Support David Moyes thread

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
"I would like to remind you this club stood by me in bad times, the players and the staff," he said.

"Your job now is to stand by the new manager."

Discuss.
Our job is also not to stand by Fergie's ego forever. Enough is enough. It's not likely that results are going to improve. He is losing the dressing room. He needs to get the feck out.

Bojan11

Will not support him and don't care what SAF says. SAF wanted O'Neil to replace him back in 2002.

I hope if Moyes does go. We do not let SAF or Bobby decide who is going to replace him.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Honestly I don't care neither of Moyes nor of our results.

If he's able to get us 4th place then well and good. If not then he should be kicked out whether Fergie likes it or not. The champions shouldnt be at 7th place after spending over 60m.

Ixion

He is unproven at this level and has no experience winning trophies. He isn't some up and coming young manager, we hired a 50 year old who should be the finished product, he's out of his depth and learning on the job and there is no gurantee he will ever be good enough. The things he comes out with he really is our Hodgson.

Duffy

Who needs races when you're racist?
I'm still behind him, some of the shit that's happening on that pitch is beyond explanation and well beyond his control. A bit of luck goes a long way and Moyes has had feck all since day 1.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
I will say this, though: Fergie's endorsement or not, you can bet your bottom dollar the Glazers have had the "Sack him?" conversation. More than once, too.

I'd be interested to hear Sir Bobby's honest opinion on Moyes. Did he really feel he was the stand-out candidate for the job, or did Ferguson lobby hard for it?

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Still standing.

I will say it is looking grim, but I have faith in the senior management of the club, that they have a long term view of things, and they won't be bothered too much by minor perturbations. 2 years.
Minor? The loss of £35m in revenue next season is not minor.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
I think some people would love to but today may have been a step too far for most. The key thing for me now is whether the current players believe in him and if we continue like this will the players we're trying to attract want to come and help rebuild next season? That has got to be a big concern going forwards.

Getsme

Honestly I don't care neither of Moyes nor of our results.

If he's able to get us 4th place then well and good. If not then he should be kicked out whether Fergie likes it or not. The champions shouldnt be at 7th place after spending over 60m.
Then he should be off
We aren't getting fourth, not a chance in hell

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
RvP, Rooney, Mata, Januzaj, Chich and co. at your disposal and all he can come up with is sling it into the box in hope 82 times? staggered.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I could support Moyes if he changed his staff and stopped running the training sessions, Fitness is not the issue...its ball control, running laps is not going to help this!!!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Sacking him now is no help to anyone as 4th is out. So we make a decision then.

This season however is unacceptable. Did anybody see us struggling to this degree? I very very much doubt that if you told any United fan that they'd be in this position at the start of the season they would have said "Its OK, its his first year". I'm convinced the vast majority would say he should be gone if that was the case.
Actually this would probably be the best time to change managers. The season is done at the start of February. The new manager would have almost half a year until the transfer window starts so he can decide who we wants, what changes we need and we can start implementing a new style and go through the transition until the end of the season, and then start challenging for things next season.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Then he should be off
We aren't getting fourth, not a chance in hell
I dont care if its unreasonable or not. ANY manager should be able to take the champions to 4th place especially when he was allowed to spend over 60m.

My patience is already at breaking point. The support is there but what we're producing defies all logic. It's hard to think how this season could have gone worse and Moyes has to take a lot of blame for that.

He surely has to realise what our problems have been and to stop repeating them. The number of crosses in this game were laughable. Where's the identity in our play, where's the fighting spirit? If he's lost the supporters in the stands then that will pressure the board to act. I don't know how much more they can take of this.

johnmufc

I will continue to support Manchester United Football Club, not David Moyes.

This means I will continue to support the players who have proven their worth to this club time and time again.

The problem is Moyes.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Sacking him now is no help to anyone as 4th is out. So we make a decision then.
Like I said in a different thread, I actually think that this would be the ideal time to let Moyes go.

The season is a writeoff, so the results become secondary. It should be about transition and progression at this point. Bring him someone new with a clear idea of the game, so he can use the reminder of the season to install said idea without pressure. It hardly can get worse than it is now.

LARulz

Actually this would probably be the best time to change managers. The season is done at the start of February. The new manager would have almost half a year until the transfer window starts so he can decide who we wants, what changes we need and we can start implementing a new style and go through the transition until the end of the season, and then start challenging for things next season.
Only reason I say it won't help is because I have no idea who we could get right now mid season. We want a big name now/someone proven, and they (unless I'm missing somebody) are not available now

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
The only thing Moyes improved is, the number of crosses we do in each game. He's got to go.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
Running out of reasons to support him. We have top class players are we are playing shite one dimensional football.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Like I said in a different thread, I actually think that this would be the ideal time to let Moyes go.

The season is a writeoff, so the results become secondary. It should be about transition and progression at this point. Bring him someone new with a clear idea of the game, so he can use the reminder of the season to install said idea without pressure. It hardly can get worse than it is now.
You don't get a great range of managers able to start in February.

Revan

Assumptionman
My loyalties are to the club, not to a manager, a director or a player.

Moyes is the worst manager to have managed a top team in the last 10 years (yes, even worse than Hodgson). For the good of the club he should be sacked ASAP. Or the consequences of our retardness will be very big.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I support him. I don't see what more he could have done today other than playing himself in cb instead of Vidic.

Moyes has done some things wrong (which I hope he learns from, and change things, given time) but he's also had rotten luck.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
But is there any concrete reason to back Moyes right now, other than because Fergie told us to? Is there anything that can back up the supporting of Moyes other than "he needs time"? Anyone who is pro-Moyes, are you expecting some sort of lightbulb moment, where Moyes just clicks and realises what he's doing?

Fergie's speech regarding the new manager was huge, and fans still sung for Moyes early in the game today, arguably from the lasting sentiment of Fergie, as I'm sure most clubs would have the banners out by now. Hell, Chelsea had the banners out before Rafa had even stood on the touchline for his first game. But not winning against the worst team in the league at home starts to make even Fergie's sentiment wear thin, especially in the fashion that we dropped points. Shite, unintelligent football. Cross after cross, and very little else. That's definitely David Moyes' fault.

Bojan11

I support him. I don't see what more he could have done today other than playing himself in cb instead of Vidic.

Moyes has done some things wrong (which I hope he learns from, and change things, given time) but he's also had rotten luck.
He could have instructed the team to try a different approach besides crossing.

Dobba

RvP, Rooney, Mata, Januzaj, Chich and co. at your disposal and all he can come up with is sling it into the box in hope 82 times? staggered.
I don't get this argument at all. So, what makes those players so good in the past is their ability to follow a manager's orders to the letter and have no individual courage at all?

He could have instructed the team to try a different approach besides crossing.
He would have done, but he was still cleaning up after spending half time wiping their arses for them.

Getsme

What was unlucky about today? Whats today's excuse?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Only reason I say it won't help is because I have no idea who we could get right now mid season. We want a big name now/someone proven, and they (unless I'm missing somebody) are not available now
Guus hiddink is available I think. Many managers would jump at the chance. And if we can't get anyone, there's always the chance Fergie might see us through until the end of the season while we look for a replacement. There are plenty of top class managers out there though and most would jump at the chance to manage the players we have, and its a no lose scenario because it is almost impossible to do worse then what Moyes has done.

Someone

Something
We're Manchester united supporters and we care and about the club not individuals, i'm pretty sure saf didn't expect it to be that bad, i was willing to accept not winning the title this season, but to be ahead of so many clubs last season and suddenly so far behind isn't what i had in mind, he isn't up for the job and this isn't a "learn on the job" club, we needed someone big to take over and instead we went for potentials, saf made a mistake and i bet he knows he did.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
You have to wonder if the players have lost faith in him. We have Mata, Van Persie, Kagawa... players who have excelled in better systems than this and are being asked to get it wide/get on the end of it. If we can see it then surely they must be able to.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I'm not going to ask him to be sacked, but I have lost 99% of my faith in him. Today we had, more or less, our best team out - no injuries, Valencia didn't start etc. We may have been unlucky, but we shouldn't need to rely on luck against Fulham.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Well, what we saw today was alleged United fans on here pissed off when United scored today, such is their hate for Moyes! I guess if wanting United to win today was supporting Moyes then I can't help it! :)

But like Napoleon said, better a lucky general than a good general. And he's certainly not proving to be lucky...

Anyway, I'm sure the Glazers will look at things in the summer. But hopefully Moyes can send the "fan favorites" who have stunk up the pitch this season, like Kagawa and Rafael, packing by then. Leave things clear for the next guy, if there is a change.

Getsme

I don't get this argument at all. So, what makes those players so good in the past is their ability to follow a manager's orders to the letter and have no individual courage at all?

He would have done, but he was still cleaning up after spending half time wiping their arses for them.
I may be picking this up wrong as I am tired, but are you saying they shouldn't follow Moyes instructions?

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
The players will turn on him (if they haven't already) long before us fans. It usually is the case in these scenarios. Then will come the boos from the crowd and finally he'll be gone.

It has nearly come to that point. But we're United, we can chose to be different and sink the club, that's also true.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
This is an interesting experiment in the human psychological predisposition to blind faith.
There are a good number of United fans who would join Al Qaeda if Fergie told them to. I think a lot of the match going fans are also taking great pride in 'not being like other clubs' and backing the manager even though he is cleary out of his depth and potentially doing years of damage to the club, it what they would call in rehab 'sick pride'. All this, Fergie's pride and power at the club has seen us becoming acceptable of the unacceptable.

@Chesterlestreet

Are you connected in the football world? Do you know which managers are and aren't available at the moment or something?

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Is it the players, the manager, or a mix of the two?

Either way, Fergie surely has to take a lot of responsibility for poor decisions - poor choice of manager, or poor choice of players, or poor choice in not strengthening much much sooner.