Music Taylor Swift

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
#50 "Bejeweled" (2022)

After claiming the Vince Lombardi trophy on her first attempt it's only fair that we celebrate by revisiting her most glittery and glammy song.

There are quite a few easter eggs in the music video that any true Swiftie would pick up.

Samid

#49 "Teardrops On My Guitar" (2006)

And there he goes, so perfectly
The kind of flawless I wish I could be

Taylor was inspired to write this about her experience with a boy named Drew Hardwick, a classmate of hers whom she had feelings for. Hardwick was arrested for aggravated child abuse in 2015. Yikes. Probably not that flawless after all Tay.

"Swift and Hardwick sat beside each other in class every day. The two became friends, although Swift secretly desired for them to become a couple. Because of Hardwick's unawareness, he would frequently speak to Swift about another girl he had feelings for, something Swift pretended to be endeared by. Swift never confessed her feelings to him. By the release of Taylor Swift, he remained unaware of Swift's intentions or of the song and continued his relationship with the same female. Upon its release as a single, Hardwick attempted to contact Swift via phone calls, which Swift did not respond to; he then left voicemails, but Swift felt too awkward to call back.

Two years after the album's release, as she was leaving her house to attend a Nashville Predators hockey game, Hardwick appeared at her driveway. A car parked and Hardwick and a friend of his came out of it. After two and a half years of not speaking, the two conversed: "He was like, 'Hey, how's it going?' And I'm like, 'Wow, you're late. Good to see you.' But we were civilized." Swift conjectured multiple theories as to why Hardwick appeared at her house. One of them was that he was attempting to prove to his friend that he was indeed the subject of "Teardrops on My Guitar". Other possibilities was that he wanted to rebuild their friendship or believed Swift was still pining away from him. Swift said it would have been poetic if he approached her upon the album's release and she would have accepted but that she had already moved on."

She dodged a bullet.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters

Taylor was inspired to write this about her experience with a boy named Drew Hardwick, a classmate of hers whom she had feelings for. Hardwick was arrested for aggravated child abuse in 2015. Yikes. Probably not that flawless after all Tay.

"Swift and Hardwick sat beside each other in class every day. The two became friends, although Swift secretly desired for them to become a couple. Because of Hardwick's unawareness, he would frequently speak to Swift about another girl he had feelings for, something Swift pretended to be endeared by. Swift never confessed her feelings to him. By the release of Taylor Swift, he remained unaware of Swift's intentions or of the song and continued his relationship with the same female. Upon its release as a single, Hardwick attempted to contact Swift via phone calls, which Swift did not respond to; he then left voicemails, but Swift felt too awkward to call back.

Two years after the album's release, as she was leaving her house to attend a Nashville Predators hockey game, Hardwick appeared at her driveway. A car parked and Hardwick and a friend of his came out of it. After two and a half years of not speaking, the two conversed: "He was like, 'Hey, how's it going?' And I'm like, 'Wow, you're late. Good to see you.' But we were civilized." Swift conjectured multiple theories as to why Hardwick appeared at her house. One of them was that he was attempting to prove to his friend that he was indeed the subject of "Teardrops on My Guitar". Other possibilities was that he wanted to rebuild their friendship or believed Swift was still pining away from him. Swift said it would have been poetic if he approached her upon the album's release and she would have accepted but that she had already moved on."

She dodged a bullet.

You could probably make a ton of dosh by writing a book on this subject!

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas

She dodged a bullet.

All i got from that is: ewwwww Nashville Predators. Taylor should support a proper hockey team.

Samid

I am a huge Alicia Keys fan, but i have heard many people who seen her live saying that her voice dont hold up at all as on records.
She is an amazing all around musician as you say thought.
Should change her stage name to Off-Keys.

Godfather

Seing here alongside Lana in the stands was almost funny. Her music compared to Lana's is just so fecking shallow and uninteresting. Can't get close to her songs. Not in the slightest. Lana makes real music.

InfiniteBoredom

The same was said for Hillary vs Trump

Don't underestimate how dumb 'Murica is.
Trump for all the gibberish coming out of his mouth is at least in control of his faculties most of the time. It’s not really comparable.

West doesn’t even really have an appeal in middle America, imagine him winning in Pennsylvania or Ohio against a country music singer who was/is the quintessential American sweetheart for the last 2 decades.

Samid

#48 "Holy Ground" (2012)

Back when you fit my poems like a perfect rhyme

Taylor talks about the feeling when you're no longer heartbroken after a relationship has ended, and you can appreciate it for what it was, rather than being bitter about what it didn't end up being.

The acoustic version is really good. Changes the dynamics completely.

For the record, Red is my favorite album so the top 50 will be absolutely riddled with bangers from 2012. You have been warned.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Oh gosh, I'm in a pickle. I think Tay is mediocrity personified, but I also enjoy watching how angry her haters get.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I see Adele set up 10 concerts in a row in Munich arena, does that make her new temporary greatest star of all times? Or should we wait another ten.

InfiniteBoredom

If we’re going with “cultural icon/performer” (whatever that is) then that means expanding the net beyond pop musicians, which takes her even further off the pace.
There are a couple generations of adults by now who have listened to Swift’s songs growing up, you can not care a wit for her music or her as a person but to deny that she isn’t on the same tier as someone like Madonna, for instance, who was last relevant about 20 years ago, is strange to say the least. Unless your criteria for GOAT in the entertainment industry only extend to those who existed before the 90s, it’s hard not to accord her the right to be involved in that conversation.

I get it, she's white bread and safe and boring, and her artistry isn't much to speak of, but if you have been cognizant of social media, radio and even traditional media (TV/newspaper), then Taylor Swift has simply been everywhere for nigh on 20 years at the top, how many acts/performers can claim the same? GOAT debate is subjective in any field, but much of it is a popularity contest after all. When you and I are dead, there will be grandmas jamming to You Belong With Me still instead of Purple Rain or Bohemian Rhapsody.