Television Supergirl

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
3 world killers together at last.

Didnt even realise Amy Jackson was british and left for bollywood. Shes got a great voice though.
Very strange that a white lass from Liverpool has become the biggest Bollywood star in the world. Smoking hot though.

Andersons Dietician

A lot of political trigger words in that last episode of SG. Bump stocks, assault rifles. “asaault rifle for hunting”

Was in general a rubbish episode and this series is just taking a massive nose dive off a cliff.

Get rid of Mon’el, get rid of Jimmy, get rid of what’s his faces dad and get back to her fighting crime and so on.

Sylar

Yeah, im not sure what SG is doing. This was a weird placement for an episode. And the episode itself was a bit nuts. I get they want to tackle world issues but that should be a middle of the season episode not when its coming to the end. And especially when its in the same episode that Kara goes home (and hardly has any scenes with her mum).

The show has kinda painted itself into a corner with stuff (which might be seen as little but still).
Like part of Krypton has survived - has Superman been told this? Where is he anyway?
And why was Lena throwing Kara a going away party? lol. Maybe she will put 2 and 2 together and realise Supergirl is also gone haha

Unfortunately this season was so damn strong, and just turned overall into... meh which is a shame. Their focus should have been more on the worldkiller stuff. I think this is another case of having too many eps to fill.

Andersons Dietician

Yeah, im not sure what SG is doing. This was a weird placement for an episode. And the episode itself was a bit nuts. I get they want to tackle world issues but that should be a middle of the season episode not when its coming to the end. And especially when its in the same episode that Kara goes home (and hardly has any scenes with her mum).

The show has kinda painted itself into a corner with stuff (which might be seen as little but still).
Like part of Krypton has survived - has Superman been told this? Where is he anyway?
And why was Lena throwing Kara a going away party? lol. Maybe she will put 2 and 2 together and realise Supergirl is also gone haha

Unfortunately this season was so damn strong, and just turned overall into... meh which is a shame. Their focus should have been more on the worldkiller stuff. I think this is another case of having too many eps to fill.
Yeah if I recall it had a few meh episodes at the start then got really good and now steaming pile of turd.

On the plus side anyone watch Soccer aid, David Harewood, The Martian Manhunter was a rock in the goal during that penalty shoot out. Saved 2 I think and got within a ball hairs width of getting to Usain Bolts pen.

Sylar

Yeah if I recall it had a few meh episodes at the start then got really good and now steaming pile of turd.

On the plus side anyone watch Soccer aid, David Harewood, The Martian Manhunter was a rock in the goal during that penalty shoot out. Saved 2 I think and got within a ball hairs width of getting to Usain Bolts pen.
I like David Harewoods. Its always odd hearing him talk in interviews and going 'oh yeah, british...'

Yeah, the season started slow, but I didnt mind as it was clearly building Reign (I think?).
but still, you cant introduce Superman and then not use him. I dont know if the studio has been told stop cos of the movies. But its a different entity so it should be allowed.

Sylar

Think we had a better episode this week which sets up the finale.
Guessing MM dad dies next week.
Guessing one or both of Sam and Reign die. (Both seems possible) - which leaves the kid with no parents until Alex adopts her.
And probably 2 of the 3 krypton witches (if not all three)

Andersons Dietician

Think we had a better episode this week which sets up the finale.
Guessing MM dad dies next week.
Guessing one or both of Sam and Reign die. (Both seems possible) - which leaves the kid with no parents until Alex adopts her.
And probably 2 of the 3 krypton witches (if not all three)
Yeah it was pretty good.
That Alex adopting that kid storyline is basically like a large blinking neon sign, so surely Sam is going to die, has to really.

I had almost given up on this show but that episode has kind of pulled me back in.

Sylar

I wish they would address the big godlike elephant in the universe, that is Superman instead of ignoring his existence.
Like what is he doing?
Why doesnt he want to stop Worldkillers
What is his thoughts on a piece of Krypton still being there and his aunt being alive
What does he think of his best friend being Guardian

I guess Superman isnt being used cos of the DCCU and they probably decided not to let them use it again. Possibly?
Annoying stuff even if there are restrictions

Yeah it was pretty good.
That Alex adopting that kid storyline is basically like a large blinking neon sign, so surely Sam is going to die, has to really.

I had almost given up on this show but that episode has kind of pulled me back in.
Hoping for a fantastic finale.

Andersons Dietician

I wish they would address the big godlike elephant in the universe, that is Superman instead of ignoring his existence.
Like what is he doing?
Why doesnt he want to stop Worldkillers
What is his thoughts on a piece of Krypton still being there and his aunt being alive
What does he think of his best friend being Guardian

I guess Superman isnt being used cos of the DCCU and they probably decided not to let them use it again. Possibly?
Annoying stuff even if there are restrictions

Hoping for a fantastic finale.
Yeah, although wasn’t the DCU underway before he showed up on the show. I know previously they have banned use of Harley Quinn and she was cut out from an arrow episode after it had already aired, and supposedly Gotham can’t use the name Joker either. So maybe you’re right, but it does seem very very strange.
Was a bit of a rubbish idea and they pinned themselves in to a corner, not to mention didn’t they effectively make it that supergirl was stronger and better having kicked his ass.

Everything DC is just ruined at the moment, except DC Legends.

Big Andy

Bloke
Yeah, although wasn’t the DCU underway before he showed up on the show. I know previously they have banned use of Harley Quinn and she was cut out from an arrow episode after it had already aired, and supposedly Gotham can’t use the name Joker either. So maybe you’re right, but it does seem very very strange.
Was a bit of a rubbish idea and they pinned themselves in to a corner, not to mention didn’t they effectively make it that supergirl was stronger and better having kicked his ass.

They should have a shared Universe, like Marvel...so Flash in the films is also Flash on the Telly...granted that would be much harder to do, keeping up filming schedules for TV and Film together...

Sylar

Yeah, its all very strange.
I was surprised when Superman showed up initially thinking that was a no no
But then there were rumours that DCU wanted Superman not to be used as people might get confused - same with Suicide Squad and HQ.
But then you have Flash in both universes anyway.

Yeah, they made a point that Superman wasnt holding back and still got defeated by Supergirl. I had no issues with that given this is a Supergirl show and you need your main hero being the strong one.
They should just kill Superman in this universe if needed (esp as its Multiverse) so they can always bring back another Superman if allowed haha.
Good way to build a villain too.

Sylar

They should have a shared Universe, like Marvel...so Flash in the films is also Flash on the Telly...granted that would be much harder to do, keeping up filming schedules for TV and Film together...
Think given how much DCCU is such a fck up, I can never imagine that working.
Its difficult as it is for Marvel as its a one way system where the TV shows mention the movies but movies dont mention whats happening the shows.
Adds restriction too.

I think having them separate is the right call as they can just say its part of the multiverse and never cross.

Arrowverse is struggling at the moment. They need less episodes imo or to do what AoS did and split a season into arcs to make it more manageable and have less filler.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Think given how much DCCU is such a fck up, I can never imagine that working.
Its difficult as it is for Marvel as its a one way system where the TV shows mention the movies but movies dont mention whats happening the shows.
Adds restriction too.

I think having them separate is the right call as they can just say its part of the multiverse and never cross.

Arrowverse is struggling at the moment. They need less episodes imo or to do what AoS did and split a season into arcs to make it more manageable and have less filler.
Yeah that's been the reality of it in my head. I also default to the position that Superman is off-world when all this shit is happening. They should probably make some kind of mention of it though given that they'll namedrop 'Clark' at the most innocuous moments.

I'd also like to see them try the AoS approach of multi-arc seasons. The last few seasons of AoS have been fantastic as a result of this approach (particularly S04).

Sandyman

That was a clusterfeck of a finale. Wish they did a story line sending the whole team to the future to help the Legion. Going to miss Winn and John. What is it with the Arrowverse superheros messing with the timeline? The ending though :drool:

Andersons Dietician

At least we know where Superman is now. Madagascar. Skipper, Kowalski, Rico and Private probably giving him a hard time.

Episode was all over the place

Last edited:

Drifter

American
This as got to be the worst season so far. And the writers know it.Not sure where this is going for season four.

Amir

Like one of the blogs said, they realised they fecked up the season so the finale dealt a little with wrapping up season 3's stories and focused on clearing, adding and building for season 4.

Frankly, I liked it better when they were all dead. Ah yes, and Supergirl's childish 'I don't kill!' was vindicated. Baah.

Kostur

海尔的老板
The whole season was good but the ending was one big what the feck. It's almost as if they realised the season's come to an end and they're lacking like 2-3 episodes so they throw it all in the last episode and pray nobody notices.

Big Andy

Bloke
That was a clusterfeck of a finale. Wish they did a story line sending the whole team to the future to help the Legion. Going to miss Winn and John. What is it with the Arrowverse superheros messing with the timeline? The ending though :drool:
Winn will be in it next season in a recurring role, but Brainiac has been promoted to season regular...pretty sure Martian dude will also still be in it too...

Sandyman

Looking at the trailer, hope they don't focus too much on sending out a political message but instead stick to the plot.

Sylar

Looking at the trailer, hope they don't focus too much on sending out a political message but instead stick to the plot.
Yeah, agreeing with this. I get they wanna do that, but I think those should be middling episodes rather than main arcs.

I like the looks of the trailer though. It was well done despite a lot of previous footage. The music used was lovely.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Just when I thought I was safe from football talk they're even talking about gegenpressing and sweeper keepers on fecking Supergirl.

Andersons Dietician

Just when I thought I was safe from football talk they're even talking about gegenpressing and sweeper keepers on fecking Supergirl.
That was a little weird, kinda out of nowhere.

The girl that Kara is the mentor for, she is going to be the vehicle for their political message this season about equality and acceptance, hopefully instead of just focusing on sending a message across they concentrate on producing good episodes and stories. Always feel that with SG it’s political message first quality of product second.

Sandyman

That was a little weird, kinda out of nowhere.

The girl that Kara is the mentor for, she is going to be the vehicle for their political message this season about equality and acceptance, hopefully instead of just focusing on sending a message across they concentrate on producing good episodes and stories. Always feel that with SG it’s political message first quality of product second.
Yeah I had hoped they would cut down on the political message but the theme of this season seems to be humans vs aliens and anti-alien sentiment. Looks like this will be the driving factor until evil Supergirl takes centre stage.

Sylar

I don't mind them going the xmen route
Tbh the villains have been mostly a let down on this show

I did enjoy that episode, and hopefully we never see guardian again.

That girl she's a mentor for ...

That's gonna be the TG superhero right?

Sandyman

Reign was quite bad ass.

Regarding the spoiler, yup, that's the one.

Sandyman

Also, they have been teasing Lena going to the dark side quite a lot, it wouldn't surprise me if it finally happens this season.

Andersons Dietician

Yeah that was Alice Minero I think her name is, I wonder what superhero she’ll play or if that even really is the story they will go with

Sylar

Reign was quite bad ass.

Regarding the spoiler, yup, that's the one.
Reign i think they ruined towards the end.
Yeah that was Alice Minero I think her name is, I wonder what superhero she’ll play or if that even really is the story they will go with
I think I know
Dreamer/Nura Nal. Dont know too much about the character - only bits ive read since the casting.

Andersons Dietician

Reign i think they ruined towards the end.

I think I know
Dreamer/Nura Nal. Dont know too much about the character - only bits ive read since the casting.
Never heard of her :lol:

I did read that at some point in this season and for the crossover they will introduce
Lois Lane
wonder who they are going to cast for that.

Sylar

Glad they didnt. I like how the show's have cast relatively unknown people and theyve done a good job with it.

peanuthead

I think Agent Liberty is gonna be the best villain by far in this series. Knowing what this show tries to promote and their agendas they need to make Supergirl physically and mentally stronger, my god almost every fight she gets her ass handed to her which is weird considering one of her strengths is superhuman strength.

Andersons Dietician

That’s her on the right, I found her instagram as well where she has posted a lot of stuff from the set of the
Flash