Television Taskmaster | Taskmaster VR Coming 2024 to Steam and Meta

Jack-C20

What’s Munya Chawawa like? Was hoping he got booted off Masterchef as early as possible as he was annoying as feck. Will definitely give him another chance as a few comedians I don’t mind have come across as trying too hard on other contest shows though. Judi Love was another but she was way better on Taskmaster. Should be worth it just for Dara alone.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
The tasks didn't really give the contestants any room to be funny, creative or tactical.

Still thought it was a decent enough first episode though.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
What’s Munya Chawawa like? Was hoping he got booted off Masterchef as early as possible as he was annoying as feck. Will definitely give him another chance as a few comedians I don’t mind have come across as trying too hard on other contest shows though. Judi Love was another but she was way better on Taskmaster. Should be worth it just for Dara alone.
Depends how much you like LeBron James tbh.

sebsheep

I just noticed that there's a third season of Taskmaster NZ. Anyone seen it? Season 2 was great, but Season 1 was meh.
No, but I'll definitely be looking for it now as they're a really good watch.

lsd

The Oracle

I think he will be the star this season and I'm a huge Dara fan but Munya and Sarah Millican make a good team for the team tasks.

Fern Brady is seriously hot and probably really funny if I could just understand her.

It's like watching Tom Hardy act I know he's great but just can't understand a
Word.

Jack-C20

I think he will be the star this season and I'm a huge Dara fan but Munya and Sarah Millican make a good team for the team tasks.

Fern Brady is seriously hot and probably really funny if I could just understand her.

It's like watching Tom Hardy act I know he's great but just can't understand a
Word.
I’ve never minded Sarah Millican. Not seen much of her stand up but she’s always a laugh on the panel show circuit. Plus she’s married to Gary Delaney so we’ve got similar taste in comedians.

I’ve only seen Fern Brady on that roast battle show and they always go for her accent :lol:

sebsheep

why LeBron James? :lol:
I’m an admirer despite having no interest in Basketball.
It's just something that pops up once or twice during the show. Greg Davies' reaction to it is exactly what I did when my daughter mentioned it.

Jack-C20

It's just something that pops up once or twice during the show. Greg Davies' reaction to it is exactly what I did when my daughter mentioned it.
I guess I’ll know when I see it! Managed to clear a couple of series off the watchlist so this’ll be next.

lsd

The Oracle
I’ve never minded Sarah Millican. Not seen much of her stand up but she’s always a laugh on the panel show circuit. Plus she’s married to Gary Delaney so we’ve got similar taste in comedians.

I’ve only seen Fern Brady on that roast battle show and they always go for her accent :lol:

It's weird I just have trouble with Scottish accents anyway.

sebsheep

Season 3 of the New Zealand version is worth a watch. Binged through a good amount of it at the weekend.

sebsheep

Was a good episode, the grapes and the duck/sock challenges were a fun watch.
I'm not entirely sure half of Dara's laminated instructions should have counted though.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I just noticed that there's a third season of Taskmaster NZ. Anyone seen it? Season 2 was great, but Season 1 was meh.
It's probably the weakest season so far, but still good - largely 'cos the Tasks are generally pretty well thought out.

Jeremy Wells is much better this season then in the previous two... feels more like he's coming into his own. Paul Williams is still great.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Dara bossed it. Did great on the live task with how Fern and John were no help at all.

Great bunch of contestants. Can tell the rest of this series is going to be enjoyable.

macheda14

Dara bossed it. Did great on the live task with how Fern and John were no help at all.

Great bunch of contestants. Can tell the rest of this series is going to be enjoyable.
Yeh I’ve never been a fan of Munya, find his tiktok comedy kind of annoying, but I’m quite enjoying him. I think this show has been great for changing perceptions of certain contestants, where they’re only known for a certain brand of comedy but then having a vehicle to be a bit more ‘themself’ endears the audience to them more.

phelans shorts

Yeh I’ve never been a fan of Munya, find his tiktok comedy kind of annoying, but I’m quite enjoying him. I think this show has been great for changing perceptions of certain contestants, where they’re only known for a certain brand of comedy but then having a vehicle to be a bit more ‘themself’ endears the audience to them more.
Both him and Millican have been like that for me so far. As you say comedians sometimes develop a brand that they play up to then this kind of setting shows the genuinely funny person that’s within that character

lsd

The Oracle
Dara got 30 points that episode. That must be the first time that happened one person winning every task in an episode.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Yeah it’s been a strong start. The live task was great, and I thought overall the tasks were better and more creative than the first week. Can already tell Dara knows how to play the game better than the others,

hobbers

Have to hand it to fern that was probably the funniest two words ever said on taskmaster.

phelans shorts

Yeah it’s been a strong start. The live task was great, and I thought overall the tasks were better and more creative than the first week. Can already tell Dara knows how to play the game better than the others,
We thought Chris Ramsey did the same last time though, maybe this is all leading to John Kearns walking away with it.

lsd

The Oracle

Can't spot a grape though

lsd

The Oracle
That sabatage task is up there with the best things Taskmaster has ever done.

I know John Kearn's humour isn't for everyone but I like it and the entire cast is excellent again

MUW4Eva

In John Kearn overload at the moment, as he is on this show, and also was on this week's House of Games on BBC 2!

phelans shorts

The confusion in the studio when they seemingly assumed Fern was doing a racist Chinese talking because they didn’t realise she speaks some mandarin was very awkward.

It’s been a superb start to the series, everyone is very funny good in their roles. Munya I don’t like his videos when I come across them but when he’s being an actual person he is very funny.

lsd

The Oracle
The confusion in the studio when they seemingly assumed Fern was doing a racist Chinese talking because they didn’t realise she speaks some mandarin was very awkward.

It’s been a superb start to the series, everyone is very funny good in their roles. Munya I don’t like his videos when I come across them but when he’s being an actual person he is very funny.

Divide and conga

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Thought the sabotage task was better here then in the New Zealand Balloon task.

John was the perfect person for it too

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I thought John would just be another David Baddiel but he’s been so much more. They’ve all been good but him and Dara have been great.

sebsheep

Good episode again last night. John arguing that the bubble machine was on for 5 minutes before doing anything :lol: