Stadium of Light

Kick-off
Sun, 24 August 2014 @ 4:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Live Updates 48 Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.
    How come Sunderland has been so confident! If our team wants to win, we need to be more composed. Why is nervous?
    Because we don't scare teams anymore, would you be scared of the likes of Fletcher. Cleverley, Smalling, Young, Jones, etc?

Cleverley's defending that lead to that corner and then Valencia's 'marking' on Rodwell :lol:

It's just fecking shocking. Just promote the youth, it doesn't matter if they're not up for it yet, a bag of shit laying in the middle of the park would be better than the two that play today there.

It really is hilarious seeing Smalling's expression when he has the ball. 'Quick, somebody, offer yourself! Now! I want this ball away from me! Seriously, I do NOT want this ball!'

I'm sorry but I really don't get what others see in him. The guy is not a footballer, he just isn't.

33 min

Rooney brought down 25 yards from goal, shooting chance for United.
    Someone tell Ed to buy some defenders. They can be cheap but as long as they are actual defenders so we're not playing players in positions they can't play in.

When Mata's not controlling the ball then you know it's going to be a long day

Well 6 of his first 10 passes were positive forward passes but people are only waiting to comment when he gets something wrong. Its quite amazing how blind people can be when mob mentality kicks in.
    So a few forward passes make it ok for him to turn the ball over repeatedly, commit fouls, and look generally lost? For what other player would you cite 6/10 forward passes as being an overlooked positive? A forward pass isn't something special to be cited as an example a player doing well. It's a bloody normal thing any footballer should do but because cleverly is so consistently rubbish and afraid of positive play it's now something to cite...

34 min

Rooney takes it and it's wide.
    We should start playing on the counter.

Teams don't fear us any more and are more than willing to come out and attack us.

It's not just the formation though. There are at least five players on the pitch who are nowhere near goo enough to get us to the level we want to be. We're so far behind our rivals in terms of squad strength.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 459 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Sunderland win
  • Draw