Tanguy Ndombele | Signed For Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Hopefully the first of at least 3 signings, he is the player I wanted and unusually for a Spurs fan the player we seem to have got. COYS.

Seems Poch was a big part in him coming , seems to show his commitment too.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Do you see him a role similar to Fred's role or further upfield?
Fred doesn't have a role, so I can't really answer. But Ndombélé is more or less like Mousa Dembélé a defensive box to box, he doesn't sit in front of the defense.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Not sure I see Ndombele being worth 60+15 Euros, they only bought him last season for what - 10m? Be a cracking deal for Amiens, they get an extra 10m.

JPRouve

Scout
Not sure I see Ndombele being worth 60+15 Euros, they only bought him last season for what - 10m? Be a cracking deal for Amiens, they get an extra 10m.
He wasn't worth 10m last year though, he only costed that amount because Lyon took him on loan with option to buy the previous season when he had barely played in Ligue 1.

Shadowcore

Fred doesn't have a role, so I can't really answer. But Ndombélé is more or less like Mousa Dembélé a defensive box to box, he doesn't sit in front of the defense.
Fred is a more attacking optio compared to ndombele. A great acquisition for spurs

arthurka

We are utterly hopeless under this regime. Longstaff and James it is, with Ozan close. All fine players in 2-3 years time..

JPRouve

Scout
Muppets do.
Yeah, I don't think he would or at least I don't think I would. As much as I want to look at the bright side, the sky is very clouded, I wouldn't have faith on the current team, I wouldn't trust the club to improve the team because they didn't do it after Pogba joined and the manager has done nothing interesting as a manager.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Yeah, I don't think he would or at least I don't think I would. As much as I want to look at the bright side, the sky is very clouded, I wouldn't have faith on the current team, I wouldn't trust the club to improve the team because they didn't do it after Pogba joined and the manager has done nothing interesting as a manager.
This summer was supposed to be exciting but so far it's been terrible :lol: Like you, lack of CL never made me hopeful that this signing was possible.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He wasn't worth 10m last year though, he only costed that amount because Lyon took him on loan with option to buy the previous season when he had barely played in Ligue 1.
Ah yes, forgot about that. Still, it's quite a jump for 2 seasons. I'm happy for Amiens getting a big chunk of that profit though - good business by them

JPRouve

Scout
Ah yes, forgot about that. Still, it's quite a jump for 2 seasons. I'm happy for Amiens getting a big chunk of that profit though - good business by them
It's a normal jump for a young player, it would be a big jump if he moved to Lyon in his prime but it makes total sense that a young player with 5 games in a top league will cost a lot more after 2 seasons, 60 league games and a dozen of continental games where he played very well, on top of that he became a french international.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
It's a normal jump for a young player, it would be a big jump if he moved to Lyon in his prime but it makes total sense that a young player with 5 games in a top league will cost a lot more after 2 seasons, 60 league games and a dozen of continental games where he played very well, on top of that he became a french international.
True, I probably can't get over 60m being the new norm.

Irrational.

Let's look through our transfer targets:

Sancho X
Koulibaly X
De Ligt X
Maguire X
Rabiot X
N'Dombele X

James
AWB - just about over the line
Fernandes - still up in the air

JPRouve

Scout
True, I probably can't get over 60m being the new norm.
I wouldn't call it the new norm, so I totally get your point. There are players that are as good or close to that level and far cheaper. Some players have potential and are more like Ndombélé when he moved to Lyon, like Thiago Maia who appears to be Lyon's main target, I assume that if Lyon are after him, he isn't close to 60m.

AgentSquirrel

Let's look through our transfer targets:

Sancho X
Koulibaly X
De Ligt X
Maguire X
Rabiot X
N'Dombele X

James
AWB - just about over the line
Fernandes - still up in the air
How do we know what our transfer targets are? We’ve been linked with about 100 players in the past 2 weeks.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
He really isn't. Spurs basically had a free run at him.
Aulas said a few weeks ago there was interest from several big clubs in Europe, I doubt there was no other interest in a player with his potential. I am actually surprised that we apparently have got him.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Aulas said a few weeks ago there was interest from several big clubs in Europe, I doubt there was no other interest in a player with his potential. I am actually surprised that we apparently have got him.

It's in Aulas's interest to raise up clubs. None of the English media has linked us to him so far. Juve probably are looking towards Pogba.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Great signing for Spurs btw. Their midfield apart from Eriksen(who's probably more of an attacker) was dogshit. Now they need to reinforce at fullback.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Interest and offers are different things

MetoTTT

Mohamed Bouhafsi reported it (Spurs in pole position for him). He's a reliable RMC journalist so it has to be true.

kouroux

Of course he'd say that, it could only contribute to an increase in fee. Aulas is very clever

Castia

Never mind guys I’m sure Longstaff and Rice will be the better choice.

fecking hell.

Nigel Refalo

Was the ideal target for our midfield woes.

Makes perfect sense for Woodward not going for him. :drool:

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
A midfielder that redcafe wants is a midfielder that will not work out for our team.

A midfielder that redcafe doesn’t not want is a midfielder that works out for our team.

That’s my theory anyway (see Carrick vs Fred,Schmidfield)

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Of course he'd say that, it could only contribute to an increase in fee. Aulas is very clever
Of course this is true, but its not like Ndombele isn't seen as a great propect, it seems the general feeling is "Oh Tottenham seem to have got him, hes really no that good" :lol:.

kouroux

Of course this is true, but its not like Ndombele isn't seen as a great propect, it seems the general feeling is "Oh Tottenham seem to have got him, hes really no that good" :lol:.
Not for me, I really wanted him at United because I think he can develop into a world class midfielder. Sometimes, circumstances are just perfect for certain clubs( Spurs here) to sign a promising player without huge competition

Whiskey Red

Supports
Liverpool
If they get him that's quite a coup for Spurs, surprised there's not more competition for him. Exactly what they need aswell.

chicha14

Be gutted if we don't get him, I would be be absolutely devastated if we went for Dier as reports suggest.

Would love him, Rabiot and Fernandes!

reddevilchennai

United have far better players in thier team than Ndombele. That's according to Mr.Ed Woodward.

Actually its really sad that Spurs are gonna get him without any other clubs bidding for him. Wait for him to develop into a classy midfielder and then talks of United buying from Spurs will arise.

Status
Not open for further replies.