Music Taylor Swift

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
After releasing her best album earlier this year, she’s announced a follow up due out tomorrow...

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Ok yes please this had better bang as hard as the first one

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Can’t wait. But honestly, she’s spoiling us. Two albums in one year?

Hephaestus

Can’t wait. But honestly, she’s spoiling us. Two albums in one year?
Yeah, used to be we'd have to wait 2/3 years between albums. I prefer the not waiting.

Though I will be sad if Cardigan is the only song to get a MV from folklore, was hoping for August next. Guess that slipped away into a moment in time...

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Yeah, used to be we'd have to wait 2/3 years between albums. I prefer the not waiting.

Though I will be sad if Cardigan is the only song to get a MV from folklore, was hoping for August next. Guess that slipped away into a moment in time...
Me too. Really hope it’s as good as folklore.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Is this one produced by the guy from The National too? If not, I can't see it being as good as folklore.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Is this one produced by the guy from The National too? If not, I can't see it being as good as folklore.
The National have a feature on the album, so do Haim and Bon Iver. I think Jack Antonoff produced most of it.

ha_rooney

It’s the same producers as Folklore so I’m expecting similar style of songs & for it to be just as good as that album.

ha_rooney

Enjoyable album, an extension of Folklore with a music style that suits her very well. Maybe not as good as that album on initial listen, but still one of her better albums.

I don’t think she’ll release further new albums for a while now, probably just release the re-recordings of her first few albums first.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Great album. She doesn’t disappoint. Her voice gets better with every record. Really like Willow and No Body, No Crime.

Hephaestus

Great album. She doesn’t disappoint. Her voice gets better with every record. Really like Willow and No Body, No Crime.
Yeah, those two are great, loved ivy and cowboy like me as well.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
How in the hell is she putting out two albums in a year and my man Kendrick Lamar hasn't done squat since the Black Panther album 3 years ago?

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Yeah what’s going on, is Taylor Swift good or something? Like should I be listening to her?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
How in the hell is she putting out two albums in a year and my man Kendrick Lamar hasn't done squat since the Black Panther album 3 years ago?
Alt-folk indie music might be a bit easier to craft than what Kendrick is cooking up

3KDré

I fear that he has become a bit like Dre and become too much of a perfectionist over his craft
I would prefer it that way. Not made a bad piece of work, when he finishes he will have one of the best discographies ever.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Still on my first listen, but to my ears, it's very similar to Folklore. Which is not a bad thing.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Yeah what’s going on, is Taylor Swift good or something? Like should I be listening to her?
She was always a very good songwriter. Went from country to „power pop“ to folklore/singer-songwriter. „1989“ is worth a listen too. Also the Ryan Adams version of that album.
She is a great talent.

Kazi

On the first listen, I wasn’t feeling it much but I liked Willow and Tis The Damn Season.

Now I love all of the songs, but my faves are Ivy and Coney Island.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
She was always a very good songwriter. Went from country to „power pop“ to folklore/singer-songwriter. „1989“ is worth a listen too. Also the Ryan Adams version of that album.
She is a great talent.
The Ryan Adams version is so good

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I saw the singer/songwriter Zola Jesus was complaining about Swift's major label backed, flannel-wearing "indie cosplay" at a time when genuine indie acts are struggling financially. Which is unfair really, as co-opting different styles is what pop stars do. But "indie cosplay" is still a pretty good description for the folklore/evermore vibe.

They're perfectly solid albums, I'm sure for Taylor Swift fans who don't usually listen to indie-folk it's an interesting departure and within the pop context it's cool place for a major star to decamp for a bit anyway.

Judged as actual indie-folk albums go though they don't do all that much for me. Pleasant, 6/10 fare with folklore being slightly the better of the two.