5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil may care

Had a couple of sloppy momets when he first came on, then hew had the run where he droppd the shoulder and drove at Leicester and from that point he played quite well and livened up our attack.

flappyjay

I could understand bringing him on, because he has energy, then again not, cause he tends to give the ball away easily and we couldnt hold the ball. Even if he started with some sloppy (nervous?) passes, I was wrong, because he and Fred actually changed the game markedly both in terms pressing, winning the ball and in attacking threat. I was surprised at how his physicality has developped, he seemed more powerful thannI remember him. Had some really nice one-touch directness after awhile.
I am surprised reading the comments that a lot of people didn't notice that. We went from being pegged back to pushing forward ourselves

LVGSdive

He was much better than Mata. Its time for Ole to give these young players opportunities.

mav_9me

I am surprised reading the comments that a lot of people didn't notice that. We went from being pegged back to pushing forward ourselves
The subs clearly worked cuz they upped our energy/pressing/work rate whereas Matic and Mata meant us sitting back and Leicester getting time on the ball.

Alexit

There's something there but he was too sloppy at times. The best bit was the drop of the shoulder move. Guess he'd need more game time. But you really understand why it's not as simple as some make it out, you know, the good ole' "Just play [insert name of academy prospect]!" and all our problems are gone.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I've stated in the past few weeks that Chong could provide everything Lingard does off the ball and also be a productive player too. He just needs games IMO.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Exactly this. They knew we had no threat with the 3 snails on the pitch.

As soon as the subs happened we got back into an even match. If he didn’t make those dubs Leicester would have scored, it was coming.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Deserves start on right flank. He and James are only our natural wingers and he should get a chance there. I know that people want to see Greenwood on rw but i don't think that we need to play young players out of position. Chong should play on the wing, Gomes on no10 and Greenwood as a striker.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Next Nani if I ever saw one. I think I prefer that to be a good thing:wenger: He did appear to look a lot bigger physically now than the last time he played.

MAME DIOUF 32

Whether it's with us or elsewhere on loan he has to play. The U23 league is too easy for him and he needs to get used to facing good players.

Based Adnan

Surprised with some of the comments. Thought he was one of the main reasons we went on the front foot again. Gave us some much needed an energy and gave Pereira a torrid time for the short period he was on for. Hopefully see him midweek in the EL.

Kostov

This kid and Fred brought energy that changed the flow of the game. He was nervous at first but once he settled in he was good and showed his potential. He should play more often he will come good.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He didn't have much to do in the game, liked how easily he beat Ricardo Pereira.

Last edited:

Mark Pawelek

There's something there but he was too sloppy at times. The best bit was the drop of the shoulder move. Guess he'd need more game time. But you really understand why it's not as simple as some make it out, you know, the good ole' "Just play [insert name of academy prospect]!" and all our problems are gone.
Not the reason why we want to see young players start. It's because senior players had their chance and aren't going to win us trophies. Our young players may not be as good early on, not as professional and experienced but at least they have scope for improvement. It's because Ole's rebuilding the squad we want to see youth given a chance.

You even admit it yourself "Guess he'd need more game time"

Alexit

Not the reason why we want to see young players start. It's because senior players had their chance and aren't going to win us trophies. Our young players may not be as good early on, not as professional and experienced but at least they have scope for improvement. It's because Ole's rebuilding the squad we want to see youth given a chance.

You even admit it yourself "Guess he'd need more game time"
It comes across that way from some posts. Ditch these old timers and get on with the fresh blood. Our squad would benefit from a good mixture of youth and experience. From reading some posts on here you'd think that Andreas was the finished article, a midfield maestro but the more I see him play (and lose possession so easily), the more I understand Jose's stance on him.

I'm all for giving youth a chance but some act as if these young bucks are the finished article when their cameos suggest otherwise.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
It comes across that way from some posts. Ditch these old timers and get on with the fresh blood. Our squad would benefit from a good mixture of youth and experience. From reading some posts on here you'd think that Andreas was the finished article, a midfield maestro but the more I see him play (and lose possession so easily), the more I understand Jose's stance on him.

I'm all for giving youth a chance but some act as if these young bucks are the finished article when their cameos suggest otherwise.
Pretty sure Andreas is seen by many as not a youth talent but a player who has had his chance and needs moving on

LVGSdive

He was much better than Mata and Pereira. So he will be right back to the bench next weekend just because of his age. Sometimes he is a headless chicken like the time he hoofed the ball out of play. However, he puts himself about and he puts the opposition under pressure with his energy and work ethic. Instead of where's Wally there should be a where's Mata. He was invisible on Saturday.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He had some interesting moments. Can he play on the right or is he another who is uncomfortable there?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He had some interesting moments. Can he play on the right or is he another who is uncomfortable there?
He's a right sided attacker for youth and reserve teams,so I've read.His brighter moments have come from playing on the left for us though.

I expect him to start in the upcoming EL game,hopefully on the left.

Litch

This kid and Fred brought energy that changed the flow of the game. He was nervous at first but once he settled in he was good and showed his potential. He should play more often he will come good.
Spot on. Sometimes fans want it all ways are you can't. If we want young players to get meaningful minutes, they we are going to have to live with them making mistakes. Yes he was nervous but there were a couple of moments of brilliance that showed the level of confidence and potential this lad has got. Fred, not a young player but brings an energy and quality to the game. He's really struggled at times settling into the prem and has made mistakes but again, for me it's clear that there is a very good player in there once we show so patience.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
I've only seen him on the right a few times and he looked nowhere near as good as he has on the left. Sadly I think he's better as an orthodox, old fashioned left winger.

ArjenIsM3

The problem with Chong is he's got Rashford and James ahead of him at LW, while Martial can play there too. Can't see him getting many chances.

Mark Pawelek

We have natural wingers like Chong and, even Ramazani in U-23s. But we play strikers (Greenwood) or a "false #7" (Mata, Lingard, Andreas) at right-wing! No one tries to justify this but we do it week-in week-out since LVG! In the 6th year of this style of play. How's it working for us?

Ekeke

Pretty sure Andreas is seen by many as not a youth talent but a player who has had his chance and needs moving on
How many players are given 1 season? I think its more reasonable to say this is a make or break season for him, rather than him being done already.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
How many players are given 1 season? I think its more reasonable to say this is a make or break season for him, rather than him being done already.
From what I remember he went on loan after a season with the squad where LVG didn't fancy him, then came back and had a season where Jose didn't fancy him either. I'm happy to see how he does this season but I'm not optimistic about him at all

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Pretty certain once he cuts his hair he will turn into the reincarnation of Giggs.

That Hair must be like a parachute slowing him down by 2-3mph, it's like Piccolo's training clothes.

Ekeke

From what I remember he went on loan after a season with the squad where LVG didn't fancy him, then came back and had a season where Jose didn't fancy him either. I'm happy to see how he does this season but I'm not optimistic about him at all
Yeah he was a young player who wasn't given a chance and then went out on loan, where the club he went to wanted to buy him and we said no. Last season was his first proper season with the first team - had 1 great goal and some hard work performances but nothing special. This season he needs to push on and do more than last season if he's going to be here in the future but it isnt gone yet. If he's playing well and scoring some goals then he'll secure a place in the squad

In Rainbows

We have natural wingers like Chong and, even Ramazani in U-23s. But we play strikers (Greenwood) or a "false #7" (Mata, Lingard, Andreas) at right-wing! No one tries to justify this but we do it week-in week-out since LVG! In the 6th year of this style of play. How's it working for us?
I would be fuming if we gave minutes to Ramazani over Greenwood even if it's the right wing. Greenwood can play there. He's not the kind of player who is going to complete 6 dribbles out on the wing as that's not his game. He'll still play intelligently and give great passes from there and even find himself in good scoring opportunities.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He didn't have much to do in the game, liked how easily he teat Ricardo Pereira.

This is a very good point, considering there were a lot of people on here complaining, as to why we didn't sign him, as he was so cheap.

RedCurry

Pretty certain once he cuts his hair he will turn into the reincarnation of Giggs.

That Hair must be like a parachute slowing him down by 2-3mph, it's like Piccolo's training clothes.
And hinder his peripheral vision for sure. I had half as long hair as him at his age and never realized how much it was holding me back until I cut it short.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The main talk about Greenwood and Gomes of course but let's not forget Chong! Big chance for him, his first start for us I think. Will give the pace down the left wing to deliver for Rashford and Greenwood.

Status
Not open for further replies.