverpool will get their business done early. City also will wake from their end of season celebration and get to business. They’re already being linked to Kovacic and Gvardiol. Last thing we need in yet another pivotal summer is falling behind. It’s a shame that the ownership situation remains unresolved given that clearing the debt may have given the club additional funds to spend or more flexibility in working around FFP.
Not getting the ownership situation sorted is bad.

But competitors look to be taking some of the best players off the table early. Rice, Caicedo, Mac Allister would have all been great fits in our midfield.

And with all the questionable Saudi money coming into Chelsea to help them balance their books, I could see a scenario where they can offer Mount a top salary to keep him. That would be good PR for Boehley and it is said that Pochettino likes him.

gaffs

Not sure how many times it needs to be reported before you understand that even if SJ took over and said here’s 1 billion go spend it, we cannot actually do that. The investment promised is for things like the Stadium and the Infrastructure, it will not affect our summer window this season, even if he had taken over prior to the window
Agree, but i beleive that wiping the debt would help. And who knows that financial gymnastics could be done?

When does the loophole of spreading the transfer fee over the duration of the contract end?

Any who knows what new "sponsorships" from Qatar come in with Jassim?

Nogho

One thing that feels so odd to
me - United isn’t mentioned in every speculation about every player. The last twenty years or so United has been included in more or less every “rumour”.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
When does the loophole of spreading the transfer fee over the duration of the contract end?
Amortization isn't a loophole, it's a basic accounting practice. The "loophole" that Chelsea used was giving long contacts (7 years) to amortize transfer fees over longer periods of time. I believe the new rule which is in effect limits it to 5 years.

Suv666

I know its early days but getting priced out of Kane, Rasmus and Mount does not bode well

soralapio

It’s early days
Is it though? The season kicks off on the 11th of August, 51 days from now. I don't know when United go back into preseason training, but in previous seasons it's been early in July. At this point we'll have zero players by then, and there's every chance we'll have zero by the time the season starts.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I know its early days but getting priced out of Kane, Rasmus and Mount does not bode well
Don't think we are getting priced out of Mount, would be surprised if he isn't done by pre season. Onana too, no reason not to get that done early and hopefully we see progress there over the next 2 weeks. We'll find out more with De Gea by the next 10 days, and I bet we'd find out if we will move forward with Onana at the same time.

CF will drag on though, possibly into the season. We'll wait for Kane until August and if we can't get something to work, only then will we pivot to Hojlund. And that waiting game either makes Atalanta drop their price, or if another team goes in for him tempts us into bidding for him.

Gurtej

Midfield: Mount (50m) plus Rabiot free.

Sell Scott and Fred: 40m total

A much improved midfield with net outlay: 10m

GK: Onana 45m. sell Henderson 25m. Net 20m

DDG:Let go: Save 20m a year on his salary.

buy a back up keeper 15 on 5m salary a year (20m)

Net back up GK: 0

Defender: Last priority, only add if Maquire Leaves (I hope he does). $35m incoming.

Put 20million and get a strong defender:

Net Outlay: 20m net

Striker: Get Harry Kane: 80m plus 10m add ons. We need a striker who can score 25 plus goals…

Sell: Martial (10m), Baily (2m), Elanga (10m), VDB (25m), Brandon Williams (8m). Around 50m

Net outlay: 40m

Total: 90-100m Spend

If have extra money: Buy another MF.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Sell: Martial (10m), Baily (2m), Elanga (10m), VDB (25m), Brandon Williams (8m). Around 50m
The sale prices you listed a realistic and should be easily gettable.
The problem is that the people at our club who negotiate deals are terrible at selling players for any price. They are incompetent.
Selling Martial for £10M should be relatively easy....our club will make it look like they are negotiating the most difficult transfer in the history of football.

Red Rash

The sale prices you listed a realistic and should be easily gettable.
The problem is that the people at our club who negotiate deals are terrible at selling players for any price. They are incompetent.
Selling Martial for £10M should be relatively easy....our club will make it look like they are negotiating the most difficult transfer in the history of football.
Sell: Martial (15m), Baily (5m), Elanga (8m), VDB (15m), Brandon Williams (5m).

I would say these are more realistic

stw2022

So our transfer activities is on pause until after the takeover - a situation that's causing great frustration to ETH - according to the same people who broke the news Chelsea have turned down our £50m bid for Mount.

Nogho

Defender: Last priority, only add if Maquire Leaves (I hope he does). $35m incoming.

Striker: Get Harry Kane: 80m plus 10m add ons. We need a striker who can score 25 plus goals…

This - every one and their dog knows this is the way to make this summer a success. Will
it happend?

…..laughing hysterically…

justsomebloke

This - every one and their dog knows this is the way to make this summer a success. Will
it happend?

…..laughing hysterically…
United's summer windows have always looked easy as long as you assume we sell everyone we want to sell, for a reasonable price. But in practice it never works out that way.

justsomebloke

So our transfer activities is on pause until after the takeover - a situation that's causing great frustration to ETH - according to the same people who broke the news Chelsea have turned down our £50m bid for Mount.
Who knows. But here's another downside: Why would clubs sell to us now, rather than wait and see if they'll be dealing with a club with more money, fewer restraints and a higher willingness to pay later in the window?

Onerealunited

Confirmed departures to date (age in parentheses)

1. Phil Jones (31): Released. Future unknown
  2. Ethan Galbraith (22): Released. Future unknown
  3. Jack Butland (30): End of loan. Player signed with Rangers
  4. Bernard Di’Shon (22): Released. Future unknown
  5. Axel Tuanzebe (25): Released. Future unknown
  6. Zidane Iqbal (20): Sold to FC Utrecth. Expected transfer fee about €1m
Total income: €1m

croadyman

So how we getting Kane fee down to £80m,also might want to put £5m onto Mount fee

Banana Republic

There’s some really over optimistic ideas of how much we could raise from the sale of certain players.
Elanga and Williams have had hardly any game time and have ceased to look like prospects; while Bailly won’t fetch much from the sort of clubs who might take him on.
You’re looking at bargain basement prices there, especially as it’s more a case of us wanting to offload, rather than club’s clamouring to snap them up. If we get more than £5m for all three, we’d be lucky.

Then you have DVB, who’s had a long injury and has failed to make any sort of mark with Utd, over the last 3 seasons, being invisible for much of that time..
His value will have plummeted.
The same for Martial, who has an appalling injury record over many seasons, has clearly demonstrated a consistent lack of desire, passion, commitment and energy. Who’s going to be champing at the bit to sign him on?
We are going to have to accept very low valuations, just to get both of them off the books.

We could be looking at around no more than £30m for all 5 players.
That’s if we can even shift them.
McT, Henderson, Maguire and Sancho hold the best value, if we are looking to raise funds and make room in the wage bill, for new signings.

Meanwhile, Chelsea have already raised well over £100m in sales, with a couple more (including Mount), also likely to leave for good money.

Last edited:

bosskeano

Certainly appears as if Mount will be the first signing of the window....not what i expected

L1nk

Certainly appears as if Mount will be the first signing of the window....not what i expected
As I said in another thread I doubt he would be if not for the fact timing is crucial in the matter to take advantage of Chelsea's situation here in order to get him, we usually take ages to get a transfer done as it is, and consider the fact Chelsea need to sell before the end of the month and would likely not accept the first offer and need to be negotiated with... seems kinda obvious why he's the first one

Cantonagotmehere

Any news on Maguire leaving? Is the only reason he would stay is because he is worried about a wage cut somewhere else? I have no idea why else he would stay.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I'm really curious to hear people s thoughts on what shock/didn't see that coming transfer we re gonna pull out of our ass this time. Feels like we re always good for one.

Lost bear

there's no real denying that mount is technically a very good player but are his defensive duties good enough for what we need? we can't continue to allow Casemiro to be the lone defender in the midfield

to me this is just bringing in a younger version of Eriksen
A younger version of Eriksen sounds pretty good to me.

bosskeano

As I said in another thread I doubt he would be if not for the fact timing is crucial in the matter to take advantage of Chelsea's situation here in order to get him, we usually take ages to get a transfer done as it is, and consider the fact Chelsea need to sell before the end of the month and would likely not accept the first offer and need to be negotiated with... seems kinda obvious why he's the first one
true....they need this done by the end of june to counter the fiscal year spending spree he went on and this one is even more important b/c he's considered a home grown player

A younger version of Eriksen sounds pretty good to me.
I don't have an issue iwth signing Mount at all, he's technically a very good player. It's the amount due to the years left on his contract

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
In

Onana £40m
Backup £10m
Mount £50m
Rabiot £0
Guehi/ Tomori £30m
Kane £80m
Hojlund £40m

£250m

Out

Maguire £30m
McTominay £30m
Fred £20m
Elanga £10m
Henderson £30m
Others £30m

£150m

Last edited:

Unam333

ffs....can we really get close to 20m for Fred?
He's 30. Maybe he's willing to go to the Saudi League. I think we can even fetch 40m for him. He's a trophy winning United player, that must mean something in Saudi Arabia?