Music Taylor Swift

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Nothing to do with hating her. I don't get anyone acting that way. Whether it's for the Beatles or her, or Joe the Taxidermist.
My post wasn’t aimed at anyone in particular, just a general comment on the thread.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Gotcha. Figured since I talked about it and it was right after my comment it was in response to that. :cool:
I think Pogue’s quoted post was the one that struck me the most, mentioning the phenomenon just being more visible now.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
If Taylor Swift dated an association football player, how popular would football become?

Like imagine if she were Scott McTominay's girlfriend
Next album hits include:

“Box crasher”
“Academy product”
“McFred”
“Mid Table Quality”
“Scott Free”

and the unforgettable

“Sell him on for profit and sustainability regulations”

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Next album hits include:

“Box crasher”
“Academy product”
“McFred”
“Mid Table Quality”
“Scott Free”

and the unforgettable

“Sell him on for profit and sustainability regulations”
Can't wait for Samid's essay on that one :drool:

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Naive question for the experienced debaters in hear I suppose, but: is this a fairly representative Taylor Swift playlist?

I'm asking cause my daughter was asking about Swift (cause kids at school talked about her), and I had to admit I didn't actively know any of her songs. Funny how easy it is these days to avoid pop - although I suppose I've heard bits and pieces of her songs here and there. But so I wanted to listed to some of her stuff together, and now I'm wondering if this was a useful list, or if it's the 'wrong' songs if you want to get a general impression of Swift's work.

MiceOnMeth

Naive question for the experienced debaters in hear I suppose, but: is this a fairly representative Taylor Swift playlist?

I'm asking cause my daughter was asking about Swift (cause kids at school talked about her), and I had to admit I didn't actively know any of her songs. Funny how easy it is these days to avoid pop - although I suppose I've heard bits and pieces of her songs here and there. But so I wanted to listed to some of her stuff together, and now I'm wondering if this was a useful list, or if it's the 'wrong' songs if you want to get a general impression of Swift's work.
Apart from "Love Story" it basically has all her biggest hits so yeah I'd say it's a decent playlist for somebody just getting into her :)
Songs you won't find on here that a lot of Taylor fans would say are her best are:

Treacherous

Champagne problems

Ivy

My tears ricochet

Cardigan

State of grace

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Is this a playlist? I'm getting completely different mixes when logged in vs incognito mode.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Is this a playlist? I'm getting completely different mixes when logged in vs incognito mode.
I have no idea. I go to YouTube and look for stuff, I have no idea about anything else. :)

jasT1981

Chiefs get dumped out of the playoffs tonight or next week in the AFC Championship game and 10 minutes before kickoff at the Superbowl Taylor Swift will announce one of the following - 1) Engaged 2) Pregnant 3) Both

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Chiefs get dumped out of the playoffs tonight or next week in the AFC Championship game and 10 minutes before kickoff at the Superbowl Taylor Swift will announce one of the following - 1) Engaged 2) Pregnant 3) Both
4) Mbappe to Manchester United

Samid

I have no idea. I go to YouTube and look for stuff, I have no idea about anything else. :)
Alright. You have embedded a mix, not a playlist. Youtube mixes are tailored individually so everyone who clicks on that video will be seeing something different. Makes it impossible to answer your question!

Moby

Dick
And the kid's first words are "She take my money when I'm in need"

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Alright. You have embedded a mix, not a playlist. Youtube mixes are tailored individually so everyone who clicks on that video will be seeing something different. Makes it impossible to answer your question!
Oh well! What I get are almost all with Swift videos, so I suppose it's her hits anyway; and I got some additional titles above, so seems like I got what I need anyway.

I turn off all tracking I can on my phone btw, so I suppose it's a lot like operating in anonymous mode. Well, I hope, anyway.

Samid

2 games away from lifting the Lombardi and breaking the internet :drool:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Proceeds to catch two TD's in the Divisonal Round. As his muse, Taylor Swift can obviously take a lot of credit for this.
Until you realize his 5-75-2 line yesterday is his worst output in terms of receptions and yards in the Divisional Round since 2016.

She's clearly holding him back.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Until you realize his 5-75-2 line yesterday is his worst output in terms of receptions and yards in the Divisional Round since 2016.

Long may it continue. Don't hate TS but the attention surrounding her and KC is kind of an insult to the other teams' efforts imho. If they win the SP we ll def enter barf worthy territory.

Mike Smalling

To be fair, I haven’t watched an NFL game all year. 75 yards and two TDs still seems passable, but perhaps she is more succubus than muse.

Samid

Long may it continue. Don't hate TS but the attention surrounding her and KC is kind of an insult to the other teams' efforts imho. If they win the SP we ll def enter barf worthy territory.
Tbf Em vs Tay Super Bowl would be epic and the whole world would be watching. The ultimate battle of the GOATs.

Samid

#56 "Picture To Burn" (2006)

This song features one of the most controversial moments of her career. These were the original lyrics: "So go and tell your friends that I'm obsessive and crazy. That's fine I'll tell mine that you're gay!" In 2008 she changed the last part to "That's fine, you won't mind if I say".

If anyone is looking to get rich, buy this uncensored original debut album. Once she re-releases this album (presumably later this year), this song and the change of lyrics will make headlines. The original CD will become a real collector's item and the value will skyrocket.

Country twang Taylor was awesome. Will be interesting to see if she's capable of imitating that voice after all these years on the re-release.

Fun fact: At the start of the video we get to meet Abigail Anderson, Taylor's bestie. She was the inspiration for a song that we'll revisit later in the countdown.

Samid

#55 "You Are In Love" (2014)

And you understand now why they lost their minds and fought the wars
And why I've spent my whole life trying to put it into words

Taylor talks about the realness and simplicity of love. Beautiful song!