Sunday Supplement (2018 and Beyond)

Nero

We need a clip of the Colin Bell remark, the silence was golden after it
I also liked his rolling eyes "I'd rather not" reply to the suggestion he should have a read of Michael Owen's column.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
I enjoyed a comment this morning - Does anyone think Yaya Toure went to City because he saw Colin Bell playing?! Ha Ha !

Spoony

The People's President
The other guys abolsutely hate that Neil Custis is defending United/Jose and were coming out with comments introducing him as ‘Jose Nr 1 Fan Neil Custis’, asking if Jose text him on the advert break, and they even asked him straight up why he is defending United/Jose so much. What a pathetic question to ask anyone and why should it even matter.

Anyway, fair play to Neil for gong against the grain. He certainly held his own today against the Pep fan boys and shot a lot of their comments down.

Ahh attacking the person and not his arguments. Happens when folk lose debates.

muller

Oliver Holt is a thundercnut.
Wouldn't know if that's still the case. He blocked me long ago for exposing how fecking clueless he was when he was talking about the NFL. If you think he's anti UNited, you should see him talk about the Patriots.

Litch

Great viewing and I've been watching the same shite when SAF was here. The hatred of Utd amongst the London press plus now Jose is Man Utd manager, just compounds it. Rich mans Stoke, fecking piss taker.....

SteveW

I know many here are not a big fan of this show but my oh my, what a heated debate between custis and Oliver holt ...

Is Oliver Holt on Abu Media's payroll ?

Not sure what he's usually like but Oliver Holt is one of the few who's said were getting a great deal for Sanchez and that the club should be applauded for pulling it off. He also said we're still a great club and its not just about money for Sanchez.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Holt came across so bad! Some of his comments :houllier:
“Rich mans stoke”
“No ambition”
Likes goals so prefer to watch spurs (we’ve scored more)
12 points behind because umm we were defensive at anfield.

The guys a joke, to be fair Custis tied him up.

I don’t even know what to say about that other blokes comment about it being a back door deal

Litch

A joke of a show that makes these irrelevant twats think they're important.
Agree 100% but are very, very dangerous as these comments do have some influence if nothing but on perception which somehow taints anything positive.....you can see it even with people's views on here.

Jacko21

Agree 100% but are very, very dangerous as these comments do have some influence if nothing but on perception which somehow taints anything positive.....you can see it even with people's views on here.
Yeah agree with this - however irrelevant you think football writers and sports columnists are, there are plenty of football fans who take their opinion as red.

You can always tell when a mate is just reciting opinion he’s heard on TV and radio and passing it off as his own.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Not watching but what's the lack of ambition about?

Smores

Yeah agree with this - however irrelevant you think football writers and sports columnists are, there are plenty of football fans who take their opinion as red.

You can always tell when a mate is just reciting opinion he’s heard on TV and radio and passing it off as his own.
It happens on here all the time, the language and wording follows whats written and it spreads. Describing this transfer as 'desperate' is one I've seen in last couple of days.

Litch

Influence a lot more than some will acknowledge. The irony is we look to the very same idiots for updates on signings like Sanchez....not sure why I'm surprised how little they actually know. I think we shouldn't forget the historical gutter of the media in how they have reported about football fans. I've watched the media and the level of negativity towards Utd even by ex Utd players is on a level I can't remember even when we were winning everything.....wear it was vailed, like this programme it's now just blatant....

Needham

Tabloid minds tabloid agendas tabloid rhetoric. And they're fat

Edit. Apologies about the fat remark. Think I meant they somehow strike me as mentally shiftless.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Finding it hard to believe fat boy Custis is a Newcastle fan. Perhaps he's a Mourinho fan more than anything related to Manchester United.

Mister_Stubbs

God that Ollie Holt is your typical Pep loving wanker isn’t he.. has he taken tips from ballbag? Praising a guy who lost 4-3 at Anfield.. a place that for us is always tough to go no matter what sort of form Liverpool are in but slaughtering Jose who got a point which by the way.. Sir Alex was always happy to come away from there with.

kps88

Always thought this was a terrible idea for a show.

Castia

Holt fecking hates United. Have a look at his Twitter he just criticize United almost on a daily basis.

He's from Stockport....I wonder why he loves Man City.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Fat boy Custis sounds like a disgruntled United supporting member of this forum.

Snafu17

Christ I hate the actual concept of this show. Throw a few awful journalist/shit stirrers who work for even worse newspapers and let them talk about the news. There's as much insight in this program as it is in ArsenalFanTV, the only difference between the two being that this one somehow managed to get on actual TV and is probably made on a higher budget. It just helps the growth of the ever growing entitlement and arrogance that the journos seem to have for some ridiculous reason. They really shouldn't have this kind of platform to voice their surprisingly uninformed opinions.

Bunch of wankers wanking themselves off.

In this particular one Custis seem the only reasonable one but that's presumably because it's easy to defend an argument that makes sense particularly against something that you could only find sensible if you hit your head into a wall about twenty times.

Last edited:

Speedicut75

Finding it hard to believe fat boy Custis is a Newcastle fan. Perhaps he's a Mourinho fan more than anything related to Manchester United.[/QUOT
He's had his issues with UTD in the past, but became close to the club at the end of SAF's reign. He was critical of Moyes when in charge, and had a very public spat with Van Gaal, which resulted in the Dutchman addressing him as "fat man" in pressers. But of late Custis has been one of the few journalists, in the tabloid world, that has maintained a neutral stance where UTD are concerned, and has resisted click-baiting his content, unlike Ashton & Holt who look increasingly like mardy teenagers in need of a hug.

Speedicut75

Holt fecking hates United. Have a look at his Twitter he just criticize United almost on a daily basis.

He's from Stockport....I wonder why he loves Man City.
I thinks he's from Alderley Edge ( v much posher than Stockport ), but will often pass himself off as a Stockport County fan in order to gain some form of common man credibility. On one Sunday Supplement many years ago he said he supported both UTD & City, which gives you some idea of what a disingenuous poser he is.
BTW, I'm from Stockport, via Hattersley, so I've lived behind enemy lines for many years but there still are some pockets of resistance in the local area; it's like what they say about the rat population: "you're never five feet away from one" ( this is actually what the Romiley native Jason Manford said about UTD supporters living in Manchester.)

C'est Moi Cantona

I'm sure Curtis will be 'fed' some nice bits of info again in the summer. I didn't like the way Aston managed to get away with that 'turncoat' article he wrote the other day, most deluded, biased, and agenda driven piece I've read in a long time.

Vilev

I actually feel "Rich man's Stoke" is a very fair assessment of our current style. In some games we do rise above it, sure, but generally speaking, that where we currently are. Sure some people would take offence in that. But if i'm honest i would love for MU to show more ambition, zest in attack even if that meant getting less points.
Since Mourinho came we have not lost at Anfield, but those dire 0-0's for me are more embarrassing than most of our losses there under SAF.