Tennis 2016

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Well done, Murray. He definitely deserves the win (and the number 1 spot in the rankings), but Djokovic has been very underwhelming with all these unforced errors. He doesn't look motivated and concentrated enough.

SqueakyWeasel

Just shows you that every sportsman needs to stay on top of the fitness and obviously have the raw talent … but getting that mind set right is the most important piece of the jigsaw IMHO. Mourinho is a big tennis fan … he's going to be watching! :drool::devil:

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Murray is going to get a lot of compliments for this but he's at the same level he's been for years. Djokovic is the one playing worse. He deserves those compliments but he deserved them before too.

Scorpy

Murray is going to get a lot of compliments for this but he's at the same level he's been for years. Djokovic is the one playing worse. He deserves those compliments but he deserved them before too.
Nah, he's much better mentally now and that's been the turning point for him to challenge for the top spot.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Nah, he's much better mentally now and that's been the turning point for him to challenge for the top spot.
He's been like this since forever. He was number 2 for ages and Djokovic started playing a lot worse recently. That's what has made him challenge for the top spot.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
He's been like this since forever. He was number 2 for ages and Djokovic started playing a lot worse recently. That's what has made him challenge for the top spot.
I honestly think he's ramped up the consistency against the players below him too, but Djokovic certainly hasn't been at his best.

Scorpy

We'll have to agree to disagree. Djokovic's obviously lost some motivation to maintain his ridiculous level from the past few years, but Murray is a lot more consistent and mentally stable now, which has been a turning point for him.

SqueakyWeasel

I honestly think he's ramped up the consistency against the players below him too, but Djokovic certainly hasn't been at his best.
Make you two right and I'm not really a big fan of Murray ttytt. The other argument is a bit like saying Arsenal would have won yesterday if they'd have played to their capacity. It doesn't allow for the fact that we didn't let them play their normal game!

Last edited:

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Played great today, deserves to be number 1 all day long after this year.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
No.1 Yes!!

What an achievement! Was biting my nails during his final service game!:lol:

Jazz

Played great today, deserves to be number 1 all day long after this year.
Absolutely! That was not easy. Also unbeaten since I think the Olympics? (not sure) - but he's had a long run. Great stuff.

Jazz

The thing is the top guys and gals don't even think about the prize money anymore - they've made so much. It's all about winning Slams, being No.1 etc etc and cementing your place in tennis history.
It's bloody hard work and dedication. Lots of respect for them.

Zen

Odd question, but why was everyone marking that match out for number 1? Murray lost in the group stages last year and Djokovic won it, so Murray should of had the year ending position settled just by showing up to the group stages as Djokovic could only lose points and he could only gain them.....both of which happened.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Odd question, but why was everyone marking that match out for number 1? Murray lost in the group stages last year and Djokovic won it, so Murray should of had the year ending position settled just by showing up to the group stages as Djokovic could only lose points and he could only gain them.....both of which happened.
Murray is going to lose points he gained playing in the Davis Cup finals last year which would have knocked him back a bit.

Bojan11

Glad Murray got Lendl back. He was wasting away his talent with Maueresmo.

Hopefully Nadal adds a coach.

Jazz

It;s a bit complicated but what it came down to is that Murray is set to lose the points he gained last year from the Davis Cup win, and as it's so close points wise, it naturally came down to who went furthest in this tournament.

Bojan11

Murray is going to lose points he gained playing in the Davis Cup finals last year which would have knocked him back a bit.
Points don't count for Davis cup.

Djokovic was quite a distance ahead last year and the only tournament he gained points from was the French open.

Jazz

Glad Murray got Lendl back. He was wasting away his talent with Maueresmo.

Hopefully Nadal adds a coach.
Doubt Nadal's gonna ditch Uncle Toni:lol: