Tennis 2015

ZDwyr

I do wonder what might have happened had Murray not got that back injury. I think it set him back quite a bit and that if he hadn't had it he would be better equipped to challenge Novak.

saivet

Has the schedule been released? If not when will it be? In perfect world, the set of tickets I have will be for Murray vs Nadal

Giggsy92

Giggsy92

Also I'm pretty sure the winners of the first two matches play each other in the second round of games, so if Nadal beats Wawrinka then Murray vs Nadal will be Wednesday, if Wawrinka beats Nadal it'll be Friday (I think).

Giggsy92

Not exactly the most competitive of first days... Hope it isn't like last year with everyone apart from Djokovic and Federer playing badly. Some nice drop shots from Roger this evening, the court looks slower than I expected sadly.

Bojan11

I don't think the quality of the tour finals has been great in the last few years. Can't remember many classics. A lot of players beside Federer and Djokovic tend to drop off for it massively.

saivet

Nadal battered a pretty poor Wawrinka. Must be Nadal's best result of the year.
He beat Stan 6-2 6-1 in Shanghai or Beijing last month.

First time I've watched Rafa live and I'm very happy. Stan did some good things but was very inconsistent. Anyway, glad Nadal got it done quickly, gives me an earlier night!

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Federer is still a huge threat to Djokovic in a 3 setter. Where he seems to have trouble is in the GSlams when it's a lot more physically demanding.

Mihajlovic

Its Baltic!
:lol: your Novak bias is incredible.
I just love him ;)

Seriously though, Federer served and played perfect and obviously deserved to win, I just didn't like Novak losing the second set 6:2, he really looked crap out there and I had a feeling he just wasn't giving his best, that's all. Hard to imagine that he will play with the same attitude in a final. (If he makes it to the finals)

Giggsy92

Think it's as much a mental problem as it is physical one for Federer when it comes to playing Djokovic in slams, he seems more relaxed in the smaller tournaments. Dropping down to number 3 might not be so bad as I reckon he'd have a better chance at beating him in the semis than in a slam final.

Sigma

Murray spending the same time between points as Nadal but moaning that Nadal is taking too long between serves... :lol:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
What was up with Murray's timing in that 7th game? Four of five shots in the space of 3 points just ballooned back to the other side with no power. Odd.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Rafa takes the first.

The fact that he's even competing against players ranked as highly as Murray once again must be a huge boost for him.

saivet

So, I see Rafa is a set and break up. Great to hear, more him good or Murray bad, or a bit of both?

Kag

Murray in the biggest strop I've seen him in years.

Awful serving in the second set so far, both of them.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Nadal has definitely improved. He's making shots he was sloppily missing not so long back. At the same time, Murray looks a bit rubbish. Even the final he lost to Djokovic in the last final was disappointing from his POV. At his best he used to give Djokovic a very hard time.

Kag

Murray has been utterly brutal in the second set. I'd expect anybody in the top 16 to come away with it.

He'd gifted 9 unforced errors in the space of two and a half games and his serve percentages are probably the lowest they've been in a match all season.

saivet

Saw some Murray fans suggesting his mind is on the Davis Cup. Didn't watch his match against Ferrer, only the highlights, but Murray seemed like he played quite well. Either way, happy for Rafa. Look forward to see him up against probably Djok.

Kag

Saw some Murray fans suggesting his mind is on the Davis Cup. Didn't watch his match against Ferrer, only the highlights, but Murray seemed like he played quite well. Either way, happy for Rafa. Look forward to see him up against probably Djok.
Nah, the DC is a poor excuse. He was just shite and lost his head after losing the first set.

wr8_utd

:'(
I was at the O2 for all the games on Sunday and Monday and Rafa looked really good. He's finally started looking like himself these last few months which isa bit strange since he's at his weakest on indoor courts. Today was another promising performance even though Murray was a bit rubbish. Coming top of the group though brings him a match with Djoko. Hardly the greatest of rewards but it'll be a good test

wr8_utd

He beat Stan 6-2 6-1 in Shanghai or Beijing last month.

First time I've watched Rafa live and I'm very happy. Stan did some good things but was very inconsistent. Anyway, glad Nadal got it done quickly, gives me an earlier night!
What block were you in?

Bojan11

So is Rafa back? I remember when Murray brutally battered him in Madrid on clay and wow he just dished out some revenge.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
The big test is Djokovic. If he can even compete against him, not even win then perhaps we can say Rafa 'is back'.

wr8_utd

Nadal did compete with Dkoko last month. It was closer than the scoreline suggested. Nadal can definitely now compete with Murray and below it seems but how he does against a big hitter who's having a good day is yet to be seen. And ofcourse Fed and Djoko

saivet

Nadal did compete with Dkoko last month. It was closer than the scoreline suggested. Nadal can definitely now compete with Murray and below it seems but how he does against a big hitter who's having a good day is yet to be seen. And ofcourse Fed and Djoko
Closer than the scoreline suggested, but it was not what I call properly competing with him