Tanguy Ndombele | Signed For Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
No idea where we are with Longstaff. I've seen almost nothing of him but what I've seen looks good to me. I'll have to watch more of Ndombele. Every time I've watched him his passing has been really loose and he keeps dribbling into trouble with his head down.
About the two things that you mentioned, this season in the CL Ndombele has a PS% of 88% while Wanyama is at 77%. Ndombélé makes 6 times more dribbles than Wanyama. It's like comparing Giroud and Insigne.

You are free to not rate him but at least try to know the player.

SteveW

About the two things that you mentioned, this season in the CL Ndombele has a PS% of 88% while Wanyama is at 77%. Ndombélé makes 6 times more dribbles than Wanyama. It's like comparing Giroud and Insigne.

You are free to not rate him but at least try to know the player.
I've already explained that it wasnt a direct comparison of playing style.

luke511

Imagine if we had added 13 mil on top of Fred's fee and got this guy instead last summer, that was the transfer we were all wishing for at the time.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
@Patrick08 Ndombele has a lot of qualities but he's not a creative player at all
I see most of the time he is compared to Dembele of Spurs, which I can see, immense on the ball, a physical presence, a bit more end product than Dembele. I feel he has a bit more for an eye for a pass than Spurs' Dembele if not quite as much of a unit on the ball. But at 22, he has plenty of room to grow, no where near the finished article.

Get young talent

Well, look more and more like we are going to miss out while being forced to sell Pogba for 120 or 130 M €.

I'm really starting to panic, when i see all the news related to United recentely.

Maguire is worth 70 M £ max but Leicester want 90 M £.

AWB is worth 50 M £ max but Crystal Palace want 60 or 70 M £.

Rice is worth 60 m £ max but West Ham will not sell no matter the price.

Diop is worth 50 M £ max but West Ham will still say no to 60 M £ and want Martial included in the deal, despite the fact that Martial is worth more than him.

Maddison is worth 70 M £ max but Leicester will not sell no matter the price.

De Ligt is worth 75 M € but he never really wanted to come, just using the United offert to get the same or more money elsewere.

Koulibaly is worth 80 M £ max but Napoli want 120 M €.

Lukaku has been pushed out, he want Inter but they can't pay the 75 M £ we are asking.

Pogba want any possible way out (Real, Juventus, PSG) but none of them are ready to pay the 150 M £.

Jones, Smaling, Young and Mata get new contracts.

De Gea want to bleed your bank account or he leave for free next summer.

Rashford want 300 k £ plus / week to sign a new contract.

United tell Tielsman he is your 1st choice if Pogba leave, thinking he will be happy to wait for us instead of going to Leicester, that really want him now, for 40 or 50 M €.

Today, the media told the fans that they better get used to James type of deal, when we virtually have a free run, because this is the only type of deal the board is looking for.

That mean we will not try for Ndombele worth 68 M £ and Lo Celso worth 75 M € because they are linked with Spurs.

We will not try for Rabiot because he is the most demanded free agent of the summer.

That mean the only midfielder the board is currently looking for, are Longstaff and Fernandes.

I can't believe for a second that we can get a CL spot next season with this dross, this is the definition of free fall.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adcuth

That's your delusion I'm afraid.

Ndombele is 22. In his adult life so far he's mostly seen United as a club that finishes outside the top 4, beset with rumours of your better players wanting to leave, playing in the Europa League next season, and with a manager that he's probably never heard of.
Liverpool haven't won a league title since I was like 5 but I still know all about their history, ex managers, players, and they're a team I despise. You really think a professional footballer won't know about Manchester United's history and only be concerned with what been going in the last 6 years or so.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Considering Fekir and Depay are leaving I am assuming Lyon will refuse to sell him?

SportingCP96

Supports
Ndombele is clearly available. Out of their key guys I think only Aouar is untouchable right now.
So you think they are willing to lose Deapy,fekir and Ndombele all in the same season?

Get young talent

So you think they are willing to lose Deapy,fekir and Ndombele all in the same season?
Ah ah, you look like someone that doesn't know Aulas (Lyon president).

Aulas is a greedy selling machine that will sell any player as long as the price seem right for him.

Since PSG takeover he has stopped trying to win the league.

He just want to be good enought to get a CL spot while making money when he sell players.

He can get away with it, thanks to is very good youth factory and scout that regulary produce talent for the 1st team.

He transformed is club (former king of the ligue 1) into the french version of Sporting Lisbon, aka producing for over, never winning the league.

Last edited:

SportingCP96

Supports
Ah ah, you look like someone that doesn't know Aulas (Lyon president).

Aulas is a greedy selling machine that will sell any player as long as the price seem right for him.

Since PSG takeover he has stopped trying to win the league.

He just want to be good enought to get a CL spot while making money when he sell players.

He can get way with it, thanks to is very good youth factory and scout that regulary produce talent for the 1st team.

He transformed is club (former king of the ligue 1) into the french version of Sporting Lisbon, aka producing for over, never winning the league.
I did not know that and thanks for clearing that up.

Also that is unfortunate because you have had a hotbed of talent that could have helped you dethrone PSG and he is giving it all away. As you said VERY Sporitng like:mad: so I know your pain.

I heard you guys have a bit of a potential golden generation coming through soon so at least there is that to look forward too I guess.

Walters_19_MuFc

Well, look more and more like we are going to miss out while being forced to sell Pogba for 120 or 130 M €.

I'm really starting to panic, when i see all the news related to United recentely.

Diop is worth 50 M £ max but West Ham will still say no to 60 M £ and want Martial included in the deal, despite the fact that Martial is worth more than him.

De Ligt is worth 75 M € but he never really wanted to come, just using the United offert to get the same or more money elsewere.

Lukaku has been pushed out, he want Inter but they can't pay the 75 M £ we are asking.

Pogba want any possible way out (Real, Juventus, PSG) but none of them are ready to pay the 150 M £.

United tell Tielsman he is your 1st choice if Pogba leave, thinking he will be happy to wait for us instead of going to Leicester, that really want him now, for 40 or 50 M €.

Today, the media told the fans that they better get used to James type of deal, when we virtually have a free run, because this is the only type of deal the board is looking for.

That mean we will not try for Ndombele worth 68 M £ and Lo Celso worth 75 M € because they are linked with Spurs.

We will not try for Rabiot because he is the most demanded free agent of the summer.

That mean the only midfielder the board is currently looking for, are Longstaff and Fernandes.

I can't believe for a second that we can get a CL spot next season with this dross, this is the definition of free fall.
You can't sit there and say a player is worth a certain amount. Fact is, a player is worth what their club value them at. Could it be excessive? Maybe! However, if we think it is, then we don't buy. It's as simple as that. It's similar to the Pogba and Lukaku situation.

As for players we're after, no one knows who we're after. Sure we've been linked with certain players quite often, but it might just be the case that we're actually interested in someone else the media hasn't linked us with.

JPRouve

Scout
I did not know that and thanks for clearing that up.

Also that is unfortunate because you have had a hotbed of talent that could have helped you dethrone PSG and he is giving it all away. As you said VERY Sporitng like:mad: so I know your pain.

I heard you guys have a bit of a potential golden generation coming through soon so at least there is that to look forward too I guess.
That's absolute nonsense though, Lyon reduced their spending in order to finance their stadium and sports complex. They do not sell players easily and most definitely do not sell them just because someone made a big offer.

SportingCP96

Supports
That's absolute nonsense though, Lyon reduced their spending in order to finance their stadium and sports complex. They do not sell players easily and most definitely do not sell them just because someone made a big offer.
I am just going off of what I was just told. I have no clue how Lyon is run:lol:

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
And do people expect them to go into debt trying to compete with PSG? And before PSG were what they are now Lyon's dominance of Ligue 1 ended once they tried to compete with the elite clubs in transfers.

Crashoutcassius

These games are exceptions, he even said that it was fine to do that type of job on an exceptional basis against teams like City or Barcelona but that he didn't like it, that he wanted to be on the ball and imposing himself with it. Ndombélé could be a DM in theory but he is inconsistent in terms of his aggression and will to defend.
Good post. This can happen when people only watch the biggest games, where clubs are most likely to totally change their shape

JPRouve

Scout
I am just going off of what I was just told. I have no clue how Lyon is run:lol:
Sorry, it wasn't against your post, I meant that the post that you responded to is an absolute tripe. QSI arrived when Lyon were financing their new stadium, the strategy that they choose was to put their transfer budget in the financing of the stadium instead of taking a huge loan while using their academy in order to fill the team. That's how they created one of the best academies around and developed all these players.

JPRouve

Scout
And do people expect them to go into debt trying to compete with PSG? And before PSG were what they are now Lyon's dominance of Ligue 1 ended once they tried to compete with the elite clubs in transfers.
That's true Lyon shouldn't even try to compete with the same weapons, their best chance is the one that they eventually picked, they are one of the rare french club to own its stadium and they have an excellent academy. Unlike PSG, they now rely on themselves and nobody else, no sugar daddy, no local politicians.

sp_107

You summed up our situation really well, Except our current players contract renewals, lot of this talk coming from papers and I dont think all that is true to be honest. But yes there will be some additional TAX on our signings based on how we went for players in few last transfer windows and how much money we offered to players. So we need to get use to this unless we change our stance and dont bend over our back.

There will be players still good enough and want to give their all for 100-150K a week salary.

passing-wind

We aren't going to sign him because it's clear as day from reports we don't seem interested.

I think Pogba's comments will somehow scupper Tottenham's availability of funds, because they will not be able to shift Eriksen which is weird because he's a quality player.

SportingCP96

Supports
Sorry, it wasn't against your post, I meant that the post that you responded to is an absolute tripe. QSI arrived when Lyon were financing their new stadium, the strategy that they choose was to put their transfer budget in the financing of the stadium instead of taking a huge loan while using their academy in order to fill the team. That's how they created one of the best academies around and developed all these players.
You guys really do have a great academy now and have been forming young talents at a high level. I read somewhere that your next crop of talent coming through is somewhat of a golden generation so I hope they turn out well and can help lead Lyon to a title. I quite like Lyon as they mirror Sporting in some ways in producing players.

Though I will admit I became a bit of a “fan” of Bordeaux during the 08/09 and especially 09/10 Season and there run in the CL which almost got them a semi final berth. That team was fun to watch with Gourcuff, Wendell, ciani, Chamack, Plasil,tremoulinas, among others. There set piece ability was fantastic. But sorry I digress was just taking a trip down memory lane :lol:

BalanceUnAutreJoint

@Get young talent You couldn't be more wrong, Aulas said he won't sell more than 3 starters and he's far from "greedy" really. All his sales were reasonables price wise.
Don't mistake him for Monaco's owners

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
We aren't going to sign him because it's clear as day from reports we don't seem interested.

I think Pogba's comments will somehow scupper Tottenham's availability of funds, because they will not be able to shift Eriksen which is weird because he's a quality player.

We're not trying to shift Eriksen, clearly quite happy to keep him if he wants to sign the contract.

And if he stays then we don't need to sell to buy. We spent nothing for 3 windows, reached a cl final (which pockets you a ton of cash) and qualified for Europe again. Money is there regardless.

passing-wind

We're not trying to shift Eriksen, clearly quite happy to keep him if he wants to sign the contract.

And if he stays then we don't need to sell to buy. We spent nothing for 3 windows, reached a cl final (which pockets you a ton of cash) and qualified for Europe again. Money is there regardless.
Contrary to reports your valuations of players seem considerably lower than the asking prices. While there are likely to be funds is there enough to prize these players from their respective clubs ? Your could find yourselves in a similar situation that city have had in rejecting transactions due to the demands. We live in a very nasty market where English clubs get a special inflation.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Contrary to reports your valuations of players seem considerably lower than the asking prices. While there are likely to be funds is there enough to prize these players from their respective clubs ? Your could find yourselves in a similar situation that city have had in rejecting transactions due to the demands. We live in a very nasty market where English clubs get a special inflation.
Maybe we're refusing to meet certain asking prices, but that's not because we don't have the funds, I'd say that's more a transfer strategy thing.

The money is there to sign players, 100%. We just have tough negotiators at the head of things who won't want to overpay and will constantly be looking for deals.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets

I think the problem is Eriksen only sees the likes of RM or Barca as an upgrade over Spurs. So if those clubs don't come in he will stay and sign a new contract. Its not like he just wants out to anywhere.

Then Spurs will roll back their interest in the likes of Lo Celso who they seemed to be chasing as Eriksens replacement.

Andersonson

For those of you who really wants him, what kind of midfielder is he? What is he very good at? How does he fit in?

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I think the problem is Eriksen only sees the likes of RM or Barca as an upgrade over Spurs. So if those clubs don't come in he will stay and sign a new contract. Its not like he just wants out to anywhere.

Then Spurs will roll back their interest in the likes of Lo Celso who they seemed to be chasing as Eriksens replacement.
Possibly though I'm fairly hopeful that we would still get Lo Celso in even if Eriksen signs a new contract as it would be a fantastic upgrade of our squad options instantly. Also quietly hopeful that we can sign N'Dombele who would be my number 1 choice for midfield.

Mind you after two transfer windows when we signed nobody it may be possible that I'm having some sort of 'funny turn'.

Get young talent

I agree that all the money go into the new stadium and sports complex, but i'm still saying that they are a selling club, that now sell regularily there best player.

I agree that they are one of the best academy, but the finality off it, is selling the best product.

That's true Lyon shouldn't even try to compete with the same weapons, their best chance is the one that they eventually picked, they are one of the rare french club to own its stadium and they have an excellent academy. Unlike PSG, they now rely on themselves and nobody else, no sugar daddy, no local politicians.
I never said they should compete with PSG in market, I said they should compete on the playing ground, thanks to there academy product and some cheap / smart scouting.

But in order to do that, they should keep there best players, year after year, and add better one to the mix, when they can, just like any ambitious club will do.

@Get young talent You couldn't be more wrong, Aulas said he won't sell more than 3 starters and he's far from "greedy" really. All his sales were reasonables price wise.
Don't mistake him for Monaco's owners
@BalanceUnAutreJoint ,

What kind of club mentaly prepare the fans, to accept the sell of 3 key players before the transfer window open ?

A selling club

What kind of club give verbal agrement to there best player, allowing them to leave easily after a fixed amount of year, regardless of there contract situation ?

A selling club

Nb:

For the people that don't know about this, Lacazette was allowed to leave because of this and this summer it's Fekir turn. The next one was supposed to be Mendy and Aulas declared that he will not sell this summer but maybe the next one, but Real came and he bend over, again.

Beside CR7, United or any big club never do this verbal agrement for there best player.

You don't believe it ?

Take a look at the following starting 11, that only need to feel in 3 positions.

Lacazette

Aouar Fekir RW

Tolisso Ndombele

Mendy Umtiti CB RB

Lloris

If they looked like that, i can garanty you that they will compete for the ligue 1 and the CL, all for a transfer budget close to 0 €, because most of them are academy product and the other has been bought for peanuts.

Why they doesn't look like that ?

Because Aulas doesn't care to compete, he is a seller and will still be, atleast untill his beautifull stadium and sports complex will be fully payed.

NB : The Monaco case is completly different. There was on good track to challenge in all front, than his ex wife divorced and stripped him of half his fortune, forcing him to flush all his ambition out of the window, and become a selling club.

Maybe we're refusing to meet certain asking prices, but that's not because we don't have the funds, I'd say that's more a transfer strategy thing.

The money is there to sign players, 100%. We just have tough negotiators at the head of things who won't want to overpay and will constantly be looking for deals.
Of course we doesn't want to pay, because this is robbery price.
If the PL teams keep playing hard ball like that, i can predict the end of transfer between PL teams as soon as next year. All new player will come from other league or lower english league, because no PL team want to do sensible business anymore.

Why would he join us? Pogba probably leaving and we are in the Europa. Doubt he will come here tbh.
Because unlike Spurs we can pay the 75 M € asked by Lyon in a single payment and we can give him a huge contract around 250 k £ per week, like Martial.

No matter the state of the club, we should try like we did for De Ligt and if he reject us, move on, but don't give up without trying.

Last edited:

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Possibly though I'm fairly hopeful that we would still get Lo Celso in even if Eriksen signs a new contract as it would be a fantastic upgrade of our squad options instantly. Also quietly hopeful that we can sign N'Dombele who would be my number 1 choice for midfield.

Mind you after two transfer windows when we signed nobody it may be possible that I'm having some sort of 'funny turn'.

I was under the impression the Eriksen money was what you would be purchasing Lo Celso with. N'Dombele being the main target and using up your xfer budget?

Because unlike Spurs we can pay the 75 M € asked by Lyon in a single payment and we can give him a huge contract around 250 k £ per week, like Martial.

No matter the state of the club, we should try like we did for De Ligt and if he reject us, move on, but don't give up without trying.
I agree we should at least be watching developments, but a lot depends on Pogba for us. And no CL might be a deal breaker. At that point it doesnt matter how much we can pay Lyon if the player just isnt interested. And tbh I want players hungry to be here. Not just players turning up and collecting a pay packet ala Sanchez.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I was under the impression the Eriksen money was what you would be purchasing Lo Celso with. N'Dombele being the main target and using up your xfer budget?

I agree we should at least be watching developments, but a lot depends on Pogba for us. And no CL might be a deal breaker. At that point it doesnt matter how much we can pay Lyon if the player just isnt interested. And tbh I want players hungry to be here. Not just players turning up and collecting a pay packet ala Sanchez.

From what I've read that might be true but it's equally possible we will get Lo Celso regardless - N'Dombele will be seperate for sure and hopefully our main target as you say.

I could just be wildly optimistic (insane) but I think we will splash the cash this summer and bring in some real quality.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
I could just be wildly optimistic (insane) but I think we will splash the cash this summer and bring in some real quality.
I think you need to.

Still im awaiting those last 5mins of deadline day when all your main targets have gone to clubs actually willing to pay the demanded fees. For Levy to throw out a low ball offer for Maddison that is summarily rejected out of hand by Leicester so you end up promoting an academy player as Eriksens replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.