Kick-off
Sat, 19 August 2017 @ 12:30pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Mihai

I echo the rare thought that this might be a good game for Fellaini. I also thought Mkhi looked good by the way so I'm not sure why people want him subbed. It's Mata that's failed to have a big impact on the game.

I'd throw Martial for Mata at 55 mins and move Rashford out right. If nothing's changed by 75' I'd take Mkhi off and throw Fellaini. Use a 4-3-3 to see the game out. Fellaini's height will be more useful for 15' against this Swansea tweam than Herrera's energy, imo.
    I like this :drool:

Betson

People actually expect Pogba to be taken off because he is on a yellow?
    It is certainly a worry and something to consider , I don't think he will take him off but it will be heart in the mouth stuff every time he goes in for a tackle in this half. Hopefully he shows the required discipline not to tempted into anything stupid.

The_Midfielder

I have lukaku, pogba and Bailey on my fantasy.. so will pogba get the assist there?? and need lukaku to score a brace

Ainu

Phil Neville saying that United didn't deserve to be ahead. What has Swansea actually created apart from that Ayew shot which was a cross.
    I never understand this garbage. It's a scrappy game with neither side playing well, but we actually scored a goal and they didn't. How is that not a deserved lead? Had Swansea scored though, they would be calling it a thouroughly deserved lead. Pundits are the worst part of football, not a single interesting or insightful opinion between them.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
    Swansea are playing high press? And here I thought they had 11 men behind the ball and packing their defence.
    He probably means that they are congesting midfield and try to win the ball back there, they are taking full advantage of their extra man in midfield.

IMO we should get Herrera in there since he loves a hustle and bustle game in midfield.

prtk0811

Rashford is too selfish and stupid imo, but he's not the problem. Our fullbacks are the most disappointing thing today, liability in both attack and defense. Valencia is always backpassing in every dangerous position and Blind can't put a right cross.

Good that we grabbed a goal as the second half would have been more difficult.
    Yes we do not provide that right penetrative pass through the middle or sides to penetrate second line of defense.

Decision making on the ball is mechanical, which is counter productive, to penetrate.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
    Put Herrera on at half time, one more foul and Moss will send Pogba off.

Also put Martial around the 60th minute mark for either Mkhitaryan or Mata.

Rashford is extremely wasteful with his finishing, but at least he's trying to make something happen.
    Trying isnt enough and it's a recurring theme.

Everyone is trying and when chances like that come along, they just have to be converted. Rashfords very lucky we managed to get a goal through another source.

Member 90887

second half will be better, it's always difficult playing against a team putting 11 men behind the ball.

The first goal is the most difficult to get, we did, the second half will be more at our advantages as swansea will try to play football.

mattunited1978

doommonger
    Refs been an absolute disgrace. All they done for 20 mins was foul but no bookings in sight, Pogba fouls once which wasnt even as bad as the one on matic and he gets booked...Really poor half from moss.

Think rashfords flattered to decieve,looks really threating but taking the wrong option more often than not.

Other than that im pretty happy with the first half

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
    Jesus and people call Jose park the bus or anti football and other such nonsense. Would really like to credit United for pushing Swansea back into their own third, however, I think Swansea's game plan is 11 men behind the ball. Awful awful on the eye.
    They'd settled for a draw before a ball had even been kicked.

I'd be all for removing the point for a draw if it meant the end to boring boring negative football.

Walters_19_MuFc

These are the kind of games that win you titles.

Not been great. Created a few chances, but not that many, and overall have been pretty sloppy and void of ideas. However, we're a goal up. Plenty of times this used to happen under Sir Alex.

Swansea will need to come out and play now, which will open it up for the likes of Rashford and co. to counter - similar to the game last week to West Ham.

We just need to get that second goal now and try and kill of the game, because Swansea have looked pretty dangerous, at times.

devil in me

rashford somehow managing to look like our most dangerous player and our must frustrating player today. His pace is causing problems but he has been useless in the final 3rd. Needs to up his game in terms of end product and needs to start releasing the ball quicker.

Von Mistelroum

The booing seems to have got to Rashford though, he's been out of sorts. I'd keep him on though on the right and swap Mata for Martial and Mkhi for Herrera. Play a 3 in MF with the balls wide to the young and fast players to hit them with Lukaku.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
    That half to me again shows why rashford should not be a starter and why he might never be a top quality Striker, he just cannot finish well. Still think we need an attacker not just any attacker one world class attacker.
    Mkhi, mata are not wingers and teams who defend well narrow, well they will always be a problem to us. We just do not have wingers or fullbacks good enough to spread teams up. I think small pitches will always be a problem until we address that issue.
    Quite the opposite. Despite Swansea packing their entire team behind the ball, despite playing in his unfavoured position, and despite Moss giving him literally no decisions despite the blatant fouls he's been our most dangerous player. All at 19 years old. Finishing will come with confidence.

IhabX7

Mata and Mkhitaryan should be our creative players, but they don't create anywhere near enough chances.
    This is not how creating chances work. Messi wouldn't be able to create without good runs from the other forwards. Team lacks cohesion in attack, nowhere near enough chemistry between the players. But we do have a lot of force and hopefully it will see us through the first few games till it all hopefully clicks.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
    second half will be better, it's always difficult playing against a team putting 11 men behind the ball.

The first goal is the most difficult to get, we did, the second half will be more at our advantages as swansea will try to play football.
    Not if Swansea don't attack just yet and the result sticks till the near end.

BIGbadBOO4

I'm not really understanding the criticism he's getting. He's been fine.
    Fers tackle and Pogba virtually the same in fact fers was worse. Yet he never got a yellow.
    Moss is out for some attention he will give Pogba a 2nd yellow mark my words.

Moonred

It is certainly a worry and something to consider , I don't think he will take him off but it will be heart in the mouth stuff every time he goes in for a tackle in this half. Hopefully he shows the required discipline not to tempted into anything stupid.
    He is capable of the discipline and this is no time to take him off. The match isn't over, and plenty of players(Pogba himself) have survived early yellows throughout their career. If he does something daft to get a 2nd, it will be a poor show from him.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Paul Pogba image Paul Pogba 39% of 1161 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

7.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 909 ratings.

Score Predictions