Support David Moyes thread

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
I'm still behind him, some of the shit that's happening on that pitch is beyond explanation and well beyond his control. A bit of luck goes a long way and Moyes has had feck all since day 1.
Agreed.

You lot looking him sacked have your own threads to vent in! :lol:

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
I don't get this argument at all. So, what makes those players so good in the past is their ability to follow a manager's orders to the letter and have no individual courage at all?

He would have done, but he was still cleaning up after spending half time wiping their arses for them.
What?

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Is it the players, the manager, or a mix of the two?

Either way, Fergie surely has to take a lot of responsibility for poor decisions - poor choice of manager, or poor choice of players, or poor choice in not strengthening much much sooner.
poor choice of manager...perhaps...we will only know next season for sure. He won the title with this squad.

Kag

I will continue to support Manchester United Football Club, not David Moyes.

This means I will continue to support the players who have proven their worth to this club time and time again.

The problem is Moyes.
I support this motion!

Seriously, this is where I stand. My belief in our players, our winners, is still as strong as ever. My belief in Moyes is absolutely non-existent and I'm past the point of rationality. He needs to go. Until then, I hope he turns things around. I don't think he has the skill or coaching ability to do that, though.

datura

I'll always support the manager, but the results need to improve. The game today was a microcosm of the season so far, concede a shitty goal, struggle to get back on terms and lose concentration at the end. There is no balance in the team and a lack of dynamism. It's too predictable and people are playing the easy option too much. More patience is needed and individuals taking responsibility. Confidence is obviously low however something somewhere needs to give as we can't continue like this as we're a soft touch and lost any semblance of fear for opposing teams.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Sir Alex made a shit decision. That automatically voids that statement of this.

lysglimt

Scout
don't want him sacked...yet. I ll let him have the summer to get his players in, but if there is no clear improvement by September-October next year.....

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
How can this work out longterm? we're going to buy 100million pounds worth of talent and sling in endless crosses game to game next season? we look utterly devoid of attacking, technical ideas, today just sums it up perfectly with 82 meaningless crosses.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
If we beat Arsenal, that will be the biggest display of luck...they play with no confidence and seem to have no idea where they are playing, felt sorry for Mata today as he was shifted all over the place. They need to lock down and formation and just go with it...they more they play without any interference things will get better. And obviously once he starts realising that he needs to focus training on actual skill and ball control. Maybe not a problem him running the training, but do the right training...

zing

Zingle balls
Is it the players, the manager, or a mix of the two?

Either way, Fergie surely has to take a lot of responsibility for poor decisions - poor choice of manager, or poor choice of players, or poor choice in not strengthening much much sooner.
Ferguson and Gill are hugely culpable in this mess. Ferguson left a lot of middle table players behind and Gill walked out the door in the same season. That is not how the transition should happen when someone's managed a club for 20 odd years. Absolutely no vision from Gill and he was paid for this.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
I'd be one that reckons we should stick with him. But not just until the end of the season. If we are going to sack him at the end of the season anyway, I'd do it now and give a new manager time to evaluate the squad and the areas that need strengthening and give him time to find the right targets. Sacking him in the Summer could lead to yet another disastrous transfer window. This will be our most important transfer window in recent history. We have to get it right. Having a manager come in and try and identify targets in the summer could be too late.

Getsme

If they don't think it is working, absolutely.
Then whats the point of a manager?
I understand what you're saying but can you imagine someone doing that on Fergie, Mourinhio or any other top manager. They would be straight off the field.

Glanville95

This is ridiculous. Why should we blindly support someone who looks completely clueless in the job he is doing? As another poster has said, it wouldn't be too bad if we were showing positive signs in our quality of football even if results were going against us, but there is literally nothing positive at all with Moyes.

Tactically inept, completely devoid of any ideas on how to turn things around and even admits he's baffled by how we aren't getting results. Sums him up completely, just doesn't have the character and managerial ability for a club like this.

Just because a man of Sir Alex's stature at the club demands our fans to support him doesn't mean he is right. He doesn't have a divine right to declare what decisions United as a club should make after his retirement and it's becoming quite abundantly clear that recommending Moyes was SAF's last, big mistake - although he won't admit it.

Whether you are against the Glazers or not, this is their club, they need to make the key decisions and rise above Sir Alex's stance. Moyes has to go right now, simple as. This season is a right-off and I doubt it can get any worse under anyone elses managerial guidance.

Comsmit

I think by and large the matchday supporters, whom Ferguson was addressing, have stood by him and will continue to do so.

There has been no outpouring of hostility within the stadium, I'm not sure you could say that about other clubs. Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea have all scummed on managers at their home stadium within the last few years. The support so far for Moyes has been a credit to the club, even though the team is in freefall. The thing is, patience does eventually wear thin, especially when worry and doubt slips into the consciousness of the masses.

From my own perspective I won't be held to ransom by Ferguson, in any moral sense. It isn't my "job" to stand by David Moyes, I'm a supporter of the club, and that isn't a job....it's a passion. That will never change.

Kaos

If he's genuinely 'unlucky' then I wouldn't want him around for superstitious reasons since his bad luck seems to be endless.

dev1l

don't want him sacked...yet. I ll let him have the summer to get his players in, but if there is no clear improvement by September-October next year.....
same here. I also think it would be easier for someone replacing if he manages to make the changes needed in this squad.

Dobba

Then whats the point of a manager?
I understand what you're saying but can you imagine someone doing that on Fergie, Mourinhio or any other top manager. They would be straight off the field.
Roy Keane made a career out of it. Imagine Keano looking at his boots when he got booked in Turin, waiting for Uncle Alex to come over to tell him everything will be ok.

NM

I don't actually think he has lost the players. RVP egged the crowd on, and Rooney and Carrick went berserk at the goals. That's what scared me the most. IF the players are actually behind him, and we still aren't getting results, then we are in big trouble.

Last edited:

Bross

Noggie Pez Dispenser
Chillin with Giggsy at the Retardment Castle
A Manchester United supporter should want the best for the club. David Moyes is not the best for the club, therefore he should not have unwavering support.

Great stuff if it turns around and gets results, but right now everything from staff decisions through man management to the actual results points in the direction of him being a disaster for the club. He should get out ASAP and let a new and more skilled manager get time to make changes in good time before the summer.

Revan

Assumptionman
same here. I also think it would be easier for someone replacing if he manages to make the changes needed in this squad.
No it won't. Moyes will sell Kagawa, Hernandez and Nani this season while it is pretty guaranteed that Valencia and Young will stay. It is very possible that one of RVP and Rooney will leave.

That squad will be far worse than this squad. The confedence will be even lower. How it will be easy for his replacement to get a Moyes' team rather than a SAF team?

Getsme

Roy Keane made a career out of it. Imagine Keano looking at his boots when he got booked in Turin, waiting for Uncle Alex to come over to tell him everything will be ok.
That doesn't even make sense.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
What was unlucky about today? Whats today's excuse?
Their first goal? How can you possibly blame Moyes for that? We did very well to get the lead. Didn't some of the complaints against Moyes include us not looking to have the fight back spirit of United of old? I saw the old United today. Shame another defensive lapse was punished.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
1 Question, can you ever see crossball working for the rest of this season? when we buy 100million pounds of talent in the summer and he asks them to play crossball do you see it working next season?... do you see crossball working ever? if the answer is no, then what is the point of persisting with him, just to prove a point that we're "different"?

dev1l

No it won't. Moyes will sell Kagawa, Hernandez and Nani this season while it is pretty guaranteed that Valencia and Young will stay. It is very possible that one of RVP and Rooney will leave.

That squad will be far worse than this squad. The confedence will be even lower. How it will be easy for his replacement to get a Moyes' team rather than a SAF team?
SAF team? Half of the Saf team will be gone moyes or no moyes: Río,vidic,evra,nani,Anderson,giggs

Getsme

Their first goal? How can you possibly blame Moyes for that? We did very well to get the lead. Didn't some of the complaints against Moyes include us not looking to have the fight back spirit of United of old? I saw the old United today. Shame another defensive lapse was punished.
How was their first goal lucky???
If anything our second goal was lucky as it got a deflection, however I don't see it that way. Fulham stuck to their game plan and it payed off. Our plan was to get to cross the ball into the box, and we did that perfectly, 81 times in fact, a record, yeahhhh.