Tariq Lamptey

HairyBack23

I'm not watching the match now but I wasn't the most impressed with him last season because he seemed just like a pacey dribbler playing as a full back bit like Sessgnon at Fulham.

Has he been good apart from his pace and dribbling? Are these good creative stats seen vs Leeds seen against other clubs?
Lazy comparison. Completely different players

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He isn’t on loan. He wouldn’t sign a contract extension so we sold him rather than let him leave on a free. Also supposedly includes a buyback clause.
Livramento isn't on loan, he was sold because his contract was running down. We have a buy-back option, though.
Seems unlikely that he would be willing to return with James performing at an extremely high level though.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
This guy had our left wing on toast. Intelligent runs, tricky and fast as feck. Had a brilliant first half.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Average positions today. 2 is Lamptey. Playing as a wide forward, not a wing back.

KingCavani

It's not really his pace, he has phenomenal close control and as such his dribbling is top tier. Decent final ball too. The problem with him is that he's not a RB, he's too short for it, so he needs to play as a RWB or eventually convert to a RW, which is probably where he'll end up if he plays in a non-5 at the back system.

Sess at Fulham wasn't even really a full back nor a good dribbler, he player LF a lot and stood out because he scored goals, but then whenever teams have tried to play him at LB since he hasn't been very good.
Yeah that’s a bizarre comparison. Sessegnon was more renowned for coming onto the end of crosses at the back post. He was never really noted for carrying the ball forward.

Lamptey is almost like a bite sized Adama. His end product is showing far more promise though. Both would make fantastic wing backs. Conte would love.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Seems unlikely that he would be willing to return with James performing at an extremely high level though.
Yes - but potentially James could be moved to RCB as Azpi gets phased out, with Livramento coming in at RWB. I believe that our buyback clause only becomes active in the summer of 2023, so that timeline might make some sense.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Yes - but potentially James could be moved to RCB as Azpi gets phased out, with Livramento coming in at RWB. I believe that our buyback clause only becomes active in the summer of 2023, so that timeline might make some sense.
Would you really play James as a RCB when he is performing like this at RWB? Don't really see the need to change anything in this regard other than trying to force Livramento in the team. You should just sign a new CB.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Would you really play James as a RCB when he is performing like this at RWB? Don't really see the need to change anything in this regard other than trying to force Livramento in the team. You should just sign a new CB.
Against weaker teams he'd be a good option there - and it's worth remembering that that's where he played primarily in our academy.

He's such a good striker of the ball that it might not necessarily be a bad idea to get him into more central positions - although of late Tuchel has given our wingbacks much more freedom in that regard.

Anyway apologies for derailing the thread; I think you're right to say that it wouldn't necessarily be a priority for us, but as a way of potentially providing top-tier cover whilst adding an extra dimension to the team going forward it seems reasonable to consider (especially given the low price). This is probably why we were so keen on Hakimi this past summer all things considered.

AussieDevil

I’d rather give Laird a chance but if we prefer to sign someone it’s Livramento from Southampton. Go in for him at the end of the season whilst James is killing it at RWB for Chelsea, in that case they’re less likely to activate his buy back.

DOTA

I’d rather give Laird a chance but if we prefer to sign someone it’s Livramento from Southampton. Go in for him at the end of the season whilst James is killing it at RWB for Chelsea, in that case they’re less likely to activate his buy back.
According to someone above the clause isn't active next summer anyway.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
According to someone above the clause isn't active next summer anyway.
According to The Athletic, it's active from 2023 and would cost Chelsea a total of £38m - we also get a percentage of any fee Southampton receive:

And The Athletic can reveal that the terms of the transfer mean Southampton won’t have to start paying the £5 million fee until next summer. It is also understood that Chelsea’s agreed buyback clause does not kick in until 2023. That buyback clause is set at £50 million, although he would actually cost Chelsea around £38 million as they are in line to receive a share of the profit from the player’s next move.
https://theathletic.com/2856551/2021/09/29/have-chelsea-become-southamptons-ideal-feeder-club/

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Livramento is eligible to play for Scotland. It’s a choice he may actually make too with the right backs England and Portugal have.

Our right backs have been fantastic. Azpi, James and the two recently sold, Livramento and Lamptey. It’s a shame we have them all at the same time though.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Livramento is eligible to play for Scotland. It’s a choice he may actually make too with the right backs England and Portugal have.

Our right backs have been fantastic. Azpi, James and the two recently sold, Livramento and Lamptey. It’s a shame we have them all at the same time though.

If he's going to quit England, I reckon Portugal is a better bet than Scotland.

From an old interview....

"Do you remember your first football kit?

I have always been a Chelsea boy and have my uncle to thank for that as he wove it into our brains that there was no better team – from that moment on I only wore Chelsea kits. The royal blue colour was perfect and I was in love with it at first sight.

Later I wore Portugal and Real Madrid kits as I wanted to replicate my idol as well as my dad wanting me to support the country his side of my family comes from. I love the Portuguese kit and still have my first one with Luis Figo on the back.

As well as Portugal I loved the England kit. The 3 lions on the shirt carries so much passion and is a real statement in football. For me to have worn an England shirt as a young boy it’s been a dream come true to wear it as an England youth player."

There may be some but I can't find any quote about him wanting to emulate Alan Hutton.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
If he's going to quit England, I reckon Portugal is a better bet than Scotland.

From an old interview....

"Do you remember your first football kit?

I have always been a Chelsea boy and have my uncle to thank for that as he wove it into our brains that there was no better team – from that moment on I only wore Chelsea kits. The royal blue colour was perfect and I was in love with it at first sight.

Later I wore Portugal and Real Madrid kits as I wanted to replicate my idol as well as my dad wanting me to support the country his side of my family comes from. I love the Portuguese kit and still have my first one with Luis Figo on the back.

As well as Portugal I loved the England kit. The 3 lions on the shirt carries so much passion and is a real statement in football. For me to have worn an England shirt as a young boy it’s been a dream come true to wear it as an England youth player."

There may be some but I can't find any quote about him wanting to emulate Alan Hutton.
From a very recent article.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....scotland-could-land-another-full-25173663.amp

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Trying to get your son to switch from England to Scotland? I might call childline on his behalf.

Worst mothering I'vee seen since Livia Soprano.
She probably knows he has no chance behind James, Trent, Walker, Trippier etc etc.

Portugal have Cancelo, Pereira and Semedo.

Scotland have Nathan Patterson who doesn’t even get a game for his club.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
She probably knows he has no chance behind James, Trent, Walker, Trippier etc etc.

He's already better than Semedo and Pereira for whatever reason doesn't get a look in - Dalot has been in the squad recently and I've have Livramento over him as well.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

But maybe he fancies his chances of forcing himself into the picture?

Two years ago people were saying Trent and Wan Bissaka were going to deny James any chance of an international career and look how that panned out.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
But maybe he fancies his chances of forcing himself into the picture?

Two years ago people were saying Trent and Wan Bissaka were going to deny James any chance of an international career and look how that panned out.
Trent and Reece James will have that position covered for years. It’s a shame for promising young right backs.

Walker and Trippier are 31 so you have a chance to become the 3rd choice soon enough I suppose. But Lamptey and Livramento will both be fighting for that place. Wan Bissaka is nowhere near Trent and Reece James.

Classical Mechanic

Think Trippier is pretty much done with England. I think it will be between Lamptey and Livramento to take up the third spot in the coming years with one of them declaring for Ghana or Scotland/Portugal. Portugal is still a strong option for Livramento. Cancelo can play in both full back positions. Pereira is a bit overrated had one really good season but hasn't been involved with Portugal that much in his career and Semedo isn't that good either. Both are 10 years older than him too so there's a much clearer pathway for the future than there is with England.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Think Trippier is pretty much done with England. I think it will be between Lamptey and Livramento to take up the third spot in the coming years with one of them declaring for Ghana or Scotland/Portugal. Portugal is still a strong option for Livramento. Cancelo can play in both full back positions. Pereira is a bit overrated had one really good season but hasn't been involved with Portugal that much in his career and Semedo isn't that good either. Both are 10 years older than him too so there's a much clearer pathway than there is with England.
Portugal also have Nuno Mendes isn't it, who is also very talented player.

hopefully Laird will in these discussions in the near future.

JuriM

Raphaël Guerreiro also available for Portugal, although Dortmund have had their defensive issues he is still a player under right coach.

Classical Mechanic

I haven‘t been that impressed with Mendes in the little I‘ve seen of him for PSG. Obviously it’s a small sample and he’s only 19.

There’s Max Aarons for England too. He tends to start over Lamptey and Livramento for England u21 although I think that’s because he’s very experienced for his age in senior football unlike a lot of other players. Jamaica tried to poach him but he says he focused on playing for England. Seems like an uphill task for him but you never know.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Scotland have decent full backs options, however mostly on the left with Robertson and Tierney.

Portugal and England have loads on either side. Reece v Trent will be a battle for many years unless one is moved to another position.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Scotland would actually have the makings of a decent team with Livramento on the right. A proper striker and they'd be starting to have an interesting team.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Trent and Reece James will have that position covered for years. It’s a shame for promising young right backs.

Walker and Trippier are 31 so you have a chance to become the 3rd choice soon enough I suppose. But Lamptey and Livramento will both be fighting for that place. Wan Bissaka is nowhere near Trent and Reece James.
If Tino can get to the level of those two (which he is more than capable off) it will at the very least be a battle based on form.

Furthermore, with the 3atb system it allows to fit more of these RB's in.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Proven what? He moved from your academy in 2020 and had a big injury with Brighton . Yes he’s performing good but he isn’t some premier league proven that you are making it sound.

I will rather we give Ethan Laird a chance. I watch him play for Swansea and he’s very attacking. He can dribble, make runs, put in lovely crosses etc.
For what it's worth, I always thought Laird was better than Lamptey at youth level.

pascell

Yea, he needs to show that he can stay fit for a prolonged period
Lazy comment right here. Laird has played 18 of 20 league games for Swansea this season, completing 90 minutes in all but 3 games, one when he came on as a substitute a few days after moving to Swansea on loan.

He also played in 24 games for MK Dons the season before too after moving there on loan in January 2020.

How much more of a prolonged period does he have to show that he can stay fit?

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Lazy comment right here. Laird has played 18 of 20 league games for Swansea this season, completing 90 minutes in all but 3 games, one when he came on as a substitute a few days after moving to Swansea on loan.

He also played in 24 games for MK Dons the season before too after moving there on loan in January 2020.

How much more of a prolonged period does he have to show that he can stay fit?
That post was about Lamptey, mate

DOTA

Lot of talk about right backs in a thread about a guy who is playing right wing in a 4-2-3-1.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Lot of talk about right backs in a thread about a guy who is playing right wing in a 4-2-3-1.
To be fair he does play right back regularly - before his injury he was almost exclusively RB or RWB but the emergence of Veltman as a RCB or RB has freed Pitter up to move him forward, but this is the exception not the rule.