T20 Circus Auction Draft

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Welcome to auction draft of the circus that is T20 cricket.

Please sign up for this thing. We will start this once the last draft's final has ended. We are looking for 16 players.

The rules will be published soon.

Rules - in progress

Eligible Players

1. Born on or after 01.01.1975
2. Have played at least one T20I.

Team Rules

1. Minimum of 12 players and maximum of 15 players in the squad.
2. Must have minimum of 6 nationalities represented in starting 11.
3. When you bid for reinforcements, you will need to discard players if the squad size exceeds 15 at any time.
4. No player trading is allowed.

Auction Rules

1. Total budget for the team is 300m.
2. Base price for every player= 10m
3. At no point can the total price bidded for players should exceed 300m. If that occurs, it will lead to voiding of several bids and a penalty of 10m.
4. Each player can nominate a maximum of 15 players to the auction board. So for 8 teams, a total of 120 players will go for sale.
5. At any time, the number of players on auction board can not exceed 20.
6. A player will be deemed sold if no rival bid is placed on him for 12 hours.
7. Minimum increment of a bid has to be 2m within the first 4 hours of the last bid, 5m for the next 6 hours and 10m in the last 2 hours.
8. All timestamps on auction board must be of GMT time.

Auction board would something like this -

Kohli - KM, 15m, 04.00
Gayle - Crappy, 10m, 08.00
ABD - MJJ, 20m, 13.00

So now if Samid comes in at let's say 15.00 GMT and wants to bid on all 3 players. For Gayle minimum increment has to be 5m since it is 7 hours since the last bid, for Kohli it has to be 10m since it has been 11 hours since last bid and we are in last 2 hours of his bid closure and for ABD it will be 2 m since it is within 4 hours of last bid.

So if he bids on all 3 it will be -

Kohli - Samid, 25m, 15.00
Gayle - Samid, 15m, 15.00
ABD - Samid, 22m, 15.00

1. Crappy
  2. MJJ
  3. Varun
  4. Skizzo
  5. Samid
  6. Tuppet
  7. anant
  8. Boycott

Last edited:

Varun

Staff
:lol:

I was very quiet last draft. Did post a lot in the testing though admittedly :p

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Will we be allowed to evaluate players also on performance in T20 leagues or only in internationals? Since the number of internationals is not that large.
Good point. I think we will have to allow domestic T20 leagues since otherwise we will not be able to fill 16 teams.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
How does an auction draft work?
You need to hold the bid on a player for 24 hrs. Everyone will have a team cap $ limit to fill up the 12 player quota. You can nominate yourself and/or bid up for others nominations..

It'll be something like..
19/Mar 15:00 - Dhoni - $50m - EAP

Then some idiot like TMH will come and bid it up..
19/Mar 15:07 - Dhoni - $75m - TMH (changes to end time, value and manager name)

and it goes on...If nobody outbids your player till the end time mentioned above, he'll belong to that manager. There are some other stipulations that you can't outbid your total quota, you can't have bids on more than 5 players at one, only 3 nominations and the like which are defined by the mod.

Here's the footy version if you wanna look it up.. https://www.redcafe.net/threads/the-all-time-auction-draft.404567/

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
You need to hold the bid on a player for 24 hrs. Everyone will have a team cap $ limit to fill up the 12 player quota. You can nominate yourself and/or bid up for others nominations..

It'll be something like..
19/Mar 15:00 - Dhoni - $50m - EAP

Then some idiot like TMH will come and bid it up..
19/Mar 15:07 - Dhoni - $75m - TMH (changes to end time, value and manager name)

and it goes on...If nobody outbids your player till the end time mentioned above, he'll belong to that manager. There are some other stipulations that you can't outbid your total quota, you can't have bids on more than 5 players at one, only 3 nominations and the like which are defined by the mod.

Here's the footy version if you wanna look it up.. https://www.redcafe.net/threads/the-all-time-auction-draft.404567/
Gonna pass mate. Seems like too much work.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
We go with T20I peak or peak in any of the leagues?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I think I'm done with drafts for the moment. Will assist anyone but @Skizzo can play.