g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Television Supergirl

Sylar

I think it’s that she dreams the future no? Where did she learn to fight is my big question. Or does she have an amazing memory and can recall her dream to no where and when the punches are coming.
Yeah thats what I mean. Granted her first fight was basically a leadpipe, but im guessing her fighting ability comes from Brainy eventually. I feel like this might have all been explained but it seems like ages ago since the last episode, and then a 5 week break before that. Its just got no flow at all and I feel like im forgetting stuff that I would know if I binged this.

Andersons Dietician

Yeah thats what I mean. Granted her first fight was basically a leadpipe, but im guessing her fighting ability comes from Brainy eventually. I feel like this might have all been explained but it seems like ages ago since the last episode, and then a 5 week break before that. Its just got no flow at all and I feel like im forgetting stuff that I would know if I binged this.
I suppose it’s possible that she has been training all her life and can handle herself but I’m sure at some point it was basically pointed out that she sees the future and knows what is coming.

I think there was even like a memory scene before or during that fight but I totally get what you mean as i’d Totally forgotten what was up with The Patriot it and even why he was in jail.

The weird out of sequence from the other shows as well.

Sylar

Ive liked the addition of Elite, and Menagerie has been good (just a shame she was captured and pretty much non existent for the ep).

Also dont care for James being shot as much as they probably want us to. Hoping hes not given Lenas superpower thingy to make him a superhero full time. Hes better as a photographer it seems.

Mia in training is great.

Sylar

Kid you not, Jon Cryer was fantastic as Luthor especially compared to that turd we got in BvS from Jesse.E.
It was sickly and cold in a way that probably will make him the best villain this show has had (And thats after one episode). You could see where they were going but it still delivered well imo.

One of the better episodes in a while.

Andersons Dietician

Kid you not, Jon Cryer was fantastic as Luthor especially compared to that turd we got in BvS from Jesse.E.
It was sickly and cold in a way that probably will make him the best villain this show has had (And thats after one episode). You could see where they were going but it still delivered well imo.

One of the better episodes in a while.
I’m watching this right now and felt compelled to come on here and say the exact same thing. Only half way through the episode and he is already 10x better than that Jesse.E rubbish we were subjected to.

This and the Flash didn’t suck this week. Actually seem pretty decent.

Sylar

I’m watching this right now and felt compelled to come on here and say the exact same thing. Only half way through the episode and he is already 10x better than that Jesse.E rubbish we were subjected to.

This and the Flash didn’t suck this week. Actually seem pretty decent.
I seriously though, how could Alan fckin Harper be Luthor.
It has a feel of Hal becoming Walter White.

Wont spoilt it but the ending was just hilariously great.

Andersons Dietician

I seriously though, how could Alan fckin Harper be Luthor.
It has a feel of Hal becoming Walter White.

Wont spoilt it but the ending was just hilariously great.
I see what you mean, was kinda funny. Still a bit too goofy for my tastes especially when compared to Rosenbaum who was such a good Lex.

Still think Lena is the best thing about this show, she seems like an intresting character and someone you actually want to see and follow her arc. The rest are just blue and has there ever been a good Martian man hunter story arc on this show.

Sylar

I dont know if it was always planned or done half way through and they decided to basically do a flashback to cover it for this episode...

But introducing lex was brilliant and has turned this season from okish to so much fantastic fun (especially concerning other villainous characters)

Cryer is nailing the role which I never thought would happen. The writing for him is fun as it still keeps the comically insane villainous parts (eg the court room scene ) as well as the master manipulator

Also the red daughter story has been done well. Not just a standard evil Supergirl but one who ultimately is good but is being manipulated.

I do like they made mention to lex name being similar to Alex as well

Sylar

Just as the show gets going another fckin break for a month. Fckin annoying shit.

The run of episodes since Lex debuted has been great. And even this current episode without Lex had focus with Lex manipulating and controlling everything.

Sylar

Last few episodes have been good. Just a shame we had to suffer through the season to get to that.
Yeah. The introduction of lex has given the show some focus on an overall badguy

Getting saved by Supergirl then saying why did you destroy the white house and running away made me laugh though

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I can't get the image of Jon Cryer looking like David Spade out of my head, it really confused me at first.

Cryer has been excellent though, what a totally different look/role to what we know him for!

Sylar

So, having caught up, its the best season of the whole run. I think the main part is due to the arcs of the villains, with Red daughter appearing, along with Manchester Black (but him just being for MM) and of course Agent Liberty, but them all being pawns for the real villain, Lex. Even to the end, hes still sinister as he was to his sister.

The big thing going for it next season is the reveal to Lena.

I can see all three CW shows had Monitor show up leading to the Crisis.

Sylar

Done away with the skirt and given her trousers. New suit looks pretty cool. Wynn will be distraught though.
Yeah, I like the new look. Given the number of upgrades we see for Flash and Arrow, I think its a good time for Kara to get one.

Also that punch at the end. Cant wait for more Lena (not involving Olson)

Andersons Dietician

Yeah, I like the new look. Given the number of upgrades we see for Flash and Arrow, I think its a good time for Kara to get one.

Also that punch at the end. Cant wait for more Lena (not involving Olson)
I mean we know why they’ve obviously given her trousers... But I do hope Lena kicks her ass all over the shop actually just let Lena win please.

Sylar

I mean we know why they’ve obviously given her trousers... But I do hope Lena kicks her ass all over the shop actually just let Lena win please.
I reckon tech Lena will be a Lex upgrade in terms of ability to outdo Supergirl. Theyve invested far more in her than Lex so can see it being something big.

Sylar

Not sure if you watched any of it. I saw the first episode. I thought it was going well, in terms of:

Kara telling Lena pretty much straight away. But I thought the ending was a bit ... meh.
Lena hates Kara for betraying her, because she found out first before being told? I thought it was a bit rushed in terms of I think it got from A to B really quickly, with no signs of her going to that destination from the last episode of last season finding out to pretty much wanting to end Kara.

Andersons Dietician

Not sure if you watched any of it. I saw the first episode. I thought it was going well, in terms of:

Kara telling Lena pretty much straight away. But I thought the ending was a bit ... meh.
Lena hates Kara for betraying her, because she found out first before being told? I thought it was a bit rushed in terms of I think it got from A to B really quickly, with no signs of her going to that destination from the last episode of last season finding out to pretty much wanting to end Kara.
I’ve sort of watched the first few episodes of the season but honestly I’ve not really paid attention to it.

Sylar

I’ve sort of watched the first few episodes of the season but honestly I’ve not really paid attention to it.
Thats worrying :lol: I think im trying to keep up with most of these (even though so far behind) due to any link with Crisis crossover

Andersons Dietician

Thats worrying :lol: I think im trying to keep up with most of these (even though so far behind) due to any link with Crisis crossover
Yeah that’s the only reason I have been watching them but after that and Arrow finishes just going to wash my hands of them. Bar Arrow they are all terrible now.

Edit: Legends is something different from all these and should probably just distance itself from the lot.

peanuthead

Currently watching episode 6 and tbh i don't even watch it per say. I mostly be on my phone while its going and just occasionally look up at my laptop. I'm just watching it so I won't be lost when the crossover starts.

Amir

I think Alex's lesbian lover affairs are about the worst thing on television right now. Having said that,

I'm happy that Supergirl now knows Lena has been using her. I feared that it would stretch for most of the season

Sylar

SO finally watched this. This show was actually ok for the most part post crisis as it somewhat had a little reboot, and the finale was actually fun to watch. Having Lex being there all the time defo helped.

Looks like next season, will be completely Lex and Lilian as the villains which ill be good with. Lena doing a face turn, Alex with her new vigilante supersuit. All good.

Still think they under use martian manhunter though.