T20 Circus Auction Draft

Skizzo

Tbh, I don't really think its unfair because it was in the rules from the start. Had we saved 1m more we could have had two players too. Don't know how its usually done though.
I didn't see anything in the OP about it. The rules were put up when each reinforcement round started. If you knew you needed 30m this round ahead of time, would you have saved 1m earlier?

Anyway, doesn't make a difference to me :) just was different than I'm used to seeing it done.

Akshay

Staff
I didn't see anything in the OP about it. The rules were put up when each reinforcement round started. If you knew you needed 30m this round ahead of time, would you have saved 1m earlier?
Maybe. Tbh we didn't really plan that much. Kind of just wing it and see what happens :). Bidding huge amounts at the beginning of the first auction was a lot of fun.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout

Anyway, doesn't make a difference to me :) just was different than I'm used to seeing it done.
We can change it to 25m if this is an issue - @Varun

I thought I had mentioned at the start that we will increment the min bid by 10m subsequently. Even in last reinforcement round it went from 10m to 20m.

Skizzo

We can change it to 25m if this is an issue - @Varun

I thought I had mentioned at the start that we will increment the min bid by 10m subsequently. Even in last reinforcement round it went from 10m to 20m.
I don't want to mix it all up. I was just more curious about it than anything. Tbf, you should have a bit of an advantage anyway since you planned and saved better than anyone else throughout the draft :)

crappycraperson

Scout
Crappy - Maxwell (25m), ABD (80m), Umar Akmal(17m), Swann (12m), Rahane (18m), Hashim Amla 14m , Martin Guptil - 26m, Mohammad Amir - 26m , Gautam Gambhir - 16, Morne Morkel(14m),akhtar(14m) Shakib(12m), Kohli (30m), Gayle (29m), Malinga (30m), Watson (30m) ; 7m

Varun - David Miller (28m), McCullum (75m), Sangakkara (32m), Vettori (26m), Pietersen (42m), Symonds (25m), Mitch Johnson (12m), Bond(12m), Bracken (12m), Riaz (10m), Graeme Smith (12m), Harbhajan Singh (10m), Narine (25m), Bravo (20m), Badree (30m) ; 29m

crappycraperson

Scout
Match day rules -

- There would be no toss. Voters have to take into account that which team on average will win more matches, be it batting first or second.

- Pitch selection process will be as follows.

Pitch 1 (P1) - Flat batting track with no assistance for any kind of bowler
Pitch 2 (P2) - Good batting track with some assistance for slow/spin bowlers
Pitch 3 (P3) - Good batting track with some assistance for seam/pace bowlers
Pitch 4 (P4) - Slow pitch with variable bounce, mainly assisting slow/spin bowlers
Pitch 5 (P5) - Green pitch with good bounce, mainly assisting seam/pace bowlers

Now managers will PM me their choice of the pitch and block in this manner -

Manager 1 - Want Px, Block Px
Manager 2 - Want Px, Block Px

It will work as following -

Example 1 -
M1 - Want P1, Block P2
M2 - Want P2, Block P3

In this case, P1 goes though and is selected as the match pitch.

Example 2 -
M1 - Want P1, Block P2
M2 - Want P2, Block P1

In this case, both block each other off so they pick again from P3-5. If they block each other again, then the last remaining pitch gets selected by default.

Varun

Staff
Just rules again -

Eligible Players

1. Born on or after 01.01.1975
2. Have played at least one T20I.

Team Rules

1. Minimum of 12 players and maximum of 15 players in the squad.
2. Must have minimum of 6 nationalities represented in starting 11.
3. When you bid for reinforcements, you will need to discard players if the squad size exceeds 15 at any time.
4. No player trading is allowed.

Auction Rules

1. Total budget for the team is 300m.
2. Base price for every player= 10m
3. At no point can the total price bidded for players should exceed 300m. If that occurs, it will lead to voiding of several bids and a penalty of 10m.
4. Each player can nominate a maximum of 15 players to the auction board. So for 8 teams, a total of 105+20(initial 20 addition by game Mod, 15 X 7 others) players will go for sale.
5. At any time, the number of players on auction board can not exceed 20.
6. A player will be deemed sold if no rival bid is placed on him for 12 hours.
7. Minimum increment of a bid has to be 2m within the first 4 hours of the last bid, 5m for the next 6 hours and 10m in the last 2 hours.
8. All timestamps on auction board must be of GMT time.
9. Any money saved from 300m wil carry forward for reinforcement rounds. Another 50m will be given for subsequent reinforcement rounds. Minimum price of a player in first reinforcement round will be 20m. Second will be 30m.

Auction board would something like this -

Kohli - KM, 15m, 04.00
Gayle - Crappy, 10m, 08.00
ABD - MJJ, 20m, 13.00

So now if Samid comes in at let's say 15.00 GMT and wants to bid on all 3 players. For Gayle minimum increment has to be 5m since it is 7 hours since the last bid, for Kohli it has to be 10m since it has been 11 hours since last bid and we are in last 2 hours of his bid closure and for ABD it will be 2 m since it is within 4 hours of last bid.

So if he bids on all 3 it will be -

Kohli - Samid, 25m, 15.00
Gayle - Samid, 15m, 15.00
ABD - Samid, 22m, 15.00

---------------------

In case of any dispute, game runner will have the final say
@Skizzo

Varun

Staff
@Varun cheers. I was going off the OP. Didn't read the one posted later.

Anyway, wasn't important. Good luck to you and @crappycraperson
Yeah, easy to miss, was posted after the 1st round of matches.

Thanks! Big underdog going into the game but our strategy with the pitch and our spin attack gives us a good chance I reckon.

Norris

Yeah, easy to miss, was posted after the 1st round of matches.

Thanks! Big underdog going into the game but our strategy with the pitch and our spin attack gives us a good chance I reckon.
Game hasn't even started and you have begun selling your team to the voters. :p

Norris

Tbh I miss the test draft where people were selling their team as they drafted it player by player. Some were writing player profiles as they went.
Yeah, some even selling their sheeps :lol:

Moby

Dick
Tbh I miss the test draft where people were selling their team as they drafted it player by player. Some were writing player profiles as they went.
Why does everything have to branded as 'selling' or trying to get votes or something?
I had posted a lot of stuff that I thoroughly enjoyed reading and wanted to share those stories. It hardly had anything to do with getting votes in a match or anything, I'd post it anytime that player was in discussion, draft or not. Of course when you do some research you tend to find these stories more and it's good that those who haven't heard them get to read them.
It's pretty discouraging when every single action you take is seen with a motive behind it. I said it in the last draft I played in this sub-forum as well, I don't mind posting just the first name and last name and not saying a word more if that's what you rather prefer.
For some reason it's only the cricket drafts where such negative reception is seen and some sort of obsession with profit in everything is seen. I've rarely seen someone posting a biography of an obscure footballer in a football draft being received by anything but a thanks for sharing, as our motive mainly is learning more and more about the history of the game. The matchups are fun and arguments and all during it our fine but you should differentiate on when someone's doing something for votes and when they are genuinely interested in a discussion.

Varun

Staff
Alright, I'll be out during the day say from (IST) 2 till 8-ish I think. So won't be able to do anything during then.
That's fine, won't be able to get the write up by then anyways.

Akshay

Staff
Why does everything have to branded as 'selling' or trying to get votes or something?
I had posted a lot of stuff that I thoroughly enjoyed reading and wanted to share those stories. It hardly had anything to do with getting votes in a match or anything, I'd post it anytime that player was in discussion, draft or not. Of course when you do some research you tend to find these stories more and it's good that those who haven't heard them get to read them.
It's pretty discouraging when every single action you take is seen with a motive behind it. I said it in the last draft I played in this sub-forum as well, I don't mind posting just the first name and last name and not saying a word more if that's what you rather prefer.
For some reason it's only the cricket drafts where such negative reception is seen and some sort of obsession with profit in everything is seen. I've rarely seen someone posting a biography of an obscure footballer in a football draft being received by anything but a thanks for sharing, as our motive mainly is learning more and more about the history of the game. The matchups are fun and arguments and all during it our fine but you should differentiate on when someone's doing something for votes and when they are genuinely interested in a discussion.
Nah Aldo, I didn't mean selling negatively in that case, like I said I enjoyed it and I miss it. I can call it sharing instead of selling if you prefer that. I'm not too concerned about the motive actually, even if someone else did it for the purpose of vote gaining as long as what they were writing was informative and well sourced. This draft Boycott did it with Thomas and I appreciated that for example. I wouldn't get to learn about these players otherwise.

Norris

I don't think Aks meant it in that manner Aldo. That test draft was super fun. Everything about it was great, from the sheeps to criteria to the in-game discussions. That also includes the knowledge sharing of players like Don Tallon which you did, or that little information on Pedro Collins about Sachin which Samid provided. Overall, it was just good fun and excellent reads. I was just a fan of playing cricket and not actually watching too much of it, but that draft sort of made me interested again (Cliché I know).

Varun

Staff
I don't think Aks meant it in that manner Aldo. That test draft was super fun. Everything about it was great, from the sheeps to criteria to the in-game discussions. That also includes the knowledge sharing of players like Don Tallon which you did, or that little information on Pedro Collins about Sachin which Samid provided. Overall, it was just good fun and excellent reads. I was just a fan of playing cricket and not actually watching too much of it, but that draft sort of made me interested again (Cliché I know).
Find of the draft was the legendary Subhas Gupte :drool:

Moby

Dick
Nah Aldo, I didn't mean selling negatively in that case, like I said I enjoyed it and I miss it. I can call it sharing instead of selling if you prefer that. I'm not too concerned about the motive actually, even if someone else did it for the purpose of vote gaining as long as what they were writing was informative and well sourced. This draft Boycott did it with Thomas and I appreciated that for example. I wouldn't get to learn about these players otherwise.
Well, that's cleared up as it definitely sounded like you guys weren't too keen on people 'selling' their players all the time or something. Obviously, it's only if the whole bunch shares the interest and enjoyment in sharing discussions about such player that one would go through the trouble and effort of digging up the information and posting it.