Tahith Chong

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
We'd be in the same trouble the Spanish clubs are in if we tried dodgy shite like that.

I have a feeling that if the ban sticks for real and athletico they will be turning their attention to the english academy system soon because there is an awful lot of foreign born players coming through the system at the moment - will all those deals stand up to scrutiny - well i have my doubts so I fully expect a transfer ban and fine at some point in the next few years

Dobba

Chong blames Feyenoord for Manchester United move

Tahith Chong has blamed Feyenoord for his upcoming move to Manchester United.

Although it hasn’t been confirmed by either club yet, Tahith Chong is set to leave Feyenoord this summer to join Premier League giants Manchester United.

Speaking to Elf Voetbal magazine, the 16-year-old has stated that he wanted to remain in Rotterdam, but the club had no plan for him which led him to decide on an exit.

Chong said, “It was my intention to stay at Feyenoord, but no plan was made for me. When I announced that I wanted to leave, they made a plan. That was too late.”

On his move to Manchester United, Chong said the club gave him a better feeling than the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea or Manchester City.

He added, "At Manchester United I had a better feeling. You can feel immediately when you walk in a club."
http://www.football-oranje.com/chong-blames-feyenoord-manchester-united-move/

Nickosaur

Wow. That's great news. Just saw highlights on the previous page, he looks a real talent.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Stick him on the right wing :drool:

Loublaze

ATLien
Electric pace and lots of skill! That hair is crazy too. He'll make a lot of defenders dizzy

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Very very excited by his signing, he's a phenomenal and it's good for the club to keep investing in the academy. Signing of highly rated talents keep the standard of the academy high and it will help the other locals as well.

Chong is also part of the Dutch u17's who will participate in the Euro's in Azerbaidjan, so the fans can have a first proper glimpse of him. Not sure if he'll be a starter tho, they have Justin Kluivert and Che Nunnely as well on the wing, who are even better imo and Nunnely mostly more matured.

Redo91

Very very excited by his signing, he's a phenomenal and it's good for the club to keep investing in the academy. Signing of highly rated talents keep the standard of the academy high and it will help the other locals as well.

Chong is also part of the Dutch u17's who will participate in the Euro's in Azerbaidjan, so the fans can have a first proper glimpse of him. Not sure if he'll be a starter tho, they have Justin Kluivert and Che Nunnely as well on the wing, who are even better imo and Nunnely mostly more matured.
Is he playing a year above his age group?

Redo91

I dont know the exact dates from the age group but Chong gets 17 in December this year, while Nunnely got 17 in February and plays with the u19's at Ajax for example.
Cheers. I'm not sure if the cut off point is 1st of January or 31st of August but either way is a good bit younger.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Cheers. I'm not sure if the cut off point is 1st of January or 31st of August but either way is a good bit younger.
For international football it is 1st of January so they are both 99s and the same age group, I believe this is what most European countries also use. England use August 31st (or something close to that to coincide with the school year) so he'd be a year behind in England. The other two in England would have been first year scholars this season while Tahith would have been still eligible for the u16s.

limerickcitykid

I'm sure it happens with lower profile young players but its only legal to sign foreign players under 16 if the parents have moved to the country for other reasons and then the player ends up signing for a club. Clubs can't sign players and then find the parents a job. Doing it with young players who are already well known and highly rated would be a bit too obvious
Forgot to ask before but do you know how City managed to sign Brahim Diaz?

jb8521

Forgot to ask before but do you know how City managed to sign Brahim Diaz?
As far as I know even though the transfer was agreed a few years ago he only properly joined when he turned 16 last summer, before that he was only playing for them in friendlies as a trialist

limerickcitykid

As far as I know even though the transfer was agreed a few years ago he only properly joined when he turned 16 last summer, before that he was only playing for them in friendlies as a trialist
Ah cheers. So its kind of alright to sign before 16 as long as they don't play official matches.

jb8521

Chong scored again today in what was probably his last game for Feyenoord. He has 17 goals from the wing this season and a lot of assists as well

Gerald G

Chong scored again today in what was probably his last game for Feyenoord. He has 17 goals from the wing this season and a lot of assists as well
Good to hear. He is still 16 right? I look forward to seeing him play for the U18s next season.

jb8521

Ridiculous rule from Uefa to have it that 2 bookings in the qualifiers meant a ban for the first game of the tournament especially when they only have 18 man squads. It meant that the Netherlands only had 2 outfield subs for yesterday's game

shabz

He is on Eurosport 1 now against Italy, has looked like the brightest player for the Netherlands today against a superior Italy team. Set piece taker, runs well with ball, passes with both feet. Playing in CM as well.

Last edited:

lysglimt

Scout
He is on Eurosport 1 now against Italy, has looked like the brightest player for the Netherlands today against a superior Italy team. Set piece taker, runs well with ball, passes with both feet. Playing in CM as well.
Yeah yeah but the hair man - how is the hair ? Can we release Fellaini, knowing we have someone equally adept in that department ?