Tanguy Ndombele | Signed For Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Another player who is not similar to him at all.
Except they're black and play CM. I don't get where those comparisons come from (Sissoko, now Bakayoko) from a football perspective.

More like mousa dembele former spurs player than sissoko.

Could definitely be coached to play as a 6 as well. I think he should be one of the additions in midfeild .
Now that is much close in terms of comparison. NDombele is also a better passer than Dembele

jesperjaap

I wouldnt agree with the person saying he is a generational talent, though to be fair he has seen a lot more of him than me. Have seen a handful of Lyon league games and quite a few of him in the champions league. I would say he is a very good player though. He was excellent against both City and Barcelona in the cl and would probably be the perfect replacement for Matic (totally different players).
I would be surprised and frustrated if we werent interested in signing him even though he is probably the most expensive of the players we could sign for that position that I like. There are a few options, I wouldnt mind Rice or Ascacibar either but one of those isnt moving this summer I feel and the other we havent been linked with at all. NDOmbele is the best of them by far with the ball at his feet though, that is for sure

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I do not agree,

Aouar has played with Ndombele as double pivot but he also has been shifted all over the midfield and the wing.

I have seen Ndombele as pivot without Aouar, but i have never seen Aouar as a pivot without Ndombele.

I'm not saying that Aouar his bad as a pivot, because he is excellent, but I believe that Ndombele allow Aouar to play well as a pivot thanks to his energy, just like Kante allow Pogba to play well for the french nt.

Not the over way around.

I also noticed that Deschamps has given the Kante spot to Ndombele when he was absent, not Aouar, that suggest he see the former as a better option.

I also noticed that Spurs, Real (Zidane and the fans) and PSG (Mbappe) all want him, not Aouar.

I mean, are they all wrong ?

JJ12, I'm sorry that you can't see from his video that he is super talent (nothing like Sissoko), but maybe you should trust Deschamps and Zidane in this case.

He is the real midfield deal of this window, he is better than De Jong and De Beek.
So you disagree with something that I didn't talked about?

El-Manos

We linked to him by a reliable source or not really? Have a feeling we aren’t in for him.

Mainoldo

No, it's a perfectly reasonable prediction based on the evidence of the last 6 years.
Everytime we’ve achieved champions league we’ve looked more attractive than them and we still do. So what do you mean?

There’s not a world class player out there picking Spurs over us. Would be like picking Valencia over Barca in the same league table predicament.

Get young talent

Who was talking about pivots?
I was always talking about pivot, because this is the most important position in a modern team.

Since Makelele case with Real, everyone should know that the pivot are the engine of a team.

I believe that United lost to Barca in the finals, because of Yaya Toure and Busquet.

I believe that Leceister won the PL because of Kante

NB : I'm not saying that you don't need great attacking and defensive options to win, but the engine is the most vital position.

@Get young talent It's literally the other way around. Aouar can play in a double pivot, as a CM in a 3 men midfield, on the wing and as a 10.
Ndombele never gets moved from his position because he can't play anywhere else.

@GlastonSpur In the world? No idea, It's a tough call, I don't think there's a single young midfielder who is far ahead and shoulders above the rest like Mbappe for attackers or De Ligt amongst defenders.
No, Aouar can be shifted because Ndombele do the work no matter his partener.

Play Aouar where you want, if Ndombele is not playing, the level massively drop.

Not the over way around.

I repeat that i can't see a better under 23 yo player in his position.

He reminds me so much of Mousa Dembele (former Spurs midfielder). His unreal upper body strength, the way he shields the ball, etc...

The main difference imo is that Ndombele is a better passer and has better vision, while Dembele probably had a better dribble on him.
Yes, i agree completely

Last edited:
Reactions: golden_blunder

Craig Ward

From what I've seen of this guy, he is exactly the kind of midfielder we need to be targeting.

Worrying the little links we have to midfielders, he'd be a massive hit at Spurs

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
Does this guy run a lot? Or do Aouar & Tousart have to cover for him?

After seeing Fellaini & Matic lumbering around the park at snails pace, I don't care how good this guy's short passing / key passing is.

We need someone that can run plenty, tackle plenty, intercept plenty, be disciplined in his position & occasionally spring long balls to trigger counters. And it's not this poser Ndombele

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Everytime we’ve achieved champions league we’ve looked more attractive than them and we still do. So what do you mean?

There’s not a world class player out there picking Spurs over us. Would be like picking Valencia over Barca in the same league table predicament.
There are a lot of factors for players choosing a club. To outright just say he would choose us over Spurs is not really giving them enough credit. Some players CL will be an absolute must, other players might look purely at wages. Other players will look at how much game time they will get. Others will look at location and what their significant other / family wants. Others the manager and style of football being played and where they see themselves in the team. You had the likes of De Jong coming out and saying he was really tempted to move to Spurs last season.

So many variables to outright just say every player ever is going to choose us over Spurs.

As for Ndombele I think it would be a good move for the player. Spurs' midfield is poor without much depth, he is going to walk into that starting 11 and get a lot of game time. London based club, CL football, game time, progressive football and a manager that is viewed as willing to give young players a chance. They certainly tick a lot of boxes.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
No they are not.
Of course they are. They're a tiny team from London. (3rd biggest)

Once Poch/Kane go they'll be back to where they usually are. We've messed up the last few years but we won't get it wrong forever.

Infra-red

Picking Napoli over AC Milan, is a more accurate analogy.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
… They're a tiny team from London. …
Yes, a "tiny" club that just happens to have:

* A brand-new, state-of the-art, multi-purpose stadium.
* A world-class training centre, now complete with player lodge.
* Risen into the global top 10, income-wise.
* One of the world's most sought-after managers.
* A valuation that's higher than Juventus, PSG and Atlético de Madrid.
* Just reached the CL final and now looks forward to CL football again for the 4th consecutive season.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

* Just reached the CL final and now looks forward to CL football again for the 4th consecutive season.
:lol::lol::lol:

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
He's right, everyone will jump at the chance to play in their new stadium, whatever its name is.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

@Get young talent I think you haven't watched many Lyon games then.
Ndombele hardly has an impact in how Lyon play against 90% of their League opponents.

He is vital against bigger teams who are going to have possession and play high.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Woah, a player lodge.
Yep. It actually makes a significant difference, especially when it's built to a very high standard. https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2018/may/an-exclusive-first-look-inside-the-lodge/

Following on from the Brazilian national team, who chose to base themselves there whilst in the UK, the USA woman's national team is the latest to give our training centre rave reviews:
https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/20...inds-perfect-fit-at-tottenham-training-ground

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Still a tiny cock club.

Once Chelsea/United/Arsenal get their acts together you won't be top 4 for much longer.

Poch will get the hump and be off.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Meh. We'll mess about with Pogba for a couple weeks, he refuses to lower his wage demands, united refuse to lower his price, and we move on this guy

If he waits these couple weeks before agreeing to go somewhere else, he'll be a real madrid player

MagicKarpet

Supports
Tottenham
Still a tiny cock club.

Once Chelsea/United/Arsenal get their acts together you won't be top 4 for much longer.

People have been saying that for the last 4 years, please change the record.

Decomposing In Paris

Meh. We'll mess about with Pogba for a couple weeks, he refuses to lower his wage demands, united refuse to lower his price, and we move on this guy

If he waits these couple weeks before agreeing to go somewhere else, he'll be a real madrid player
Bet he's dying to go to a club that makes him such a priority.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Still a tiny cock club.

Yawn. Enjoy your amazing season with the ex-Molde and failed Cardiff manager at the helm with your legion of under performing and over rated players. If you want to get into stuff like that then be prepared to get it back.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Yawn. Enjoy your amazing season with the ex-Molde and failed Cardiff manager at the helm with your legion of under performing and over rated players. If you want to get into stuff like that then be prepared to get it back.
And when you realise this is ManUtd forum, good chance you might be banned.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
And when you realise this is ManUtd forum, good chance you might be banned.
It's a Utd forum sure but I don't think that gives people the right to say stuff like he just did and expect no come back. It's not a dictatorship here, it's an open forum.

Ban stick incoming in three... two... one...

Gandalf

Nice bit of banter but you might have brought a knife to a gunfight. Lets start with the fact that we have won 2 trophies during the reign of the mighty Poch whilst he has won how many? I can wait all day :D

dasty

Appeared in the CL for first time ever in their whole history only to lose tamely, yet started acting like they are some giant club. We still won way more trophies than you in recent seasons, no matter how "amazing" you lot think you are. We could go on to be shit for another decade and you lot won't even be anywhere close to catching up, be it financially or trophy count or club size.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Nice bit of banter but you might have brought a knife to a gunfight. Lets start with the fact that we have won 2 trophies during the reign of the mighty Poch whilst he has won how many? I can wait all day :D
:lol: Hey I know all that - I get it. Am I not allowed to throw the odd dig in here and there or am I expected just to sit and take all the hits because it's a Utd forum!

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Appeared in the CL for first time ever in their whole history only to lose tamely, yet started acting like they are some giant club. We still won way more trophies than you in recent seasons, no matter how "amazing" you lot think you are. We could go on to be shit for another decade and you lot won't even be anywhere close to catching up, be it financially or trophy count or club size.
Did I say we were amazing? Nope, not me. No sirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeee.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
:lol: Hey I know all that - I get it. Am I not allowed to throw the odd dig in here and there or am I expected just to sit and take all the hits because it's a Utd forum!
Why not? That's what you generally do when it matters.

Gandalf

Happy with the digs, adds to the fun around here just so long as people don't cross lines. Clearly right now I would swap 7 or 8 of our starting 11 for yours but I live in hope that the situation will reverse again soon.

Get young talent

Aside from De Ligt, he's the player I most want. He'd make Pogba better, or help replace him.
Exactly

I can't understand why we are looking somewhere else.

I mean, where was the scout when he played well against PSG in the ligue 1, against City in the CL, against Barca in the CL, for the French nt alongside Pogba.

I mean, he is only 22 yo and has been put in the transfert market by his president way before Mendy was, and the later his already at Real.

Why are we wasting time like that ?

From what I've seen of this guy, he is exactly the kind of midfielder we need to be targeting.

Worrying the little links we have to midfielders, he'd be a massive hit at Spurs
Yes, he will be a hit anywhere he will be.

And i'm starting to believe that we will miss out, again.

According to the french media, United was in pole position, then without any explanation we switched to Fernandes, Rice, Longstaff, Partey, Madisson, Rabiot, Tielsman and now we are back to Fernandes, but we still didn't get anyone.

We need atleast 2 midfielders and we still didn't make any offer, while Spurs already make one.

NB :

I also noticed that City and Spurs pulled away from Fernandes, leaving us clear, yet we still waiting for whatever raison.

I mean, he is good enought or not ?

For me he is not, and we are about to get robbed some huge money for a 25 yo, Gibson 2.0.

Of course they are. They're a tiny team from London. (3rd biggest)

Once Poch/Kane go they'll be back to where they usually are. We've messed up the last few years but we won't get it wrong forever.
They can be tiny, huge or whatever you want.

They are better than us, in the CL next year, just reached the final of the previous edition and can pay decent money.

We messed up the last few years and there is no indication that will change soon, especialy when we waste time like that instead of going all out for yours targets, now.

Heh. We're real madrid
I hate evrything related to this club.

They are the biggest stars robber of this world and nothing else.

Still can't believe we managed to sell them CR7 when we were strong in CL and they where piss poor.

Do people realise that the CL they got with him should be yours.

That SAF wanted Bale and Modric, and will probably have them if CR7 was still there.

All the dross started because of them.

They get Beckham, RVN and CR7 from us, yet we can't get Varane.

They make us look weak.

Get young talent

Come on, the time is up. Pogba want out. Get this guy in, now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.