g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Tennis 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Yeah... this is not going well at all.

Forehand's gone again today.

saivet

Fecking hell, just woke up and seen the Murray result. And that was meant to be the shit old journey man Zverev. I watched highlights of his match in Brisbane vs Nadal where he lost 6-1 6-1 and he looked mediocre. Fecking hell, genuinely shocked.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
First few sets yes but Fourth set, Murray just kept dumping his shots into the net and left it too late to get back into that match. He knew he's the fitter player and needed to weather the storm.

Bottom line is likes of Fed, Nadal and Djokovic even normal world no 1s they don't lose matches like that in the prime of their career.. golden opportunity to win this slam and Murray flaked.
It was the pressure telling on Murray is my view and was a culmination of earlier sets. When a guy is volleying as well Zverev was its tough to keep pulling out inch perfect passing shots. And Zverev was getting to even the very good passes.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Lets just hope Federer can keep the crisp shot making up. :drool:

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Even if he goes on to lose this set, Roger is incredible. Battling like this at 35 years old.... he's got an awesome attitude

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Even if he goes on to lose this set, Roger is incredible. Battling like this at 35 years old.... he's got an awesome attitude
This is only his 4th competitive match in 6 months, lets not forget that either.
getting the excuses in early...

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Great start in the Tie Break, that return was obnoxious

Scarecrow

Having a week off
That was Nishikori's plan all along - make the old man play a few more games before taking the set.

Jazz

Great fight by Rogie. He's cut out some of his unforced errors, so here's hoping to a better start in the 2nd set.

Giggsy92

I like waking up to these crazy results. Might bet on Rafa winning it now, think the pressure of being favourite might get to Stan.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Can Fed v Nadal meet in the final? Or is it semi finals ..that would be one for the ages again.

Jazz

One set all now. If Fed isn't tired he's going to win this.
I hope so!

Gotta hand it to the old man. Needs to keep holding his serve and wait patiently for an opportunity like he did in the 2nd.

Jazz

He does look more lean, closer to his mid-twenties compared to the slightly more bulky Federer of the last few years.
He's been looking lean for a few seasons now. In fact, he looks like he's a bit bigger than usual.

Jazz

Get in Roger! What a break! Just hold your serve now. No brainfarts please:nervous:

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
That half-volley was just nasty :drool:

Edit: 4:1 with the double break. Nishikori's crumbling now

Last edited:

saivet

Double break. Think Federer will now go on to take it in 4 sets.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Nishikori checking out. Chum jetzt!
It's also Federer getting to him. He's looking so sharp right now. All shots have purpose.

Edit:
6:1, inspired stuff in the last games from Federer.
@jem and a few others said it recently: There's not greater sight in sport than Federer in full flight.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Nishikori has been rubbish after the first 4 games. Nowhere near his form against the likes of Djokovic.

Status
Not open for further replies.