Surveillance Draft

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
What I find unfair with Lloris' rating is he hasn't yet got to the point where his type of keeper starts being a liability.

Slighter framed nippy/agile keepers drop their form dramatically sometime around the 30s. It happened to Barthez, and you all remember a poorer Barthez, it is happening to Bravo, and in the next couple of seasons I expect Lloris to go the same way.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Disagree on Cordoba, although I obviously saw a lot more of him on a regular basis (I had him ahead of Barthez and don't think he is far behind Chilavert).

I did have Navas ahead of the other two and Lloris>Baia but immediately after Lehmann. I think it was @Balu that elevated Baia just ahead of those two, similar to how I influenced Córdoba being ahead of Lemon and Baia.
Yeah, I put Baia a bit too high on the list.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
the Top 1 & 2 traded sides and Balu actually settled it for Buffon by rating Neuer above Kahn :lol:
I knew what I was doing there. Thought about changing it to keep Kahn at the top, but I think 1. Buffon 2. Neuer 3. Kahn really is the fair ranking between them and I kinda expect the history books to show something similar in a few decades.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
What I find unfair with Lloris' rating is he hasn't yet got to the point where his type of keeper starts being a liability.

Slighter framed nippy/agile keepers drop their form dramatically sometime around the 30s. It happened to Barthez, and you all remember a poorer Barthez, it is happening to Bravo, and in the next couple of seasons I expect Lloris to go the same way.
It wouldn't necessarily be a surprise, but at the same time it doesn't seem fair to project someone's decline and then factor it into the rankings. On Llloris' ranking, I was hoping he'd be middle of the pack or thereabouts. Not that he'd have been close to our first choice, but as a pure shot stopper I think he's truly exceptional, although his consistency and the rest of his game isn't on that level. Also, the other guy we were seriously looking at was Roa. Where do you think you'd have placed him on the list?

BTW, any thoughts on how my shadow side would have looked if I had another shot at reinforcements? Too gung-ho? I'd love to see that in action!

From the outset I was keen on making that Schweini-Nedved-Boban trio behind RvN in a 4-3-3, the rest sort of fell into place along the way. Ayala blocked Boban though so I had to keep waiting for Thiago (and then he was injured :mad:).

Subs: Ayala, Torricelli, Srna, Petrescu, Essien, McManaman, Kewell, Moller, RvP
Out of interest, what would your final team have been given that you couldn't play Boban and Laudrup together?

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
It wouldn't necessarily be a surprise, but at the same time it doesn't seem fair to project someone's decline and then factor it into the rankings. On Llloris' ranking, I was hoping he'd be middle of the pack or thereabouts. Not that he'd have been close to our first choice, but as a pure shot stopper I think he's truly exceptional, although his consistency and the rest of his game isn't on that level. Also, the other guy we were seriously looking at was Roa. Where do you think you'd have placed him on the list?
Thought about Roa too. I'd have him lower-mid table, below Julio Cesar and Cordoba, but above Handanovic and others.

Think Lloris is firmly ensconced in the today's top 5 and, while he may fall in his 30s, equally he may be one of those who isn't fully appreciated until post-retirement.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
It wouldn't necessarily be a surprise, but at the same time it doesn't seem fair to project someone's decline and then factor it into the rankings.
I don't think I did. I just noticed everyone rates him higher than I do while seemingly rating someone like Barthez lower than I do, and think that Lloris is having an easy ride.

Also, the other guy we were seriously looking at was Roa. Where do you think you'd have placed him on the list?
Somewhere in the Klos/Abbondanzieri region, either bang in the middle of them or marginally above, but below Lloris and Navas.

Out of interest, what would your final team have been given that you couldn't play Boban and Laudrup together?
:lol: That's a good point! I never planned to get Laudrup (Kanchelskis just took ages to free up) so it was only his Chelsea stint that I checked re: Petrescu. In fact, since Abidal wasn't available yet I had to pick Srna to be able to get this moron.

What an arse! I guess I would then have Möller starting there. The boring option would be Essien. No, feck that, Nedved-Boban stays, Brian can go do one and I'd play Steve McDraftdeathaman.

Yeah, I'd do that and would be able to stick a more gung-ho Petrescu at RB to compensate.

Or, if I noticed before the picks (likely if playing), I would have gone for a different hard-on and got Guardiola instead of Boban and played him behind Nedved-Schweinsteiger.