g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Teammates who hated each other

Kazi

Effenberg and Matthaus was the first one that came to my mind, mainly cause of that hilarious autobiography story

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Effenberg and Matthaus was the first one that came to my mind, mainly cause of that hilarious autobiography story
Matthaus and Lizarazu. The culminating point was recorded from 00:33.

The Bloody-Nine

On the Gillespie/Shearer one. . . . Gillespie reportedly threw a punch at Shearer in a bar in Dublin and missed entirely because he was pissed.

Shearer had a go back and then invited Gillespie outside for a man-to-man. . . . Gillespie apparently walked behind Shearer, then realising Shearer was going to give him a beating he went and hit Shearer from behind as they approached the door. . . A melee then ensued.
Nope.

'We were away on a mid-season break, and I knocked some cutlery off the table accidentally,' Gillespie told talkSPORT. 'He looked over to say "pick that up", and I just didn't like the way he was talking to me.

'I just turned round and said: "Right. Outside now!" And he took me up on the offer.

'I didn't think he would, but I was a bit too proud to back down. We ended up going outside, and I took one swing and missed, and he hit me - and that was goodnight.'

Gillespie, who left Newcastle in 1998 and went on to play for clubs including Leicester and Sheffield United, came off second best, but his relationship with Magpies legend Shearer was not affected.

He added: 'I did actually spend a night in hospital. Because when he hit me I fell and hit my head on a plant pot. I was unconscious.

'He came and saw me the next day, and we had a laugh about it.'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...e-Alan-Shearer-left-unconscious-hospital.html

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I remember all of this happening but I don’t recall ever hearing Sheringham’s side of the story.
Same. I've never heard Sheringham speak about it at any point. Only Cole.

That said, I've not hear Cole speak about it for some time, with the above article being from 2010. I wonder if they have since made peace.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Is there still animosity between De Bruyne and Courtois?
My friend actually was actually talking about this. Said Courtois shagged KDBs missus.

Didn't Figo hate Deco when they played for Portugal?

Last edited:

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
It's not a whole team in this case, more like 6 or 7 harassers on one side and a few to defend the guy on the other.
Thats the official version and i give credit to it, given that ribery later apologized to Gourcuff. On the other hand, Domenech was a huge bellend and i'll never understand how he kept his job for so long. I've never heard Ribery to be poisonous in all his Bayern years, don't know enough about the other members of the revolt; Evra, Henry, Anelka - were they trouble at their clubs?

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Always thought Sheringham and Cole was just a clash of personalities, Teddy was a flash, arrogant cockney and Cole was a moody, sullen introvert. That was my impression anyway. Always remember Cole running the length of the pitch to score against Chelsea in the 5-3 Cup game at the Bridge in 1998, Sheringham was in a much better position to score completely unmarked in acres of space, and Cole just ignored him and stuck it in.

KetilOwren88

According to his autobiography, there was some serious jealosy from Ibrahimovic towards Messi during his Barca career. The actual problem was Pep, but I don’t think Ibra and Messi were a good match either. Ibra just couldn’t stand Messi being the main man.

Last edited by a moderator:

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Thats the official version and i give credit to it, given that ribery later apologized to Gourcuff. On the other hand, Domenech was a huge bellend and i'll never understand how he kept his job for so long. I've never heard Ribery to be poisonous in all his Bayern years, don't know enough about the other members of the revolt; Evra, Henry, Anelka - were they trouble at their clubs?
Ribéry has been trouble about everywhere he's gone. Evra insulted repeatedly and kicked his own fans in Marseille, that got him fired. Anelka's chaotic career is largely due to his bad character and toxic entourage. I heard nothing about the others.

Gourcuff for some reason seems quite easy to dislike: he failed to fit in the locker room at Milan and frustrated a lot of people with his attitude at Lyon.

PvsNP

I don't know if it ever evolved into hate, but Eto'o and Ronaldinho clashed multiple times.

ZAKU-RED

Supports
Barcelona
Well it was a short one but Nelson Semedo vs Neymar. During the preseason tour in the USA last summer during the whole Neymar saga deal, Both Semedo and Neymar got into a bust up with each other during a training match and had to be seperated. Going by the video it kicked off with Semedo holding Neymar when he had the ball and Ney didn't like it and proceeded to yell and shove each other but the players quickly intervened before it got worse.

Lj82

Mido vs Zlatan.

Probably the first bust up in Zlatan's career.
I can't recall the details but they were best mates before the bust up.
Even after the bust, I think they made up pretty quickly, and they don't hate each other.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Zlatan vs Everyone, by the look of it.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
Ribéry has been trouble about everywhere he's gone.
News to me. I know he had problems in turkey, but that was because he didn't get paid. What other Bayern player has he been trouble with? Getting a bit excited in a situation and having a row at one time is something different than "hating each other".
Evra insulted repeatedly and kicked his own fans in Marseille, that got him fired.
Well, he's been at United a couple of years. Any feuds known here?
Gourcuff for some reason seems quite easy to dislike: he failed to fit in the locker room at Milan and frustrated a lot of people with his attitude at Lyon.
Maybe it was Gourcuff who wasn't such a nice person to be around. I personally think none of the Alpha-Players liked domenech very much and since Gourcuff was Domenechs man...

worldgonemad

I,m sure years ago i heard that while at leeds Cantona was taking english lessons off Lesley Ash ( Lee Chapman , leeds strikers wife . ) The story goes that in return he was giving her french lessons in return and quite understandably Chapman did not take it too well so gave the ultimatum to the manager ," he goes or i go " . Given that at the time Chapman was a goal machine for Leeds , Cantona was sold to Utd for around a million quid . The rest is history , Cantonas career went into swift decline and he ended up playing for a few smaller clubs and his career fizzled out while Chapman went on to become a club legend at one of the biggest clubs in the world and cement his icon status .

Think thats how it went but the details are a little fuzzy

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I can't recall the details but they were best mates before the bust up.
Even after the bust, I think they made up pretty quickly, and they don't hate each other.
Indeed but not in every bust up a player throws sharp object like a knife at the other one.

I don't think Mido was thinking clear but he clearly had some hate in him building up to that moment.

mykelawrence

There was an ITV doc about Andy Cole few years back. He said Teddy made him feel "small" by not wishing him good luck when he came on. Think it was his England debut so was probably never as hell.

Didn't they also have another run in after a goal Man. United conceded?

I think it was 1-1 v Bolton at OT in the 97/98 season. Teddy said "that was your fault" to Cole.

simplyared

Zlatan v Van der Vaart - Ajax
Zlatan v Mido - Ajax (scissors flew in the dressing room)
Zlatan v Fredrik Ljungberg - Sweden's national team
Zlatan v Gattuso - AC Milan
Zlatan v Jonathan Zebrina - Juventus
Zlatan v Oguchi Onyewu - AC Milan (fight on traning ground which took 10 players to seperate them.