Tanguy Ndombele | Signed For Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
So what was the reason for struggling to sign players last year?
I think the club got fed up with mou asking for us to sign the likes of perisic, Toby and Willian for ridiculous money

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
That won't help, obviously. But it is starting to look like the board have turned the taps off.
Whatever is going on, if the board doesn't support ole then they will be toast. It's one thing treating a mercenary like shit and it's another thing doing it to a club legend on his first decent transfer window

El-Manos

Don’t care about N’Dombele, providing we land a quality midfielder ourselves. Which we probably won’t anyway.

Patrick08

Have they signed everyone? What about the players juve signed? Have madrid signed those too?
We can't sign every one arguments used for a player we should sign who will strenthen a top 4 rival at our cost, while then people and pundits come out with a opinion of this is going to take Too long to fix.. Yes it is because we are effn clueless about who should we sign.

Juventus on a limited budget signed everyone they need..yes. They have.

Last edited:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Another signing like Fabinho that was obvious at the time we really needed (even though some were in denial for whatever reason). Same case now, will be a massive boost for them and actually give them a competent midfielder for a change.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
The issue is no matter what player is signed by our rivals, people post the same shit about how we should of been signing said player. We can't sign everyone
We haven't signed anyone, that's the problem. We don't look like signing anyone either.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
A reminder that so far juventus have signed Ramsey....and that's it. They have practically closed deals for demiral and romero, are very close to rabiot and close to de ligt. But they haven't signed any of them yet

bosnian_red

The issue is no matter what player is signed by our rivals, people post the same shit about how we should of been signing said player. We can't sign everyone
It's not every player, it's just the obvious ones that we shouldve gone after for reasonable prices in positions of great need for us (i.e., shouldnt be hard to convince Mahrez to join United as a key player ahead of a bench player for City. Fabinho when Mourinho managed him before as our CDM and we blatantly were in need, even more so when he can play CB or RB, and so on...). We have half a starting 11 that needs changing, and the quality players for decent prices are out there. We should be getting someone who fixes that position. If we pass on Ndombele for someone else, fine. But that's not really the case, is it?

bosnian_red

I think it's a bit ridiculous we're castigating the club for not signing a player it appears we were never seriously in for.
The issue is we shouldve been interested because it's a big gap in the squad with Herrera gone because we couldn't renew him.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
It's not every player, it's just the obvious ones that we shouldve gone after for reasonable prices in positions of great need for us (i.e., shouldnt be hard to convince Mahrez to join United as a key player ahead of a bench player for City. Fabinho when Mourinho managed him before as our CDM and we blatantly were in need, even more so when he can play CB or RB, and so on...). We have half a starting 11 that needs changing, and the quality players for decent prices are out there. We should be getting someone who fixes that position. If we pass on Ndombele for someone else, fine. But that's not really the case, is it?
There are no obvious signings. Everyone wanted Fred, Matic, Pogba, Sanchez, Shaw, Falcao and when said signings don't work out ed woodward gets the blame for poor recruiting. It's tiresome listening to the moaning when a player is signed by a rival in which people feel United should of signed. That's football. I think people are overreacting a little if I'm honest.

Summit

We haven't signed anyone, that's the problem. We don't look like signing anyone either.
Actually we have signed someone and are on the brink of signing someone else. Problem is the players we've signed you feel aren't the platers you think we should sign. I get it, I have my reservations too, but you know what? I wanted to sign the ready made superstars too.. Di Maria, Falcao, Sanchez, Pogba blah blah. One thing is for certain, we don't seem to do well with the ready made stars, so signing up and coming talent I'm all for

bosnian_red

There are no obvious signings. Everyone wanted Fred, Matic, Pogba, Sanchez, Shaw, Falcao and when said signings don't work out ed woodward gets the blame for poor recruiting. It's tiresome listening to the moaning when a player is signed by a rival in which people feel United should of signed. That's football. I think people are overreacting a little if I'm honest.
Not everyone wanted Fred, the majority never watched him but just went by the "hey we need a midfielder, should be fine" route. Many were meh on Matic given price and age and everyone knew it was short term. Falcao? He was a loan 6 months after tearing his ACL and when we had RvP and Rooney. Big name, but was always pretty pointless. That's not even hindsight, that was the case at the time. People got hyped up, but it wasnt an "obvious signing".

An obvious signing right now is we need a right back -> buy a right back. Or centerback. Or defensive mid. Or box to box mid. Or right wing. 5 positions where we currently put trash out in the team, and for years we've ignored some of those positions. So yes, fans have every right to be pissed off or annoyed at quality players going to smaller clubs with lower budgets who would walk into our starting 11. Not every signing works out, but there absolutely is obvious signings. You have a weakness, a player is available that directly addresses that weakness, you can afford him, he's on the move. That's called "an obvious signing".

This is exactly the stuff we heard last year with Fabinho. "Hes not actually that good, we have Matic, what's the point, can't sign everyone, etc etc etc". Fabinho wouldve been perfect, Ndombele wouldve been perfect, Rabiot wouldve done very well, Nicholas Pepe would be a massive boost to our right wing, and the list goes on. It's not like people are annoyed by a quality player picking barca/madrid/pep/more money over United. That happens. It's fecking Spurs buying a player for a reasonable price, for sure on reasonable wages, further separating themselves ahead of the rest of the top 6 and moving them closer to the top 2 instead of United at least making an effort for him when we're woeful in his position. That's just not acceptable.

Patrick08

It's tiresome listening to the moaning when a player is signed that people seen fit for United. That's football. I think people are overreacting a little if I'm honest.
Kante goes to Chelsea, fabinho goes to liverpool, rodri goes to city, Herrera leaves for free, long before dembele went to spurs ( they are finishing above us since than mostly) and while a player who no one wants in matic signs for us, and we repeatedly come up with this poor arguements "oh we can't sign everyone". While finishing outside top 4 all these years.

Fans moan and have a meltdown as they can see what is wrong with us and where we will be as a team at the end of the season.

Borussin

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Remember bakayoko and keita...
You would be wise not to write Keita off! He was getting his game together before getting injured late last season and was finally looking like the Keita people know from Leipzig. He'll be fine.

I wonder what the actual full fee is for Ndombele, 62m plus add ons, could be anything from 65m to about 80m. Spurs making a big move though. Maybe this is the signing that will signal a flurry of activity.

bosnian_red

Remember bakayoko and keita...
Bakayoko was always shite, many (including me...) said at the time that Bernardo Silva, Mbappe and Fabinho were the 3 standouts in that team while bakayoko and mendy were more just athletes.

Also Keita is quality, he'll impress next season.

Summit

Emre can, Ramsey, probably Rabiot, have pjanic, Ronaldo, bonucchi from Milan, probably deligt, bernandeshi last season.
I thought you were talking players signed this window? Also two players haven't been signed, they are probably signings, but not signed.

While we're on Juve though, their fans were in uproar when they let us have Pogba and blew all the money on Higuain. They aren't perfect

Patrick08

I thought you were talking players signed this window? Also two players haven't been signed, they are probably signings, but not signed
Does it matter if it's this window or not? They get all the players they need to become a top top team. Why deflect the discussion to totally unimportant and irrelevant point of how many have they signed this window.

Summit

Does it matter if it's this window or not? They get all the players they need to become a top top team. Why deflect the point to totally unimportant point of how many have they signed this window.
Because you were the one making out they have signed everyone this window. You have changed to goalposts on that when it has been pointed out to you they've signed Ramsey.

soaphroniscuss

You gotta be kidding me. Maddison will cost the same amount as Ndombele. And Longstaff does not want to leave Newcastle. This is such a dumb attitude to have. Ndombele will be a huge asset for Spurs. We are penny pinching when we've could easily get these deals done.
Weirdly when I was writing my post above I first wrote if Spurs end up getting Ndombele and we ended up buying Longstaff and Maddison I would probably die of laughter with the way our club is heading.
IMO and from what I have seen, as the saying goes,

NDombele is similar to Wanyama is that his play can be a bit scrappy and I don't think that will work well in our team, at this stage of our development. At the moment we need to focus on players who strengths include comfort on the ball and the ability to accurately knit play together. Longstaff is similar to Matic and will be good enough for the next few years. Maddison should be a target. If both of these players are not available then fine, we should look elsewhere.

In our team Ndombele would have the same problem that Bakayoko had in the Prem as 1. his size, strength and athleticism wouldn't be as much of an advantage here and 2. like Bakoyoko, NDombele often plays (and moves) with the ball too far away from his body and/or not fully under control.

Poch somehow got Wanyama to work so might do the same with NDombele in their team and ditto for the French national team, but for our current team we need players with more composure on the ball.

Saying that (i.e. after spouting all that garbage) I could see how he could work as a disciplined defensive midfielder with a restricted role but not if he had other more expansive responsibilities.

Now saying all of that I am more than ready to be convinced otherwise. If you have an suggestions of games of his that I can watch that might show the other side(s) of his game please let me know.

Patrick08

Because you were the one making out they have signed everyone this window. You have changed to goalposts on that when it has been pointed out to you they've signed Ramsey.
Oh come on are we really having this argument now?

sp_107

All players know how difficult it is to negotiate with Levy so why they go to Spurs as they know it will be impossible to get better contracts in future or the possibility of joining other big clubs will be blocked once they go there. so why any player go there if he has other offers from big clubs?

Summit

Oh come on are we really having this argument now?
No we aren't cause I'm not in a place you're in because spurs are signing a player. :lol:

Put your feet up, have a beer and chill the feck out lad

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Actually we have signed someone and are on the brink of signing someone else. Problem is the players we've signed you feel aren't the platers you think we should sign. I get it, I have my reservations too, but you know what? I wanted to sign the ready made superstars too.. Di Maria, Falcao, Sanchez, Pogba blah blah. One thing is for certain, we don't seem to do well with the ready made stars, so signing up and coming talent I'm all for
I'm with you but Ndombele is exactly the "young, hungry talent" we should be signing. He's not in the same bracket as the names you mentioned. Him and Rabiot would have transformed our team and we would have made a statement, instead we're going to end up with an unhappy Pogba and Longstaff in midfield.
I know I sound like a pessimist but I have 0 faith in our board to actually turn this around.

NJM78

I'm with you but Ndombele is exactly the "young, hungry talent" we should be signing. He's not in the same bracket as the names you mentioned. Him and Rabiot would have transformed our team and we would have made a statement, instead we're going to end up with an unhappy Pogba and Longstaff in midfield.
I know I sound like a pessimist but I have 0 faith in our board to actually turn this around.
Fecking Longstaff, if he ends up being our only midfield signing then we truly are fecked.

Patrick08

No we aren't cause I'm not in a place you're in because spurs are signing a player. :lol:

Put your feet up, have a beer and chill the feck out lad
:lol:
Spurs are signing a very important player which will make them a better team than us and finish above us and also be a better team than us one on one on paper, at our expense and at our champions league status expense, and you want to act so chill out as nothing significant is happening and we will sign someone better than him while being a better team?

Some way to try to deny the obvious.

Brazillian_tekkers

Not everyone wanted Fred, the majority never watched him but just went by the "hey we need a midfielder, should be fine" route. Many were meh on Matic given price and age and everyone knew it was short term. Falcao? He was a loan 6 months after tearing his ACL and when we had RvP and Rooney. Big name, but was always pretty pointless. That's not even hindsight, that was the case at the time. People got hyped up, but it wasnt an "obvious signing".

An obvious signing right now is we need a right back -> buy a right back. Or centerback. Or defensive mid. Or box to box mid. Or right wing. 5 positions where we currently put trash out in the team, and for years we've ignored some of those positions. So yes, fans have every right to be pissed off or annoyed at quality players going to smaller clubs with lower budgets who would walk into our starting 11. Not every signing works out, but there absolutely is obvious signings. You have a weakness, a player is available that directly addresses that weakness, you can afford him, he's on the move. That's called "an obvious signing".

This is exactly the stuff we heard last year with Fabinho. "Hes not actually that good, we have Matic, what's the point, can't sign everyone, etc etc etc". Fabinho wouldve been perfect, Ndombele wouldve been perfect, Rabiot wouldve done very well, Nicholas Pepe would be a massive boost to our right wing, and the list goes on. It's not like people are annoyed by a quality player picking barca/madrid/pep/more money over United. That happens. It's fecking Spurs buying a player for a reasonable price, for sure on reasonable wages, further separating themselves ahead of the rest of the top 6 and moving them closer to the top 2 instead of United at least making an effort for him when we're woeful in his position. That's just not acceptable.
Exactly, thank you. This happens every year signings are either made or we "miss out" on players and there are some people who point out that it could be a mistake but as usual are ridiculed by the majority, some of whom haven't watched said players for more then 2 matches but are caught up by media hype. Along the season these ridiculed opinions are proven right but the fans who laughed at them are quick to forget about it and say no one wanted Fabinho or everyone wanted Falcao.

Ban

Is it official Spurs signed him so the panic can start or it has started beforehand?

Summit

:lol:
Spurs are signing a very important player which will make them a better team than us and finish above us and also be a better team than us one on one on paper, and you want to act so chill out as nothing significant is happening and we fill sign someone better than him while being a better team?

Some way to try to deny the obvious.
Well I'm not about to react on your level yet cause we have another month right? Is this player because they are losing Erikson maybe? If so is he better? We don't know what's gonna happen in the rest of the window

Ban

Well I'm not about to react on your level yet cause we have another month right? Is this player because they are losing Erikson maybe? If so is he better? We don't know what's gonna happen in the rest of the window
Go with the flow and hop on a panic bus.

NJM78

I think the mods should put a date on the caf when we are allowed to complain and be worried.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I think the mods should put a date on the caf when we are allowed to complain and be worried.
Or maybe a thread where you can freely meltdown, if you do it outside of it you are banned.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
All players know how difficult it is to negotiate with Levy so why they go to Spurs as they know it will be impossible to get better contracts in future or the possibility of joining other big clubs will be blocked once they go there. so why any player go there if he has other offers from big clubs?
That's not the case. Generally, where merited, Spurs offer players new, performance-related improved contracts on a regular basis.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
Don't think signing Ndombele has any bearing on what happens to Eriksen, if Spurs sign Lo Celso too then that would probably indicate that Eriksen is off though.

Patrick08

Well, may be because your overly optimistic self cant see the writing on the wall and you still keep faith in Woodward and this clueless board that something better will happen in the coming month than him signing for Tottenham.

By the way, n dombele will be their moussa dembele replacement and not erikson replacement if he goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.