Tennis 2019

stepic

Don’t quite get that. She is in her last legs of a fantastic career. Probably the best ever player.
She’s easily the best ever player. Court’s record was due to the Aussie Open which not all the best players competed in back in the day.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Fair fecking play Bianca. Beautiful watching Serena and this crowd cry for the second year running.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Kid's a hell of a player.

stepic

Find it odd the hate Serena gets tbh. She’s the best ever. Hopefully she gets that 24th.

Dan_F

Fair play to her for coming back after dropping four straight games. I hope we get five set women’s matches at some point. So many men’s finals become classics in five sets and I feel like you don’t really get that in the women’s game.

Bojan11

Find it odd the hate Serena gets tbh. She’s the best ever. Hopefully she gets that 24th.
Odd? Did you miss her behaviour last year? Or how about time she was threatening to kill a linesperson. Then every final loss she comes with a excuse. She got outplayed last year by Osaka and turned that into a Carlos Ramos blame show.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
What a player this kid is . 8-0 Vs Top 10 and has won Indian Wells,Canada and US open in her breakout year

kidbob

Fair play to her for coming back after dropping four straight games. I hope we get five set women’s matches at some point. So many men’s finals become classics in five sets and I feel like you don’t really get that in the women’s game.
They need to play the same as men. Djoko got so slated for giving this opinion but in my mind equal pay means equal play. As you said it opens it up ti more interesting matches. So many times in the women's game if you have a bad start you are fecked in terms of turning it around. Hard to accept the same prize money for what is often a 1 hour game compared to 2-3 or even 5 sometimes for the men.

Skills

Snitch
They'd have to make the courts smaller.

Skills

Snitch
Why? Is a football pitch smaller for women?
It should be. Women's football is dreadful though, and women's tennis is what women's football should be aspiring to be - not the other way around.

Dan_F

It should be. Women's football is dreadful though, and women's tennis is what women's football should be aspiring to be - not the other way around.
And do you think women’s football would be better if the pitch was smaller?

Dan_F

I think he's made that clear with the first sentence of that post.
I’m interested in why he thinks that. I’d understand if women’s football starts off with really high quality for the first 70 minutes, then drops off because they can’t physically cope with a bigger pitch for 90 minutes. That’s clearly not the reason for lower quality football than the men’s game.

Edit. Way off topic to be fair. Sorry

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Great game. Great final so far. Serena still needs to find her first serve though.
Started watching rerun on Eurosport from 6-3 4-1, and I thought it was pretty terrible. Guess they looked much better before.

I like the unpredictability of women's tennis, but not much more.

Congrats, girl I don't know who won!

AlwaysRed66

Teenager wins battle of the chubbies. When do you ever see overweight male professional tennis players.

wr8_utd

:'(
Started watching rerun on Eurosport from 6-3 4-1, and I thought it was pretty terrible. Guess they looked much better before.

I like the unpredictability of women's tennis, but not much more.

Congrats, girl I don't know who won!
The unpredictability is all that it's got going for it. I think this result made it 8 different winners of Slams back to back? I find the quality pretty poor though and that's what the ATP will be in 2-3 years.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany

This is one incredible fact
The new kids in the ATP are poor. And it's not like Zverev, Tsitipas etc are regularly being knocked out by Federer, Nadal etc that you can put it down to the awesomeness of those greats. They just fail in the grand slams. Only Thiem has a hit of sympathy because Nadal has beaten him.