Ten Hag | First MUTV Interview (10am BST) | Press Conference (12pm BST)

klsv

I'm sure some of the guys here will be happy to let him know that our second and third place finishes were flukes and we need to make 25 transfers this summer.

Corridor of Uncertainty

I love the feeling of optimism during a new managers press conference. A new start, a clean slate, anything is possible.

Long Time Red

What a waste of time it was listening to that interview.

Now we have the press conference where the idiot journos will probably ask him about the title race, Mbappe's new PSG contract and pitch invasions.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Blimey there's no pleasing some people. Waste of time? What were you expecting?

"Yes I hate Maguire, Lindelof and all the other players the fans seem to hate and I will be fecking them off ASAP"

Nick7

"Yes I hate Maguire, Lindelof and all the other players the fans seem to hate and I will be fecking them off ASAP"
yeah, unfortunately as much as I would love to see the majority of our squad binned off this summer it's just not realistic.

EtH

You’ll have to excuse some of us will be having withdrawals from Ralf’s pressers. :lol:

Long Time Red

How about, "you were at the game yesterday, what were your impressions of the game and how did you find the experience?"

Eleven-Eighteen

Hard to feel optimistic after the last few months. But here's hoping ETH can at the least have our players playing to United standards again.

Delano

Looking forward to him hitting the stunner on Cotterill at 12. What a complete clown that man is.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
How about, "you were at the game yesterday, what were your impressions of the game and how did you find the experience?"
This interview would have been recorded pre-game yesterday. Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s a few days old

tomaldinho1

Great interview but am I the only one sat here worried about the comments about this squad finishing second two seasons ago ?
As much as we want to see a mass clear out, he can hardly come in and say everyone is crap without destroying the dressing room. The change is going to be over a few transfer windows - I can’t remember what our team looked like playing with confidence and in a system that allows us to dominate the ball, maybe we’ll start to see a bit more quality. Transfers are needed but 1st season the goal is simply top four, this current squad can achieve that with a couple of additions.

MUW4Eva

I think she's made her way in the world before doing work for us, see on twitter that she's done work for DAZN, the PL, Sky Sports and the BBC.
Yes, she has done lots, she was the main commentator for the Lyon Champions League win on DAZN.
She is darn good at what she does, so no need from anyone to try to bring her down.

romufc

I for one am not getting excited over his interview. I dont think the questions were all that great.

We heard Ole talk about pressing, players fighting for the club, fittest team to deliver nothing.

We heard Rangnick talk about pressing, vertical balls, organised etc.. nothing happened.

I am not going to get excited over his interview, the proof will be in the pudding.

EtH

Pogba, lingard, martial, henderson, Cavani, awb, mata, matic, Jones, bailley, telles will do;)

even that doesn’t feel enough
No. It doesn’t. What a state we are in and what a massive job he has on his hands.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Liked what he said but you're always going to get that aren't you. Still cautiously optimistic about the future.

One thing I never like is when people say "back where Utd belong". I get the sentiment but we are exactly where we currently belong because we don't deserve anything more. We don't have a divine right to be up there competing and it's that attitude that sets us back and causes players to wilt when they are faced with literally any opposition to that notion.

Orange Tree

So, don't expect wholesale changes.

This squad will need a couple of windows to sort out.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
So, don't expect wholesale changes.

This squad will need a couple of windows to sort out.
We are about to lose about 10 players. He has no option but to make wholesale changes

EtH

As much as we want to see a mass clear out, he can hardly come in and say everyone is crap without destroying the dressing room. The change is going to be over a few transfer windows - I can’t remember what our team looked like playing with confidence and in a system that allows us to dominate the ball, maybe we’ll start to see a bit more quality. Transfers are needed but 1st season the goal is simply top four, this current squad can achieve that with a couple of additions.
I like your optimism but we will be well and truly fecked next season if we only add two players this summer.

FriedClams

Sounds like he's going to give the squad another chance to prove themselves as they finished 2nd two seasons ago.

Fingers crossed that's not the case or he'll be fecking finished by next summer.
This was my concern. It was a Covid season, it should not be looked at as a barometer for future success.

redflash

My take away was "good is not good enough, we have to be better"

I'm very optimistic that he will raise the standards day in and day out.

Let's all get behind this guy, and I hope that we close shop. After this week not toomuch comes out about what is going on and like it used to be we get the odd snippets of how hard we're working etc.

I finally think the club is having a serious and pragmatic approach to changing things and have started by accepting that the current state of play is not acceptable.

"We start from 0 and build from there."

Adamsk7

I was actually surprised how poor his English is, for a Dutchman. I'm sure it will improve over the coming months.
Yeah, although it's clearly good enough to get his point across, which is all that matters. He's an intelligent guy so I am sure it will improve quickly. I'd imagine by the end of the upcoming season his sentences will be less broken