g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Music Taylor Swift

lsd

The Oracle
Oh no

Problem is when people like her criticise Taylor i instantly become team Swift.

If these idiots keep criticising her Taylor will be around further

Dr. StrangeHate

Just read a headline that she is a billionaire. I am guessing very few artists (in any field) reach that status.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
You mean MCU whose latest film is one of the buggest flops in cinematic history? MCU has clearly faded a lot since the pandemic (No Way Home aside, which was succesfull for other reasons). So MCU pretty much works as an example for me as well.
Are you talking about Madame Web? Not part of the MCU, that's a Sony film.

Wing Attack Plan R

Hardly debatable though is it? Not even a dig at Taylor but artistically she can't get close to Lana. She won't care though with all that success she has. For whatever reason that is.
It's not even remotely debatable, but in the opposite way to what you apparently mean. It's probably just a matter of taste, but it also makes me think you haven't listened to Lana's last 3 albums.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It might be a lazy argument, but it's also the truth. I won't ever be able to convince you that her music is good, and you me the other way around. Another thing that's true is that global pop stars like Taylor usually don't have a very long shelf life at the top. Taylor, for example, emerged at the same time as the trio Rihanna, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga. Perry and Gaga managed about five at the top before fading and Rihanna a bit longer (I know she hasn't made any music for a while, but she had already started to fade a bit with Anti). The same was true for Britney and now lately Ed Sheeran (who's star has faded quite a bit over the past years), and I'm sure there's a number of other pop artists that this applies to. Then one can ask oneself why Taylor has managed to stay on top for so long now? Clearly there's something people keeps coming back to over and over. And when that happens it's hard to say it hasn't anything to do with quality, because generally people doesn't come back over and over for things that lacks quality. So there's that.
Marvel films are such a great analogy. They’ve also been popular for ages now and are equally dull, generic and lacking in any real quality. Like them, she / her team is definitely great at marketing and the sinking standard of mainstream music has also probably allowed such mediocrity to be lauded.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Problem is when people like her criticise Taylor i instantly become team Swift.

If these idiots keep criticising her Taylor will be around further
Yeah, I feel the same. Thanks to these idiots I'm now a Taylo Swoft fan.

CoopersDream

Marvel films are such a great analogy. They’ve also been popular for ages now and are equally dull, generic and lacking in any real quality. Like them, she / her team is definitely great at marketing and the sinking standard of mainstream music has also probably allowed such mediocrity to be lauded.
It's a good analogy in the way that it's popular things that you (or the other poster) don't like and consider to be void of quality. The thing about Marvel is that there are a fair few Marvel films that actually are good films, unfortunately for them all of those films came before Endgame, and the quality is now absolutely down the pits in every department. It has also reflected in their popularity - their movies last year lost Disney a minor fortune. They haven't managed to sustain that level of popularity they had pre-pandemic (except for No Way Home, which clearly had its reasons for being popular) and I doubt they will be able to turn this around at this point.

Meanwhile Taylor Swift is currently the biggest pop star in the world, almost 20 years into her career, and currently more popular than any musical act has been since MJ. I get not liking her music and whatnot, but certainly it seems a bit weird that people would keep being this interested in someone that never actually have done anything good? It's not a giant leap to drawing the conclusion that there probably is something of real quality in there.

Last edited:

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
I'm talking about The Marvels. Madame Web, even if it was Marvel, has way to small a budget to qualify for such a feat.
Is The Marvels one of the biggest flops in cinematic history? I remember reading it's the worst performing MCU film but didn't think it was anywhere near being one of the worst ever.

CoopersDream

Is The Marvels one of the biggest flops in cinematic history? I remember reading it's the worst performing MCU film but didn't think it was anywhere near being one of the worst ever.
Yeah, give or take a John Carter (and maybe The Lone Ranger), it probably lost more money than any other film in history.

Moby

Dick
@Moby

Quick google says "Taylor Swift's audience is 72.4% female and 44.2% Gen Z"

So yeah, kids. And girls. Like I said aimed at my daughters.
So over half of them are older than 25 (how many of them are older than 35?) and actually listen to her stuff without needing a kid?

Omg you got me. I'm not even gonna ask what exact data was collected to define someone as her audience you win bro

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
So over half of them are older than 25 (how many of them are older than 35?) and actually listen to her stuff without needing a kid?

Omg you got me. I'm not even gonna ask what exact data was collected to define someone as her audience you win bro
Relax you weirdo. I wouldnt listen to Taylor Swift at all if I didn't have kids. I have a quite a varied music taste and own a lot of music, none of which is comparable to TS. How you find that contentious or offensive is very fecking odd.

If the news that her fans are predominantly young and female, then I'm sorry for not breaking it more gently.

Moby

Dick
Relax you weirdo. I wouldnt listen to Taylor Swift at all if I didn't have kids. I have a quite a varied music taste and own a lot of music, none of which is comparable to TS. How you find that contentious or offensive is very fecking odd.

If the news that her fans are predominantly young and female, then I'm sorry for not breaking it more gently.
You can do whatever the feck you want nobody cares. Loads of people who don't have kids listen to swift so there's no such thing as needing kids to listen to her. I'm tired of this now so adios

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
You can do whatever the feck you want nobody cares. Loads of people who don't have kids listen to swift so there's no such thing as needing kids to listen to her. I'm tired of this now so adios
:lol:

I was talking about me. And you care, which is very strange.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
#47 "seven" (2020)

Please picture me
In the weeds
Before I learned civility
I used to scream ferociously
Any time I wanted

Folky Taylor = goosebumps deluxe. She's a master at painting vivid pictures in your mind and take you on a journey.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
How weird is it that to this day I have never consciously listened to a song by her and can't name a signle one?

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
This is why Samid is documenting all her song names in this thread, as he knows no one can remember any of her songs.
And the rate he's going he'll still be posting them as June rolls around.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Went to a 'by candlelight' orchestral gig at Manc Cathedral last night.

Taytay's music works so well with just the tune and the instruments.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
How it started:

How it's going:

"I’ll revisit the ones from this weekend often" No you won't, Taylor.

Almost 100,000 a night though, that's insane popularity.

How weird is it that to this day I have never consciously listened to a song by her and can't name a signle one?
Stop lying.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
From her private jet usage alone, she creates 1,000 times more emissions than the average European. That should create more of an outrage than it is.

Dr. StrangeHate

I think Jacko, Jay Z, Rihanna, Bono reached it along with a few others.
Jacko is obvious.
Jay-Z I guess owns record labels.
Rihanna is a strange one, I distinctly remember her being broke at one point. I didn't know she was that big
Don't know much about Bono.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Stop lying.
:lol:
It just seems she's everywhere and i certainly have heard her songs played somewhere, but i just cant associate any song with her name.

I'm just gonna shake shake shake shake shake shake
Okay now there is one - i heard that one because of the video with the cop in the car, but until a minute ago i didn't know it was a TS song :D