Swansea City vs. Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante

Average bang
Judging by pre-season and the combinations that Moyes has opted for thus far, I'd guess:

--------DDG

-Jones Rio Vidic Evra

---Carrick Cleverley

-Zaha Welbeck Giggs

--------RVP

I'm getting so giddy about the start of the season. Hurry the feck up the passage of time.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
What group of players travelled do we know?

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
does everyone in the uk know this is free today on Sky 2?
Edit: Just saw previous page. Will still leave this here though as a reminder.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
I haven't read through this thread to be honest so apologies if this has been mentioned already. A point I've considered that gives me great optimism for today is Everton - and Moyes' - record against Swansea at the Liberty Stadium. In their two meetings since Swansea were promoted, Everton have won both games without conceding (0-2 in 11/12 and 0-3 in 12/13). Now people will dismiss this and say that Everton's personnel are different to United's, and they'd be right, but I'm of the thinking that Moyes knows how to approach Swansea and can devise a game-winning plan for them.

Yes, Swansea are ahead of us this season so far in terms of competitive football, but I expect out fitness gains over the past three weeks especially to be more than enough to cope with that. Bony looks a threat, as will Michu, but I think we have enough to contain them as well as punishing them down the other end. Welbeck and van Persie are in great form and I expect those two, along with Kagawa, to be the difference today.

Jacob

Everybody now..

As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for RvP is with me.

Jacob

I'd take one too, Swansea are unbeaten in pre-season and have kept it really tidy at the back while Bony is looking tricky up front.

Godfather

Everybody now..

As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I take a look at the window and realise there's nothing left

Edited

Should have put that into the "united in this summer transfer window" thread though.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Frick me guys, we're Manchester United, they have more to fear from us than vice versa. I'm going for all 3 points.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Won't be able to catch the game, couldn't it have been on a Sunday ffs?:(

soapythecat

If Rooney starts then he is staying. Doubt DM would be starting him if he still wants out. Kagawa on the left. Too early to start Zaha.
Looking forward to seeing how Bony plays this season for Swansea - could be a real gem for them.
I think we will concede, so 1-1. Nervy game for united I recon.

Bape

Rooney doesn't deserve to start this game, form or any other reason wise.

Brightonian

I'm expecting us to win, although it may not be pretty. I won't be too bothered if we don't though. Always takes new time to settle under a new manager, and when the old one was here for 26 years, you have to be ready for some teething problems!

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Nevermind his transfer request, Rooney doesn't deserve to start this because he barely played any football recently.

I would like to see this(if Nani is fit):

de Gea
Val/Jones Rio Vidic Evra
Carrick Cleverley
Nani Welbeck Kagawa
van Persie
Kagawa and Welbeck can switch sides, but I think Moyes will prefer them like this.​

Brightonian

Kagawa and Welbeck can switch sides, but I think Moyes will prefer them like this.​
Really? They're both better suited to the other's role.

Otherwise that's a good formation, although I'd rather see Fabio at RB, and maybe Evans instead of Rio.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Really? They're both better suited to the other's role.

Otherwise that's a good formation, although I'd rather see Fabio at RB, and maybe Evans instead of Rio.

Yeah, I now they are, but they would rotate anyway during the game, but as far I remember, that's how they played in preseason in those one or two games Kagawa played.

CantonaVeron

I'd play

DDG

Jones
Vidic
Ferdinand
Evra

Anderson
Carrick
Cleverley

Rooney
RVP
Welbeck

I think what we need to do especially with big matches coming up is pick our best team and stick to it for the first 6 matches and that baring Rafeal who can't play is the best we can put out imo. Obviously Rooney won't be fully match fit but he is one of our best players in spite of the specualation and I would imagine he wants to perform and perform well to make his return to Old Trafford next match a little easier. Would normally include Nani over Welbeck but I am not sure whether he has recovered from his injury.

Mad Winger

----------- DDG -----------
- Jones - Rio - Vidic - Evra -
----- Carrick - Cleverley ----
Valencia - Welbeck - Kagawa
------------ RVP -----------

This will be the team, I think.

It's a good team, but I'd rather Kagawa and Welbeck switch places. Hernandez and Zaha to come on later in the game for Valencia and Welbeck.

evil_geko

I will most probably miss the game so can anyone point me in the direction where I can download the whole game without being spoiled with the end result?

Tibs

I just hope we go out with the intent to destroy teams this season, and as soon as the job is done, give the younger lads 20minutes a game atleast.

None of this of go 1-0 up and switch off for the rest of the game

TheReligion

Abusive
I just hope we go out with the intent to destroy teams this season, and as soon as the job is done, give the younger lads 20minutes a game atleast.

None of this of go 1-0 up and switch off for the rest of the game

Whilst I don't share the doom and gloom of most expected for this season, I certainly don't see anything to get majorly excited about.

I am expecting to see alot of the performances we saw last season

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Whilst I don't share the doom and gloom of most expected for this season, I certainly don't see anything to get majorly excited about.

The fact that for many fans this is the first season without Fergie is reason enough to get excited. A bit weary yes but can't wait for the season. Going to be a new feeling

Brightonian

Is that a bad thing? We comfortably won the league last season.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Anybody else getting 'Scrambled Service' from Sky Sports 1/2 on Freeview?

EDIT: Figured it out, PICK TV channel instead.

TheReligion

Abusive
Is that a bad thing? We comfortably won the league last season.

Which is exactly what I meant. I don't think we will do badly under Moyes like most, but I also don't think we will see a great deal of difference with the side as we still haven't rectified the issues in midfield.

I expect us to leak goals at times and fail to dominate games but still grind out a result.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
I think I'm a lot more excited and optimistic about this season than most others, we won the league at a canter last year and we haven't weakened our squad (with the exception of losing Scholes) and we've added Zaha and likely to bring through Januzaj which effectively strengthens our squad.

i know everyone's crying out for a midfielder, and we do need to bring someone in, but we're still the champions and the team to beat IMO.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Fancy Moyes to be quite negative today personally. It's important for him that we don't lose. Safety first.

Magnus

Another mad swede
Just went into FB and sadly it´s all over. Liverpool are winning the lot. They are fecking all over FB the fecking twats. I hope we thrash the welsh cnuts so I´ll be able to login on FB later tonight. COME ON UNITED

Gee Male

Posting in this before team is announced as it is likely to get hysterical from any stage after that.

Any type of win will do today, this is one of those grounds that everyone struggles at so three points is all that matters, we can worry about performances next weekend. An ugly one nil is what this is all about.

I expect us to win it. Swansea are a good side, but this game should have been our focus from the minute that Moyes' appointment was announced. Three points, that's all.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Twitter rumours are that Rooney's on the bench.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Probably will be on the bench having travelled. Would've been utterly pointless for him to travel otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.