7.David Hussey
8.White
9.Perara
10.Mcclenaghan
11.Ajmal

Gameplan

1.Change team name to India
2.Change team uniform to India's
3.Hack the stadium announce system to play indian national athem before the match
4.Break into anant's locker room and paint his uniform green
5.Unleash Kohli
6.Get Broad to break ashwin's legs before the match starts
7.Promise Mclaughlin a million dollar of the tournaments prize money if she goes out with gayle
8.Tell Gayle Mcluaghlin will go out with him if he gets a century
9.Unleash Gayle
10.Profit

Last edited:

Skizzo

Anant Lineup:

Rohit Sharma
Shaun Marsh
Kane Williamson
Steven Smith
Luke Wright
Jos Buttler
Albie Morkel
Ravindra Jadeja
Ravichandran Ashwin
Mitchell Starc
Sohail Tanvir

On a Spin friendly pitch, A team needs level headed batsman more than hitters, be it Test, ODI or T20.
My side has plenty of those. Rather we even have plenty of spinners.

With Rohit Sharma, We have a batsman who scores at a S/R of 130.92, averages 32.39. He has scored most centuries by an Indian(tied at 3 ) in T20s. He also has the MOST 50+ scores by an Indian in T20s(40, and yes, more than Virat who has 38).

Shaun Marsh is a player who has established himself as a player who is a fairly regular scorer of Boundaries. In fact, He averages a 4 or a six every 5.98 deliveries. Also, he has scored 37 50+scores and 2 100s in T20s. And before I forget Average of 41.30 (2nd highest among players with 50+innings)

Kane has established himself as among the best batsmen of the past few years in all formats. He is currently the only batsman to be in top 10 in all 3 formats! He has knack of converting those 20s into 50s, with him having registered a remarkable 11 50+ scores in just 82 innings and that too in tougher batting conditions He also registers least dot ball percentage in an innings (39.4%)(Compare that to Chris Gayle who has 64%) and hits a boundary every 5.8 balls in his first 10 balls ( Kohli does that every 6.3 balls). He has a remarkable dot ball ratio of just 34% which highlights his ability to hit a boundary or rotate strike on a regular basis. Kane also manages a 4 every 6.54 balls (5th highest among players who have faced 500balls in International T20s) (For reference Kohli has it at 7.18). And not just this, he has a remarkable bowling average of 7.07 after having bowled almost 120 overs in T20 cricket!

Steven Smith is a player who needs no introduction. Steven Smith has had an excellent record in Spin Friendly conditions. His International average is more in Asia than abroad. He averages a very respectable 35 in IPL at a good S/R of 131.64. But, the biggest advantage of having Smith in side is the amount of runs he scores in singles and doubles. He is one of the only batsmen to have less than 50% of his T20 runs having scored in boundaries (46.9%). Although a test Cricket stat, Smith averages 67.81 since Jan 2013.

Luke Wright is possibly my team’s wildcard player. A High score of 153* is a mark of his class. A player with 33 50+ scores in T20. 3rd most T20 100s (6), ONLY player to have 2 fastest T20 100s in top 20 fastest T20 100s list! A S/R of 146.68 and Avg. of 28.54 to add to the achievements.

Jos Buttler has established himself as a fine WK and a batsman. S/R of 145.07 and average of 27.34, not many WKs can boast of better numbers.

For a person watching IPL, Albie needs no introduction. In Batting, a fantastic S/R of 137.80 at an average of 25.86. He has 217 6s and 237 4s to his name in just the T20s! Kohli can testify to his big hitting skills as well when albie hit him for 28 in an over, and since then, Kohli hasn’t bowled an over. He has a good bowling S/R of 20.4 and is a very handy 3rd pace bowler.

Sir Jadeja is a more than decent player in spin conditions. An Important member of Rajasthan Royals’ IPL win, and later a record transfer in IPL auctions.

Ashwin is the best Spin bowler, if not bowler today and possibly among top 2-3 in T20s of all time. 6.67- Not the no. of times Fellaini elbows someone/ 90 minutes but Ashwin’s economy rate. Also, he can bat!

Then come by 2 Fast bowlers. Starc and Tanvir. For Tanvir, I can only say 1 thing- RR vs CSK 6-14: Best bowling figures on Asian soil. And also, for a fast bowler, an economy rate of just above 7 highlights his ability to control runs

Starc- A bowling strike rate of 14.7(highest for a bowler with 300+ overs)- which basically highlights that should he bowl a 2 over spell, in the beginning of a match, there is a 81.7% chance of him taking a wicket.

Why I’d win?

I have the best spinner and fast bowler, it’s a pitch with variable bounce, and so a strong bowling lineup does matter! I have the better spin duo (best in the world IMO), I have a bowler who has the best bowling figures in Asian soil.

And I also have batsmen who can hit but also run singles and doubles. My batting goes till no.9, and I have atleast 7 bowling options, with 4 spinners.

The biggest batting threat in MJJ’s side: Chris Gayle has struggled vs Quality offspinners- Harbhajan Singh has dismissed him four times in T20s conceding only 54 from 59 balls, Mohammad Hafeez has got him four times for 17 runs in 30 balls, while R Ashwin has dismissed him three times for 50 off 66 balls.
And while I agree Kohli doesn't have any major weaknesses, Kohli has struggled vs Left arm bowlers in T20Internationals. His strike rate drops from 142 to 116 vs Left armers.My side has 3 left arm bowlers and hence are prepared to contain his scoring ability and build pressure to take risks which would give me a chance to take his wicket

My batting lineup has much more variety and is not reliant on any one player which makes the side more balanced and more favoured for victory

MJJ

Couple of points.

Ajmal at his peak (excluding the illegal bowling action) was better than ashwin. I also have gayle, malik, hussey, white and perara who all bowl. I dont rate tanvir at all ( think he is going to get spanked here) and have more bowling options. Playing 3 fast bowlers on a spin friendly wicket isnt the best idea while my part timers should ensure that the runs wont be easy to come by.

If anant wants to take advantage of ashwin vs gayle, he simply has to bowl him out in the PP overs. That is going to negate the biggest threat of his in the middle and death overs which should ensure I will win. Batting till 9 helps as well.

And if you read my write-up, ashwin will unfortunately have to retire hurt before the match starts :devil:

Last edited:

MJJ

@MJJ Which taylor?
Ross, jerome is shit. Why is anyone even thinking of him?

And which Hussey
David, but I would like you to think of him as mike.

Post your team with their first names
Doing it now, not bothered about taylor but the hussey one isnt fair to anant. @Skizzo can you add ross and david before taylor and hussey?

Who the feck is Perara?
Random srilankan dude, big hitter, can spin a bit. Said to be the next sobers.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Couple of points.

Ajmal at his peak (excluding the illegal bowling action) was better than ashwin. I also have gayle, malik, hussey, white and perara who all bowl. I dont rate tanvir at all ( think he is going to get spanked here) and have more bowling options. Playing 3 fast bowlers on a spin friendly wicket isnt the best idea while my part timers should ensure that the runs wont be easy to come by.

If anant wants to take advantage of ashwin vs gayle, he simply has to bowl him out in the PP overs. That is going to negate the biggest threat of his in the middle and death overs which should ensure I will win. Batting till 9 helps as well.
Ashwin<Ajmal: :nono:
The bowlers you listed have an economy rate of 7.57,6.99, 7.47, 8.77 and 8.18!
Tanvir's economy rate is 7.28 career wide, and 6.49 in India! SO I don't worry about him getting spanked!

Yeah, Ashwin will need to waste 5 bowls of one of his over because he'd be getting Gayle out 1st ball!:cool:
And while you have batting till 9, (which can be said of my team too-Ashwin has 2 International 100s!) You will be using 2 part timers! Thats 8 overs of bowling where I'm guaranteed to go 8/over and that too in non PP overs AND spin friendly track!
EDIT: One of your Regular Bowlers has economy of 8.18 (Perera) and other has economy of 7.89 (Mccleneghan)- Thats a bit more than 8 an over even in these overs
EDIT 2: Stat Attack: Although Steve Smith has bowled lesser balls than Gayle, their economy rate is the same, but Smith's Bowling strike rate and in turn bowling average is better

Last edited:

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Have to vote for anant here, I have a bias against MJJ

anant

Random srilankan dude, big hitter, can spin a bit. Said to be the next sobers.
Leaving aside the spin part, who said he is the next Sobers?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Big cricketing personalities on Thisara Perera:

"One of the greatest cricketers ever to have graced the game, certainly the greatest all-rounder."

"Thisara Perera has that certain X-factor, the charisma that made players such as Sobers, Imran Khan, Viv Richards, Ian Botham, Kapil Dev, Brian Lara and Shane Warne stand out from the rest."

"Evolution's ultimate specimen in cricketers."

prath92

"One of the greatest cricketers ever to have graced the game, certainly the greatest all-rounder."

"Thisara Perera has that certain X-factor, the charisma that made players such as Sobers, Imran Khan, Viv Richards, Ian Botham, Kapil Dev, Brian Lara and Shane Warne stand out from the rest."

Sir Viv wishes he was as good as thisara

anant

he just smashed faulkner a couple of days ago?:lol:
Yes, shouldn't have said struggled, but his S/R vs Left armers is considerably lower. 142 vs Right armers to 116 vs Left armers (as on 5 Feb 2016).

MJJ

Leaving aside the spin part, who said he is the next Sobers?
I did, just now. and ..

Impatient feck, I'm voting for @anant.
:lol: I went on the online mods and you werent online.

Liar. Thisara Perera isn't a spinner. I'm voting for @anant.
If perera wanted he could be the best spinner ever, he just choses not to be.

MJJ

Ashwin<Ajmal: :nono:
The bowlers you listed have an economy rate of 7.57,6.99, 7.47, 8.77 and 8.18!
Tanvir's economy rate is 7.28 career wide, and 6.49 in India! SO I don't worry about him getting spanked!

Yeah, Ashwin will need to waste 5 bowls of one of his over because he'd be getting Gayle out 1st ball!:cool:
And while you have batting till 9, (which can be said of my team too-Ashwin has 2 International 100s!) You will be using 2 part timers! Thats 8 overs of bowling where I'm guaranteed to go 8/over and that too in non PP overs AND spin friendly track!
EDIT: One of your Regular Bowlers has economy of 8.18 (Perera) and other has economy of 7.89 (Mccleneghan)- Thats a bit more than 8 an over even in these overs
EDIT 2: Stat Attack: Although Steve Smith has bowled lesser balls than Gayle, their economy rate is the same, but Smith's Bowling strike rate and in turn bowling average is better
Tanvir is shit though, the only thing that worked for him was the unorthodox bowling action. Once that got figured out he got destroyed. Ashwin has 2 internatonal 100s in T20s? Why isnt he opening :lol:

Erm its actually statistically better to go with part time spin bowlers on a spin friendly wicket, also one of dhoni's fav strategy from the little i watch of india. And who said the match is being played in India?

And Ajmal is clearly better than Ashwin(again ignoring the illegal action). Ashwin was never thought of as the best spinner in the world and ajmal single handedly won us T20 matches on his own.

anant

Tanvir is shit though, the only thing that worked for him was the unorthodox bowling action. Once that got figured out he got destroyed. Ashwin has 2 internatonal 100s in T20s? Why isnt he opening :lol:

Erm its actually statistically better to go with part time spin bowlers on a spin friendly wicket, also one of dhoni's fav strategy from the little i watch of india. And who said the match is being played in India?

And Ajmal is clearly better than Ashwin(again ignoring the illegal action). Ashwin was never thought of as the best spinner in the world and ajmal single handedly won us T20 matches on his own.
Tanvir despite of "destruction" has economy rate of 7.28, better than both your fast bowlers actually.
Ashwin has 2 International Centuries (in Tests, adding credibilty to the fact that he can bat)
Yes, teams go with part timers, but no captain/team uses part timers for 8 overs of an innings, not in T20 anyways!
And regarding the last point, who is the best spinner right now, or has been for atleast the last 1 year?
EDIT: Fun fact: Ashwin is currently the only player to feature in top 10 ICC rankings table in all 3 formats
EDIT 2: Also, if we regard MOTM and MOTS awards as benchmark for games won, internationally in T20, Ajmal has 1 MOTM and 1 MOTS, Ashwin has 4 MOTM, 1 MOTS (as per wikipedia)

Last edited:

MJJ

Tanvir despite of "destruction" has economy rate of 7.28, better than both your fast bowlers actually.
Ashwin has 2 International Centuries (in Tests, adding credibilty to the fact that he can bat)
Yes, teams go with part timers, but no captain/team uses part timers for 8 overs of an innings, not in T20 anyways!
And regarding the last point, who is the best spinner right now, or has been for atleast the last 1 year?
Huh? Players are judged on their peak performances, not how they perform right now.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en...orderby=default;template=results;type=bowling

Take out the weaker sides and his economy drops down to 7.5 and got worse as the years went on. You are comparing him to mcclenaghan whose strike rate is 19(his is 22). I believe thats more important for fast bowlers as they are there to take wickets not stop the runs. Thats what my spinners are for.

anant

Huh? Players are judged on their peak performances, not how they perform right now.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en...orderby=default;template=results;type=bowling

Take out the weaker sides and his economy drops down to 7.5 and got worse as the years went on. You are comparing him to mcclenaghan whose strike rate is 19(his is 22). I believe thats more important for fast bowlers as they are there to take wickets not stop the runs. Thats what my spinners are for.
Actually its 21.7 as compared to 20 for Mccleneghan (and this is only internationals)

But I'd rather compare their career wide stats, rather than only internationals, (thats what I have done for every player), primarily because players play more domestic T20 than T20Is. And thats where, although you get a better S/R, the economy goes off rails.
The problem in your bowling is Apart from Ajmal and Malik, your other 3 bowlers have an economy of 7.5+, and the next Sobers concedes 8.18/over!
Even the part timers you named, only Malik has decent stats, others have economy of 7.57, 7.47, 8.77.. So how are you even going to control runs?
I can easily play a risk free game vs Mccleneghan, although look at my players- they are all risk free guys, knowing that there are going to 8 overs from part timers, 4 overs from a bowler who concedes at 8+ an over. Even Mccleneghan will concede 7.89 an over (across all T20s)

anant

How can you not vote for this? Anant side has no personality, no flair, its the cricketing version of LVG's united. All economy, no strike rates.
SIR RAVINDRA JADEJA!
'Nuff Said